make quotes, get busted

Beck

one of the moderators must have a stalinist approach to intelligence on this site, Y.M.A.S.S.

I quote Royal Robbins on a post about bolts, and i get chopped.

I quote groucho marx about horses ass, and it gets erased by moderators.

what is this site, run by anti intellectuals like stalin or pol pot? can't handle intelligent posts?

and when Lao Tzu talked about mountains....

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

one of the moderators must have a stalinist approach to intelligence on this site, Y.M.A.S.S.

what is this site, run by anti intellectuals like stalin or pol pot? can't handle intelligent posts?

So, if I quote you, will I get busted? the_finger.gif

Life is tough when you're a cc.com martyr. fruit.gif

Speaking of busted, did anyone read the article of the pot bust in Snohomish county? 1750 plants and all valued at $1000/plant. Now I've grown pot(Matanuska Thunder Fuck) and danm good shit too. But I'll tell ya, they were never worth 1000 bucks a plant. I guess this is what the cops and DA dream up if they want to screw people. The article said all the arrested people had no priors. Go figure...must be some BIG cop or Da that wants to make a name for themselves.

Pot bust snares 6 alleged growers

By Diana Hefley

Herald Writer

SNOHOMISH COUNTY -- Officers arrested six people in connection with a marijuana-growing operation Wednesday and seized 1,750 high-quality pot plants worth about $1.75 million.

The Snohomish Regional Drug Task Force raided six houses in Snohomish County and one in King County. The task force seized nearly $200,000 and 19 vehicles, thought to be profits from selling the marijuana.

During the 17-hour bust, detectives uncovered sophisticated indoor growing operations at each of the residences, detective Sgt. Jim Duffy said.

"These were well-tended, excellent plants," Duffy said. "These were some of the best operations we've ever seen."

The growers came under investigation more than a year ago when detectives received a tip about the indoor operations. The men and women who were arrested had their own setups, but it appeared they had been working together and using the same sophisticated methods, he said.

The suspects were booked into Snohomish County Jail, but have since posted bail.

The growers, in their 20s and 30s, did not have criminal histories, Duffy said.

Because of the size of the growing operations, the task force will push for federal charges against the growers, he said.

The task force bagged the marijuana, which will be dried and stored until criminal hearings. It then will be destroyed.

Snohomish County sheriff's deputies, Everett and Marysville police, agents from the Drug Enforcement Administration and U.S. Customs, and members of the South County Drug Task Force aided in the serving of search warrants.

This bust comes on the heels of a recent outdoor sting that turned up about 250 marijuana plants.

funny thing is down the block there was probly a meth lab that the cops took there donut break at, i'll be glad if and when the stop bustin people for pot and go for the real drugs, problem is people make a shit load more money off em and pot is a easy out to make the police look like there doing somthing.

trask said:

My SWAT buddy absolutely hates doing traffic and mundane police work. He lives for the dangerous shit and dangerous people. He says it makes his day when some dirtbag swings on him, because he can then wail the shit out of guy. He says it makes up for all the scum the courts let go.

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifthumbs_up.gif

Its not the quotes Beck, it's that the content is stupid and irrelevant, at least with regards to your muddled reference (no actual quote involved) about Robbins chopping some bolts and then deciding to stop. What the 33 year old Wall of Early Morning Light partial route erasure has to do with the question of bolt protected free climable cracks in Washington escapes me. Still, its nice to know the editing bugs you.

Beck said:

Welcome to naziville. It's been heating up like this for a few weeks. They want to make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy inside so that non majority opinions expressed are chopped and deemed "personal attacks" or even better something like "not respectful to others".

Have a nice day! Where is Harry Pi??!!

Off_White said:

Its not the quotes Beck, it's that the content is stupid and irrelevant, at least with regards to your muddled reference (no actual quote involved) about Robbins chopping some bolts and then deciding to stop. What the 33 year old Wall of Early Morning Light partial route erasure has to do with the question of bolt protected free climable cracks in Washington escapes me.

I'm not Beck, but I would guess the relevance of this quote would be because it is a famous example of someone who was an outspoken opponent of bolts who had his mind changed by the character of a bolted climb.

I didn't follow all those multipage bolt spews very closely so I don't know from which exact discussion the offending RR quote was cut, but wouldn't that quote be relevant to those discussions where people are saying that noone is going to change their minds about bolts so why discuss it?

Al_Pine said:

Off_White said:

Its not the quotes Beck, it's that the content is stupid and irrelevant, at least with regards to your muddled reference (no actual quote involved) about Robbins chopping some bolts and then deciding to stop. What the 33 year old Wall of Early Morning Light partial route erasure has to do with the question of bolt protected free climable cracks in Washington escapes me.

I'm not Beck, but I would guess the relevance of this quote would be because it is a famous example of someone who was an outspoken opponent of bolts who had his mind changed by the character of a bolted climb.

I didn't follow all those multipage bolt spews very closely so I don't know from which exact discussion the offending RR quote was cut, but wouldn't that quote be relevant to those discussions where people are saying that noone is going to change their minds about bolts so why discuss it?

It's already been deemed "off subject" rolleyes.gif

So much for discussion and thought.. wave.gif

exactly caveman. That was my point, exactly. but deleted by a "moderator" who knows 'editing your posts bugs you' and then laughed about by Jon, makes me none to confident in the "moderating" ability of this website....

and as to weight to climbers in the NW, this is the PLAB, its the ONLY SITE ON THE WEB! climbers can bitch slap to their hearts content, people who may not even climb, like Marylou or trask or myself?!?

huh? not climb? doesn't climb WELL. always off route in the fourth class unprotectible choss pile, looking at my partners, saying 'Well, maybe the face route was a better idea" cantfocus.gif

sorry, marylou, how can we ever forget about the mighty marylou?

you are an example of a vociferous cc.com poster who doesn't really climb, girl... did you break your mirror? have you looked at yourself?

I don't claim to be a hard man, but have been tying in since 1978.