What books are you reading?

EWolfe

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cpt.Caveman said:

Beckey Volumes 1,2,3. Is there really anything else worth reading?

That's what I like aboot Cavey... He and I are one-dimensional and a lot alike. Cavey reads Becky - trask reads Hustler - Cavey has big balls - trask has big balls - what's not to like?

• 2 weeks later...
ChrisT said:

"Drinking: A love story"? Great book. CK recently died of lung cancer. Well I guess it's been a year now...

yea. drinking. inspired me to put the bottle aside. no shit. too bad sobriety is novel for me.

augustens dry was similarly shocking, but better written. for a gay dude hes pretty cool. running with scissors was just shocking.

"Barren Lands" by Kevin Krajick. thumbs_up.gif An excellent read about discovering diamonds in the Canadian Arctic. A good bit of the book is really interesting stuff on the history of diamond prospecting in general, including the whole DeBeers travesty. I could hardly put this book down.

Just started readiing Simonson's "Ghosts of Everest" this past weekend. Picked it up at our fundraiser last week.

If y'all are interested, we practically filled the entire lower floor of the Capitol Theater (seats ~800 on the lower floor), and cleared over $8000 in ticket sales alone. Still calc'ing underwriter's contributions and figuring out teh expenses, but we did WAAAY better than we ever hoped we could.

Another tidbit: our truck broke down Tuesday on our way to the Mt. Adams mission. Burnt up the clutch going up to Satus Pass. WE SURE DO NEED A NEW TRUCK!! madgo_ron.gif

Finished off Edward Abbey "A Fool's Progress," which I take to be largely autobiographical, although it is a fictional novel. Pretty interesting read. I'm most of the way thru "Summit Fever" now, enjoying that. A bumbly's perspective on a expedition to the Karakoram.