Fuck Walmart

allthumbs

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JGowans said:

Come to pub club, buy me beers, and we can debate until the wee small hours, or until I pass out.

I'd come if the thread was more informative. As in... what time shall I be there?

As for debate, I hate debating. Don't have the energy, time, or intellect for it. This topic is one of the few exceptions.

Kiwi said:

JGowans said:

Come to pub club, buy me beers, and we can debate until the wee small hours, or until I pass out.

I'd come if the thread was more informative. As in... what time shall I be there?

As for debate, I hate debating. Don't have the energy, time, or intellect for it. This topic is one of the few exceptions.

come sit on my lap

marylou said:

Well, for one thing, we don't have a national language here....and for another, we've always welcomed immigrants with fairly open arms. In fact most of us descended from immigrants who may or may not have spoken English as their first language (mine didn't), it's just that we've been here longer than others.

PS. Walmart is icky.

We don't? Ya sure? I thought this was a key sticking point a few years ago with Puerto Rico. They did not want to change their national language to English, thus there was no chance of them becoming the 51st state. Also, yeah sure there have been millions of immigrants welcomed to the US over the last several hundred years, but there is that thing that says you have to be able to read, speak, and understand the English language to become a citizen. So in that case...use it!!! It pisses me off to no end that I have to choose to use English on the phone or computers and stuff like that. I mean what the hell, really? You like Spanish so much, then go back where everyone speaks it. You like to eat and the beauty of capitalism, then speaky the language.

I hope I am not sounding French now.

Edited by n98947

Walmart can do anything they want--so long as it is legal. Good for them to try to make more money by catering to the Spanish speaking people.

I guess I have a problem when it comes the government. Government can't do everything, and if I expected the government to be more service orientated, then I would have to pay more taxes for that service.

Anything sold in Canada MUST have items labeled in both English and French (don't quote me on this). I wonder if you learn more French that way.

Stefan said:

Anything sold in Canada MUST have items labeled in both English and French (don't quote me on this). I wonder if you learn more French that way.

Yeah, I heard that too. And French must be more prominent.

Don't quote me on this, but I heard all Canadians are required to take French and English in school. Then depending on how pro-French the province is, you can choose to continue it in HS. dunno.gif Could be talking out of me arse--again.

rbw1966 said:

There is a vietnamese language radio station in Portland?

You guys are bigots who must not have traveled outside of the US. Those espanol speakers you whine about are often-times picking your food at sub-standard wages living in sub-standard conditions. If all you have to do is push one little extra button on an ATM or credit card reader you are priviliged indeed.

Try going to Poland or Slovakia or somewhere where few people speak english and you might learn a bit of tolerance.

Whiners.

moon.gif

haha i lived in russia, lithuania...i learned the fucking language... in fact...i can speak 5 languages enough to shop and speak 4 of them regularly... i still think the fuckers ned to get their shit together... the_finger.gif its not fucking hard! it really isn't... especially when you are in the country and hear it all the time...

Trask I agree with you completely. All the people I know including relatives that have moved here and those that visit here speak English. They take great pride in being able to do that.

When I was in Sweden's rural areas many of the people did not want to speak English with me because they felt their English skills were not good enough so I spoke with them using my poor Swedish. This broke the ice and we had a ball conversing with one another.

Nope I believe that everyone should know English if they want a green card and be able to pass a written and spoken test showing they are proficient in the use of the language. If not go back to where they came from.

Fence_Sitter said:haha i lived in russia, lithuania...i learned the fucking language... in fact...i can speak 5 languages enough to shop and speak 4 of them regularly... i still think the fuckers ned to get their shit together... the_finger.gif its not fucking hard! it really isn't... especially when you are in the country and hear it all the time...

So you're saying you speak those five languages as badly as the folks people on here are complaining about their command of english?

I don't even need to post an opinion, folks like Gowans, Glassgowkiss, Dan Peterson, and AlpineK have already said it eloquently enough for me. thumbs_up.gif

sisu_suomi said:

Nope I believe that everyone should know English if they want a green card and be able to pass a written and spoken test showing they are proficient in the use of the language. If not go back to where they came from.

I'm not suggesting they not live here, or they either learn the language or leave; just suggesting they speak English rather well, or stay the fuck off the telephone as receptionists. What's difficult about that concept?

sisu_suomi said:

Trask I agree with you completely. All the people I know including relatives that have moved here and those that visit here speak English. They take great pride in being able to do that.

When I was in Sweden's rural areas many of the people did not want to speak English with me because they felt their English skills were not good enough so I spoke with them using my poor Swedish. This broke the ice and we had a ball conversing with one another.

all i can say to this: FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING CUNT

just for once put yourself into their shoes. first of all we are talking about migrant workers. they don't live in this country. they work their balls off 12 to 18 hours a day. try to sit in the classroom after a day like that and see how much english can you learn before you fall asleep. majority of latinos who live in the us speak english and quite well. why don't you start complaining about non-english signs in chinatown in sf? what about italian stores in nj and ny? on this token fuck us soldiers and their families in germany- german only. madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif fuck all- ban all the ball caps in europe. and fat american asrseholes. madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmoon.gifmoon.gif

actually this post pissed me off so much i'll add some more venom spew. why don't we kick all the fucking mcdonalds, bugar-fucking kings, starbucks back to the us out of europe. why don't european countries stop buying hormon staurated gm food produced in the us? why don't we bring visas back? and charge $100 wether you're granted en entry or not (so called processing fee). people in this country are so "worldly" that in WA state 90% did't know who the president of Mexico is. 75% didn't know who prime minister of canada is!!!!in the same survey 60% said toronto was the capitol of canada!

so suomi, how many counties did you actually live in? i don't mean visit, i mean live. boxing_smiley.gif

now you're on my shitlist

Edited by glassgowkiss