This is stupid...'bout as stupid as it gets...

RuMR

Dru said:

can I quote a PM here?

Hi Dru

My name is Richard Head and I am the present of Huckdoll Inc. Following the success of our Ed Veisturs and Tori Allen dolls we are looking to come out with a bendable cyber climber. Are you interested in modelling for the character?

thumbs_up.gif

what does the present do?

confused.gifhahaha.gifrockband.gif

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

erik said:

Dru said:

can I quote a PM here?

Hi Dru

My name is Richard Head and I am the present of Huckdoll Inc. Following the success of our Ed Veisturs and Tori Allen dolls we are looking to come out with a bendable cyber climber. Are you interested in modelling for the character?

thumbs_up.gif

what does the present do?

confused.gifhahaha.gifrockband.gif

jumps out of b-day cake naked i beileve

glassgowkiss said:

dfa- is your head up your ass again? are the fumes gettin' you high? simple- if you want to call yourself a champion you have to compete in the largest format of the comps- simple and the end of story. she didn't win world cup, no world championship either, bouldering, difficulty or speed! if she does- then she earns the title. maybe she is US champion, but calling herself world is way too much

Perhaps it is you with the cranio-rectal insertion problem, apparently compounded by the vapors from last night's Barge Cement enema?

Just click on THIS LINK RIGHT HERE and examine the page for the couplet "world champion". Let the Doctor know when you find it, OK?

Oh, wait, you're not going to find it, because it doesn't fucking say "world champion climber". Oops! Kind of rough to drag the lass through the bog for something she didn't say, eh mate?

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Just click on THIS LINK RIGHT HERE and examine the page for the couplet "world champion". Let the Doctor know when you find it, OK?

Oh, wait, you're not going to find it, because it doesn't fucking say "world champion climber". Oops! Kind of rough to drag the lass through the bog for something she didn't say, eh mate?

dfaka um it does say it in black lettering on the top yellow band of the front page. right below where it explains she climbs like a girl, a monkey girl.

and do you still want that sixer of nightwatch?

so champion of what? spray and marketing? what the fuck are you talking about? if you have a picture of yourself with a number from a comp and your hands are up and BIG fucking letters " champion climber"-

#1. you suggest you are a world champion (well at least the US??)

#2. you think everyone is brainless fuck and you intend to cash out on this fact.

the fact of the matter is i couldn't find her ranking anywhere in the top 50 climbers in ICC ratings or on 8a.nu. as the matter of fact there are several women from the US, who are ranked higher. why can't you understand such a simple fact.? one more time- champion of what?

Edited by glassgowkiss

Cool! Another spray war! She is a way strong climber. That we can agree on. Good for her. And she is cashing in on it. Fine. Others do the same. But marketing is not always marketing. Sharma, Nicole, Graham, all are extrememly talented climbers, but they are not marketed like Britney Spears. It's the MARKETING that turns me off, not Allen herself. The attitude behind the website/action figure/pink rope/etc makes me sick. Similarly, I can't stand Viesturs' marketing, either. The person gets lost in the media hype. Gross. thumbs_down.gif

glassgowkiss said:

so champion of what? spray and marketing? what the fuck are you talking about? if you have a picture of yourself with a number from a comp and your hands are up and BIG fucking letters " champion climber"-

#1. you suggest you are a world champion

#2. you think everyone is brainless fuck and you intend to cash out on this fact.

the fact of the matter is i couldn't find her ranking anywhere in the top 50 climbers in ICC ratings or on 8a.nu. as the matter of fact there are several women from the US, who are ranked higher. why can't you understand such a simple fact.?

DFA already explained, in fantastically simple terms, why it would be no stretch whatsoever to call oneself a "champion" after winning a shitload of comps, and how if you paid any attention to the climbing press, you'd know TA is mostly a comp climber and could thus easily extrapolate that she's a champion at comps.

