JGowans

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

kitten said:

So we are back to the 'why' question....

cantfocus.gifcantfocus.gifcantfocus.gif

You can find all the answers in one place! wave.gif

again in my opinion questions are universal...answers are personal. What works for one person, may not work for another. Lets keep our minds open, shall we?

Here we go again. rolleyes.gif I have to say my mind is wide open. grin.gif

Open the the truth, new opportunities, and many more possibilities. Even friendships smirk.gif I happen to believe in something more strongly than others - but it doesn't mean I don't share similiar interests or turn my head to thier ideas. wazzup.gif

kitten said:

kitten said:

again in my opinion questions are universal...answers are personal. What works for one person, may not work for another. Lets keep our minds open, shall we?

Open the the truth, new opportunities, and many more possibilities. Even friendships smirk.gif I happen to believe in something more strongly than others - but it doesn't mean I don't share similiar interests or turn my head to thier ideas. wazzup.gif

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

kitten said:

kitten said:

Perhaps not more strongly kitten, perhaps just a diffrent lable or title or name for it. My faith is very stong cool.gif but my faith is my own. I don't need others to believe how I beileve. grin.gif

kitten said:

When you feel stongly about something - is it not something you would want to share? smirk.gif I don't push my faith on anyone, but I express it freely. fruit.gif

It is mine - it is personal - it is a gift. wave.gif

I am more than willing to talk about what I believe, but I do not expect others to share my beliefs, but to think for themselves and figure out what they believe. grin.gif It is hard for another to pray at the church of shellyisum wink.gif

wud you 3 shuddup already, this sounds alot like the convo my potthead buddys were haveing in the backof a van the other day.

we will be rich dude! ya man, if we cin only find someone to buy the cigarette butts and recycle them we'll be richer then bill gates!

I am more than willing to talk about what I believe, but I do not expect others to share my beliefs, but to think for themselves and figure out what they believe.

For all the non-believers out there, I say thank you! If I have one more Baptist, Mormon or Four Square try to convert me, I'm going to kill someone. I swear.

Discussion = good. Conversion = bad.

kitten said:

But forgiveness and love are selfless acts. If you can do these two things after being hurt - it is selfless. Only when there are no expectations attached.

I may regret bringing this back up, but what the hell. Again, I will say that the definition of 'selfless' and 'selfish' have been bastardized; mainly by mainstream religion. What is the 'self'? It is your essence, your mind, your spirit; those unique things that make up YOU. To be selfless would be to deny those things. True 'selflessness' is denial of your mind and a betrayal of that which makes up your set of ideals and precepts. If it is within your person to be forgiving, that is not selfless, it is selfish; defining 'selfish' as being true to yourself and your ideals. In your example, regardless of expectations, one stands to gain, or hopes to gain, some benefit from their action of forgiveness. Yes? Therefore, forgiveness is a selfish act. There is nothing wrong with selfishness when defined this way. 'Society' (another dubiously bastardized word) has taken it's own meaning of 'selfish' and preached the evils of living for yourself instead of some ethereal 'greater good' of all people.

trask said:

blah blah blah blah blah blah ad nauseum barf

And, how does that make you feel, Trask? Mhm, hmmmm; very good...yes...does that bother you? Mhmmm...hmmmm. Really. And how would you respond to that?....Yes, it's okay to cry....

Greg_W said:

trask said:

blah blah blah blah blah blah ad nauseum barf

And, how does that make you feel, Trask? Mhm, hmmmm; very good...yes...does that bother you? Mhmmm...hmmmm. Really. And how would you respond to that?....Yes, it's okay to cry....

hahahahaha he's out lookin' for a goat...why you ask? Dunno...just what trask does...