thursday night pub club or krawl?

gapertimmy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom-

I too live in the neighborhood, as does ChucK. Wedgewood Broiler might be OK, but the one time I went in there (a thursday night, not a tuesday night) it was pretty crowded and my impression was that there were only small tables and no large ones. 'Might have to cruise by on a tuesday night to check it out.

There is a smaller place, more of a tavern, accross the street. I forget the name just now, but on this same rekon outing I went in there and the owner was quite friendly to the idea of our bringing a group in there. It, too, deserves another look.

We have in the past been to Fiddler's Inn a couple of times, but don't get a certain unnamed individual started on how the owner is a pig and going there is as good as supporting Saddam Hussein.

Wedgewood Alehouse is the place. They have a marquee that says something about best hot roast beef sandwhiches or something. I went in there once, and it was low key and dark, with a mostly younger clientele. I bet it would be just fine ...er I mean PERFECT for Pub Club. bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Oh yeah, and despite the "Alehouse" moniker it is definitely not ferny.

Spankerman was the one that pointed me at the Broiler in the first place. I agree with his assessment that it is a worthy drinking establishment. They served us real drinks and it is a REAL BAR; also the staff was friendly and it seemed to be the kind of place where you might talk to other patrons without being thought some kind of freak. It was not smokey on that occasion but I bet it has potential to be.

I believe it is the Wedgewood Alehouse that I was referring to which on brief inspection seemed more like most of the places that we meet and it had a younger crowd and was more beer than booze oriented, and there were tables designed for groups of at least six I think. It was not smokey on that occasion, and it also had a separate room where they serve food, like pizza or something, with a separate entrance. There were a bunch of families in there -- like with kids -- and NO smoke. It might accomodate a mix of older and younger (sub-21) climbers.

So I'm confused ... the two threads that are currently active regarding pub crawls/clubs .. are they both discussing the same day (Thursday)? Or is this some sort of "pub club madness" week [if you will] on which both Tuesday and Thursday we'll be drinking in two separate places? bigdrink.gifconfused.gifbigdrink.gif

Alpen-

I believe there is likely to be the same Tuesday get-together as always, and it sounds like Dexter Hayes or that place over by Montlake, and that in honor of Tim's coming to town there will be a second event on Tursday. Now maybe we should start talking about Wednesday??

Guess I'll check city search next time. Nothin showed up in Yahoo. But then I spelled ale house as one word. Stupid search engines... Someone else needs to call a start time so Tim knows when to show up. I can't be there until 8:30 and figure you'll want to start drinking earlier than that. bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Here's the info:

Wedgewood Ale House & Cafe

8515 35th Avenue N.E., Seattle

Phone: (206) 527-2676