Sure, she (or someone) is obviously hyping her(self), but it's pretty obvious she's not just making shit up. If you're gonna put a heading at the top of your web page, and you actually want people to read it and maybe, you know, be interested enough to look around a little more, it helps to be concise. So, "Tori Allen, a girl who wins X-Games speed-climbing comps, ABS bouldering comps, and other such events, but does not compete on the World Cup circuit or have an 8a.nu profile, could sort of be considered a champion at some things" is kind of an unwieldy thing, and doesn't really draw you in.

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

glassgowkiss said:

#1. you suggest you are a world champion

the fact of the matter is i couldn't find her ranking anywhere in the top 50 climbers in ICC ratings or on 8a.nu. as the matter of fact there are several women from the US, who are ranked higher. why can't you understand such a simple fact.?

DFA already explained, in fantastically simple terms, why it would be no stretch whatsoever to call oneself a "champion" after winning a shitload of comps, and how if you paid any attention to the climbing press, you'd know TA is mostly a comp climber and could thus easily extrapolate that she's a champion at comps.

Sure, she (or someone) is obviously hyping her(self), but it's pretty obvious she's not just making shit up. If you're gonna put a heading at the top of your web page, and you actually want people to read it and maybe, you know, be interested enough to look around a little more, it helps to be concise. So, "Tori Allen, a girl who wins X-Games speed-climbing comps, ABS bouldering comps, and other such events, but does not compete on the World Cup circuit or have an 8a.nu profile, could sort of be considered a champion at some things" is kind of an unwieldy thing, and doesn't really draw you in.

The other point to make is that SHE'S NOT OLD ENOUGH TO COMPETE ON THE WORLD CUP CIRCUIT yet...so raggin' on her is stupid

Dru said:

can I quote a PM here?

Hi Dru

thumbs_up.gif

You got a PM from dickhead!

goodness, here's a kid who works hard in school, competes at a national level in one sport and at an international level in another sport, writes a book, gives money to charity, seems like a genuine person and she uses her talents to make money, without compromising her education-- she still attends high school.

so, she calls herself an all around champion climber. ok, not accurate. and yes, her marketing campaign sounds a bit cheesy and may be exploiting her. but i think she's just having fun.

compared to the majority of teens out there she is a terrific role model. i hope she tones down the rhetoric, but otherwise more power to her.

now let's take on the real baddies out there that really exploit kids--tobacco co's, coke, nike, hollywood, drug dealers, mcD's, etc.

it's unbelievabee that you take a 15 year old so seriously, but say nothing about the awful, really harmful hype all around us. try teaching 30 highschool kids who breathe mtv!

i would really like to read her response to most of the inane comments people have made here.

how many people here make a positive difference in other people's lives in their jobs, volunteer with kids, etc? i think torri has most of beat by a country mile and she's only 15.

cracked said:

Cool! Another spray war! She is a way strong climber. That we can agree on. Good for her. And she is cashing in on it. Fine. Others do the same. But marketing is not always marketing. Sharma, Nicole, Graham, all are extrememly talented climbers, but they are not marketed like Britney Spears. It's the MARKETING that turns me off, not Allen herself. The attitude behind the website/action figure/pink rope/etc makes me sick. Similarly, I can't stand Viesturs' marketing, either. The person gets lost in the media hype. Gross. thumbs_down.gif

Yup. There are kids out there cranking hard who aren't pimping themselves out, marketing themselves like Britney and misrepresenting themselves with flashing "All around champion climber" across the top of their website. Ed Viesturs style of marketing I can accept. Expedition climbing requires a ton of money...more so than week long cragging trips on your summer break.

Dru said:

can I quote a PM here?

Hi Dru

I don't know about you guys, but if I were a kid, I think I'd kinda be SCARED by the "Dru Doll"...

frown.gifcry.giffrown.gifcry.giffrown.gifcry.giffrown.gifcry.giffrown.gifcry.giffrown.gif

2591dru_doll.jpg

jefffski said:

i would really like to read her response to most of the inane comments people have made here. ...

Umm... You guys are, like, so suck. I, like, am really into climbing and ,like, stuff, and you guys are, like, picking on me and stuff! Like, OH MY GOD, just chill!