This is stupid...'bout as stupid as it gets...

RuMR

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

ChrisT said:

adventuregal said:

the possabiloity exsits that they are 'stage parents'

most likely... rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

more power to the whole family then. I'm sure they wouldn't even be in it if they didn't want to...

I totaly disagree Chris There are laws about child labor for a reason. We bring our children into the world to love them, not so they will pony up and pay our bills.

well I'm sure they are not pointing a gun to her head and telling her "climb or you're dead!"

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totaly disagree Chris There are laws about child labor for a reason. We bring our children into the world to love them, not so they will pony up and pay our bills.

whatever dude. my parents made me work like a dog, i am looking forward to doing the same.

ChrisT said:

ChrisT said:

adventuregal said:

more power to the whole family then. I'm sure they wouldn't even be in it if they didn't want to...

well I'm sure they are not pointing a gun to her head and telling her "climb or you're dead!"

you never know wink.gif have you ever read the biography of Judy Garland???

ChrisT said:

ChrisT said:

adventuregal said:

Muffy it's 2003 - not 1933!

ChrisT said:

ChrisT said:

ChrisT said:

adventuregal said:

Muffy it's 2003 - not 1933!

and that means that evil does not exist?? I am just saying it is possible... the truth come out in the wash wink.gif it always does. I hope that She is loving what she is doing and that her folks are stashing the cash for her so that she never has to work a day in her life at a crummy job she hate laugh.gif

erik said:

whatever dude. my parents made me work like a dog, i am looking forward to doing the same.

damn it! i hate to agree w/erik madgo_ron.gif

i always had a ton of work to do around the house. and in order to support my personal hobby of choice as a teen i had a job from the time i was 13.

i don't think there's anything wrong with this girl making money from climbing even at this age. if her parents are pushing her to climb if she doesn't want to....that's different. there is nothing wrong w/a teen having a job.

EDIT: I think a discussion of over commercialization of children is an interesting and important topic, but it's not easy to steer the topic back to RuMr's original direction because of the absurd negativity that has developed on this thread:

You know what... I keep hearing this CRAZY sheeit? Dig:

When a team wins the WORLD SERIES they are crowned WORLD CHAMPION, but noone else in the world gets a chance to play for th title. OUTRAGE! madgo_ron.gif

Or the SUPERBOWL WINNER is crowned WORLD CHAMPION, and nobody in the CFL gets to contend it!

Is this what this website has come to. Insulting a 15 year old girl for having the audacity to make a claim that was bestowed upon her by an accepted competition league.

She's not even around to defend herself. Weren't people whining about the same thing over in the D D D DWHINER thread. Get a grip childrens.

Edited by E-rock

E-rock said:

When a team wins the WORLD SERIES they are crowned WORLD CHAMPION, but noone else in the world gets a chance to play for th title. OUTRAGE! madgo_ron.gif

Or the SUPERBOWL WINNER is crowned WORLD CHAMPION, and nobody in the CFL gets to contend it!

Is this what this website has come to. Insulting a 15 year old girl for having the audacity to make a claim that bestowed upon her by and accepted competition league.

She's not even around to defend herself. Weren't people whining about the same thing over in the D D D DWHINER thread. Get a grip childrens.

thumbs_up.gifrockband.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

yup!

E-rock said:

Is this what this website has come to. Insulting a 15 year old girl for having the audacity to make a claim that bestowed upon her by and accepted competition league.

She's probably got an internet connection. And the 5th grade aint THAT hard (except for math). So, she hasn't been excluded from getting online and defending herself. yellaf.gif

E-rock...

My whole point of posting it had nothing to do w/ the "world champion" thing...the girl totally kicks ass at climbing...there is no denying it...she is also an absolutely incredible athlete even disregarding climbing (ie. her pole vaulting exploits) would most likely be extremely competitive in any sport she followed...

The real point of posting for me, was the rank capitilization and marketing that is going on w/ climbing (My term is "TEAM REI")...seems a very far cry from climbing's roots...and i have an extremely hard time envisioning climbers dirtbagging at camp 4 w/ one of those dolls hanging in their tents...but hey, everyone's gotta make a buck or two, so why not go down this avenue...

yeah, but when you put yourself out on a medium such as the internet with a claim like that, what do you expect?? It'd be one thing if she didn't say she was the "all-around climbing champion" (and I would think that by definition, champion is a single person, group, or entity), however, by stating that she says she's better than any other person out there.

E-rock and others,

Don't spank RuMR for what I brought up. I brought up the All-Around World Champion slugfest after I clicked on her site.

As I said earlier in this thread, Sure, she may be a great sport climber and plastic jugger, but nothing she's done qualifies her to be called/call herself/allow herself to be called an "all-around" world champion, all-around being the key phrase here. I think her sponsors have some 'splaning to do. wave.gif

RuMR said:

E-rock...

My whole point of posting it had nothing to do w/ the "world champion" thing...the girl totally kicks ass at climbing...there is no denying it...she is also an absolutely incredible athlete even disregarding climbing (ie. her pole vaulting exploits) would most likely be extremely competitive in any sport she followed...

The real point of posting for me, was the rank capitilization and marketing that is going on w/ climbing (My term is "TEAM REI")...seems a very far cry from climbing's roots...and i have an extremely hard time envisioning climbers dirtbagging at camp 4 w/ one of those dolls hanging in their tents...but hey, everyone's gotta make a buck or two, so why not go down this avenue...

Sorry Ruedi, I planned to make a disclaimer in my post and got lazy. I knew what your point was, and I do not disagree with it. I'm disagreeing with the direction that certain overly negative and insecure posters have taken the thread.

I think that a discussion about the overt commercialization of childhood stardom is important because it often ruins lives. But a trash-athon that includes a post insulting how ATTRACTIVE a 15 YEAR OLD GIRL is, crosses a line, don't you think?

Ursa_Eagle said:

yeah, but when you put yourself out on a medium such as the internet with a claim like that, what do you expect?? It'd be one thing if she didn't say she was the "all-around climbing champion" (and I would think that by definition, champion is a single person, group, or entity), however, by stating that she says she's better than any other person out there.

Then send her a polite email. Christ in this day and age you can email the fucking PRESIDENT.

actually the title World Champions and the World Series. Came from the original newspaper that sponsered the original event and not the fact that they claim to be the world champions.

and e-rock i dont think the super bowl winners are deemed the world champions.

yelrotflmao.gif