This Just Past Weekend

Dru

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday my partner bailed on me so I hiked up Mount Si with my dog Scout. Ran into Bill aka "To The Top." In spite of the fact that his girl friend was visiting from Sweden shocked.gif" border="0 he stopped to say hi. Scout sniffed lots of butts-- sorry Bronco, but a dog's gotta do what a dog's gotta do. Butt sniffin' and high steppin'. I laughed at all the dorks wearing plastic mountaineering boots.

Sunday I went climbing at Tieton. It was cold, but not too cold. It was cloudy on the east side of Rainer, but sunny and clear on the west side-- I couldn't figure it out. Shouldn't the east side be in the mountain's rain shadow? We didn't see another soul rock climbing, but the gun shots echoed throughout the canyon. I think I saw a Blue Heron. Does anyone know if there are Blue Herons in the Tieton River Valley?

[big Drink]

It's ironic we poke fun at people who are under prepared (see sweatshirt torches) or over prepared like plastic boots on Mt. Si (was it JERRY SANCHEZ?). rolleyes.gif" border="0 I had to laugh when I read your post though. Maybe they are training for Denali.

The dogs at the Index Town wall were about to be sufficiently crushed by big rocks when they ran away. mad.gif" border="0 I would have skinned them and had them roasting over a fire by the time the owners got there had they not eluded me. I have a dog at HOME where it belongs. Of course I live on a couple acres and my dog gets all the exercise she wants so easy for me to say.

Whoever the bare chested Vantage climber is, that's only acceptable if: 1) You're right by the parking lot or a road or 2) if there's hot chicks nearby.

Went for a bike ride Sat., slept in too late to head for the mountains. Ended up at the beach at Picnic Point, beautiful day. Sun. went up to Mt. Pugh, things got kinda ugly, icy, spindrift blowing around, thin powder on top of ice or steep heather, not much good for kick stepping. Gained the ridgeline above Stujack Pass and decided there was no way in hell I was gonna top out, so I headed down. Had the place to myself, 'cept for the pikas. Anybody know if those little guys retire to their dens once the snow really starts flying? I know they're not true hibernators, but you wouldn't expect to see one cruising around in several feet of snow in January or February or something.

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: nolanr ]

I did what I've been doing the last month or two. Spent the nights guarding Grand Coulee Dam from terrorists. Since I was up all night and the weather was clear, the Leonids were quite spectacular. Looking forward to coming home after two months here.

No sign of Banks Lake ice, not nearly cold enough. Just rain today.

Get some climbin in for me...g

Worked 12 hours Friday and Saturday painting someone else's house and installing a brick walkway at their pad to pay for a recent rope purchase. Way lame. Will hopefully redeem myself with multiple days out next weekend.

Kudos to max for the multiple ascents of classic routes in RMNP. Way to go - let me know what All Mixed Up is looking like these days if you get the chance.

Tex, you glob of straw-chewin' hick-poop. You gave away the proper spelling of my SN, now everyone will know that I am a small pebble caught up in a mass of igneous rock.

So yes, Tex (who is really a fat, ugly girl) and I went to the cold side of Hood. It was nine (yes 9) degrees F when we left Cloud Cap and after having a few altercations with the wind (Tex grabbed my pack to keep me from blowing away) and wondering why my legs were noodles, I went back down to sleep. Today, I have all the symptoms of a flu I tried to kick last week back again. So that's my excuse; I'm going to remedy it by climbing the standard route on Washington on Friday.

Flame on beyotches!

quote:

Originally posted by Lambone:
It looked like those falls along the trail were about to come in if it gets any colder up there! I was suprised that any ice had formed on them.

We were back in the area on Sunday for more skiing. The falls alongside the trail had noticeably more ice on them than even the day before. And higher up around the morainey-cliffy area where people camp, there were several spots of water ice - probably top-ropeable if you could find an anchor.

Climbed at M&M Wall and Powerhouse wall at Vantage. Took a buddy from work out for his first day ever outside - He's been going to to the gym once a week for the past month and a half or so . . ..

An auspicious beginning for this guy: He'd never lead or lead belayed before. He tried to lead everything he got on; managed to onsight everything except one. On that one, he took his falls like a man cool.gif" border="0 but finally accepted a top rope, where he was able to do the route no falls. He also caught my ass quite nicely a few times. [Wazzup]

Nice to see people adapt to outdoors so well. . .

The weather was great, during one spot, was actually warm enought to climb w/o a shirt. grin.gif" border="0

I take back what I said about dogs lastnight. Aparently dog karma caught up with me as I had a garage covered in dog puke to clean up when I got home. My dog thinks it's funny to eat some decaying ear of corn out of our compost pile and barf it up in our garage. *@#$%!! Maybe she wants to go climbing.

I am tenantivly planning to go shoot up some black tar heroin in the outhouse at the Index/Lake Serene trail head this weekend. The muir hut is too far.

Max-Re your funny contrails...well you're lucky to still be talking about it...no really...the contrails are reputed to be from the new super secret snoopy spy plane that our guvment now uses called the Aurora...How quaint that you'd see the Aurora in Colorado...First was noticed by commericial airline pilots, and then Popular Mech did some next gen spy plane stuff and let the cat out of the bag to the mainstream...of course the whacko types who hang outside Area 51 had been crowing for awhile about it...

You wouldnt think that our wonderful guvment would retire thier best spy plane without a replacement? Hell no...

The ring shaped contrails are said to be formed from the scram/ram type propuslsion that the Aurora uses to propel to WAY crazy fast...

OK, there's a conspiracy being exposed here on cascadechestbeaters (not the first one either). First, Strickland and I are brought down by a guvmint bioweapon from Texas. Junior Bush is from Texas and he made his brother have sex with that ugly Harris woman and got hisself into the whitehouse. Now there is the sighting of this Aurora flying around making rings and stuff. See the connection? The CIA are flying this plane around dropping agents like Tex who befriend Northwesterners and then infect us with the flu.

shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0