latest books read

lummox

i finished 'seabiscuit'. its okay. not great. just okay. but what a horse.

i also read this chick book. fukin a did i ever get duped at the book store. though perhaps i shoulda paid mre attention to the pink colored cover. it was 'the monk downstairs'. the sex stuf was good. thumbs_up.gif

anybody got other books to recommned. ones that come out recently.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lummox said:

i finished 'seabiscuit'. its okay. not great. just okay. but what a horse.

i also read this chick book. fukin a did i ever get duped at the book store. though perhaps i shoulda paid mre attention to the pink colored cover. it was 'the monk downstairs'. the sex stuf was good. thumbs_up.gif

anybody got other books to recommned. ones that come out recently.

Recently finished this too. Pretty good story - gotta give a hand to the author for dealing with her chronic illness and researching and writing. Still plowing through "Snakes: The Evolution of Mystery in Nature" by Harry Green - almost my Phd prof at UC Berkley.

that sounds pretty shitty, dru!

why not step up to breton, or lateral over to tristan tzara? (but i do like jarry!)

I've just read,

"it's not how good you are, it's how good you want to be,"

"the paradox box" shambala press

"the writers legal guide"

and reread Roald Dahls' "kiss Kiss"

or, outdoor books?

"on ice and snow and rock" by gaston rebauffat and "high adventure" by bob and ira spring....great pictures!

lummox said:

... i done read the whole works of victoria secret.

I just look at the pictures. yellaf.gifwave.gif

BTW, "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson. The times that coffee spurted out of my nose or I laughed out loud are too numerous to count. Simply fuckin' hilarious book! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

"a walk in the woods" was pretty funny, indeed...

bryson's tales of amateur thru hiking on the apalatian trail is a rib tickler.

in "High Adventure" there are pictures of people, they're all climbing in wool or cotton, without a belay device in sight! They're all doing the dulfsitz manuever and wearing triconis!

there's even a picture of young louis whittaker-

man, did bob and ira have some hottie wives! Norma and patrica, i salute you for putting up with some real dirtbags!

Beck said:

that sounds pretty shitty, dru!

why not step up to breton, or lateral over to tristan tzara? (but i do like jarry!)

listen up you pseudo-intellectual I have read everything Breton ever wrote IN THE ORIGINAL FRENCH already boxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gif

I am reading in reverse chron. order

But I still can't find the Cantos of Maldoror in original anywhere cry.giftongue.gif

Someone posted a few weeks ago that they were reading a book on the partition of India and Pakistan. What was that book title and was it any good? Looking for something on the subject. Thanks.

Currently reading the first Lord of the Rings book and the "Tao of Pooh"