CC.Com Book Club

Dru

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last three good books I've read have been "Sweets" by Tim Richardson, "Close Range" by Annie Proulx, and "Gould's Book of Fish" by Richard Flanagan. I read instead of doing TV time, so I go through a lot of books.

I'm still waiting on the book store to get me a copy of "Loaded" by Sabbag; It's been 7 weeks already. madgo_ron.gif

Multi-tasking:

"Harry Potter and the Sorcorer's Stone" (wife and I take turns reading it to each other at bedtime)

Collected Jack London Short Stories

H.P. Lovecraft "Nightmares and Dreamscapes"

"On the shoulder's of Gaints" edited by S. Hawkings

table of contents of "The Structure of Evolutionary Biology" S.J. Gould

and finally,

"A Gentleman's Guide to Modern Physics" Ottto H. Theimer

snoboy said:

Nothing.

I just finished _Fierce Inavalids Home From Hot Climates_ by Tom Robbins though.

Good and rascally. smile.gif Strangely current.

Tom Robbins RULES

I am currently reading the fountainhead- Ayn Rand

I'm reading two... the first for personal knowledge, and the second for entertainment...

1.) Modern man in surch of a soul, by C.C. Jung

2.) The Yosemite, by John Muir

both good stuff, but I like books that most don't too... the later is very desriptive, great visuliztions...

I am bogged down in "Nekropolis" by Maureen McHugh. About half way through. Will finish it when unemployed with more time to waste.

Just finished rereading "The Picts and the Martyrs" by Arthur Ransome.

Bathroom reading is the new Alpinist and the March/April issue of American Scientist. Two good complementary pieces on how flu pandemics originate, and growing antibiotic resistance. shocked.gifshocked.gif

Dru said:

I am bogged down in "Nekropolis" by Maureen McHugh. About half way through. Will finish it when unemployed with more time to waste.

Just finished rereading "The Picts and the Martyrs" by Arthur Ransome.

Bathroom reading is the new Alpinist and the March/April issue of American Scientist. Two good complementary pieces on how flu pandemics originate, and growing antibiotic resistance. shocked.gifshocked.gif

scary stuff antibiotic resistance is although it isn't relevant to a flu outbreak.

i found it interesting that so many new variants of the influenza virus start in asia. (Before anybody hollers about me being a racist...there's no such motivation in my statement. Just an interesting phenomena!)