Who Climbed What This Weekend?

fern

I climbed White Lightning, Memorial Crack, The Squamish Buttress and Talking Crack. It was a quality adventure to the top of the Chief with no crowds anywhere except the summit. White Lightning has some kickyourpants runout, but otherwise pretty doable for the grade I thought. Talking Crack was trickier than I expected.

If you took photos why not post them to this thread and share?: my favorite this weekend photo (share) part 2

also why not enjoy these kwal TRs?:

erikae at tieton ,

does Dru ever climb things that we have actually heard of before? ,

more Chief dome rockin'

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I climbed into and out of a kayak a few times. One of my climbing partners (pictured below) and I and the UW Kayak Club did a mellow tour around the Deception Pass area.

1826asbaker-med.jpg

We bigdrink.gif and hahaha.gif and went paddling in the dark and tripped out on the bioluminescence. It was so intense! No moon, very little light pollution, calm water! WOW!

Very mushsmile.gif

Fun Sunday at Index with Dan, who hadn't been on granite all summer cry.gif. We did the first part of Aries (fist and finger cracks) up through the little groove to the upper part of Pisces and the top of GNS. Next was Roger's Corner and Breakfast of Champions (woohoo!). We were dried up like raisins by then, so we retreated to the shade (one of the best features of Index, IMHO) to gape and snack for a while. We finished off the day with Princely Ambitions and I finally got to lead that second pitch, where I sprained my ankle this past winter. There was a big pool full of spawning salmon in the river across from the parking lot, but they didn't look tasty, so we had a bigdrink.gif and cheeburga_ron.gif at the diner in Gold Bar while the traffic inched down Highway 2. Great day! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

vegetablebelay said:

Alpinfox said:

p.s. Can you spot the photoshop-edited spot in the picture above?

He had his name duct-taped to his hat and you erased it? tongue.gif

yellaf.gif

Nope. Here is the original...

1826asorca-med.jpg

See the difference? I thought the Orca just distracted from the scene, so I deleted it.

Crackbolter said:

Alpinfox said:

Bottom right. The date was probably accidentally left on so you deleted it. Stamp tool.

Actually it was the tip of my kayak.

Alpinfox said:

vegetablebelay said:

Alpinfox said:

He had his name duct-taped to his hat and you erased it? tongue.gif

yellaf.gif

Nope. Here is the original...

1826asorca-med.jpg

See the difference? I thought the Orca just distracted from the scene, so I deleted it.

Crackbolter said:

Alpinfox said:

Bottom right. The date was probably accidentally left on so you deleted it. Stamp tool.

Actually it was the tip of my kayak.

Show the original.