family and friends

minx

so my mom decides to come over this evening. b/c of this i decide to forgo a trip to little si and climb a bit of rock closer to home. mom arrives before i do. i come strolling in looking like one does after a little bit of climbing and i happen to have a small cut on my knee which is bleeding a bit.

this all leads my mother to proclaim that " you must be loonier than a shithouse mouse" (quite a statement from her since she doesn't swear often)

so i'm wondering what other really bright things people's friends and family say about climbing.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dru said:

what does your mom think about the fact your avatar picture is of two bunnies fucking? smirk.gif

is that what they're doing? i had no idea i thought they were just hugging tongue.gifcantfocus.gif

my mother is usually mortified by my life but oh well! how does yours feel about your dancing hello kitty? hellno3d.gif

minx said:

Dru said:

what does your mom think about the fact your avatar picture is of two bunnies fucking? smirk.gif

is that what they're doing? i had no idea i thought they were just hugging tongue.gifcantfocus.gif

my mother is usually mortified by my life but oh well! how does yours feel about your dancing hello kitty? hellno3d.gif

both of his dads approve...

minx said:

Dru said:

EVERYONE loves Hello Kitty!

it says so right here

My parents are actualy very understanding. Mom has spent more than 1/2 of her life on the back of dads Harley, a risk activity in it's own way. I don't ask about what they do, or the details of accedents that they know about in their sphere, and they don't want to know much about what I do. They know I am happy and healthy, and that if I leave this life doing what I love, it is my choice.

Dru said:

minx said:

Dru said:

EVERYONE loves Hello Kitty!

it says so right here

I LOVE ALPINE KITTY cool.gif

My parents, after many years, have finally gotten used to the fact that I will continue to climb, young family or no. They still live in VA, so we don't talk about it much anymore.

However, when winter rolls around, they still get all stressed out over my ice climbing. Rightly so, I guess... rolleyes.gif

I love showing my mom pictures of me sleeping on my portaledge, completely scares the shit out of her. the_finger.gif

Basically, she understands that I climb, and I am safe, and she tries not to think about it, even though I climb all the time... My dad, well he just laughs and enjoys it all.

rr666 said:

I love showing my mom pictures of me sleeping on my portaledge, completely scares the shit out of her. the_finger.gif

yellaf.gif Yeah, I once e-mailed my mom a pic of me on lead. I was asked to "never, ever send pictures like that again..." yellaf.gifyellaf.gif It wasn't even runout, I was 10' from the belay.

Fence_Sitter said:

minx said:

Dru said:

both of his dads approve...

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

My parents think it's pretty cool and put up pics I send to them in frames in the living room. Took Dad on a tour of the crags last year when I was in Yos. He loved it.

They actually think it's safer for me to be out rock climbing than slogging up some volcano or peak at altitude. I guess both have risks but I'm more sketched about rock climbing sometimes.

Funny this thread popped up today. My sister finally woke up to the fact that I'm climbing and she sorta freaked. Actually, she didn't freak, but she gives me the classic, "OMFG, that's so dangerous, you be very careful, yada yada yada." I mean, the last thing I want is to go sailing over a cliff with an ice tool impaled in my chest. I'm careful already, jeesh rolleyes.gif