Warning for Lillooet Desperados

Cpt.Caveman

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would only call an accedited guide a guide.

Plenty of "non accreditted" guides are capable and sometimes more capable than the others. Call who you want whatever you want.

If I charged folks to get guided up ingalls peak I guess I would be a guide if I was capable. What would you call it? A thief a ripoff or something else I suppose smirk.gif

I think JY and J.Nelson were "non acreditted guides" for years and were definitely more capable than many folks guiding with credentials today... .... .... .... cantfocus.gif

They could be gladiators on the lake by Marble Canyon. The losers could become fish bait for the ice fisherman.

As for the accreditation statement, who knows. At my old ski school, the best skiiers were ones that couldn't afford, or didn't bother or care about getting certified. The "accredited" instructors were much better at "but kissing" their clinicians. The Euro Clinicians flunking Stevie Haston comes to mind?

frankly, i wish some of the so called guides, instructors, etc from some of our local organizations as well as their students and/or members would keep their comments to themselves when they encounter other people. At very least it would be nice if they were taught some ettiquette by their leaders.

I recently encountered one such group on a well groomed trail. i wasn't carrying the 9 million essentials in fact i was carrying precious little as i was running. I had to stop to weave my way through about 25 people only to have several, including the leader, comment on my lack of gear and my safety. I wasn't headed anywhere off the trail. I wasn't putting myself at risk but they felt the need to butt in. grrrrrrrrr!

frankly, i wish some of the so called guides, instructors, etc from some of our local organizations as well as their students and/or members would keep their comments to themselves when they encounter other people. At very least it would be nice if they were taught some ettiquette by their leaders.

I recently encountered one such group on a well groomed trail. i wasn't carrying the 9 million essentials in fact i was carrying precious little as i was running. I had to stop to weave my way through about 25 people only to have several, including the leader, comment on my lack of gear and my safety. I wasn't headed anywhere off the trail. I wasn't putting myself at risk but they felt the need to butt in. grrrrrrrrr!

Face it, you are a menace to yourself and others. Don't deny it.

yes, i may be a menace to myself and others, but i am not a danger to myself or others.

admit it, you'd have been irritated too. i was going for a run on a well travelled trail, not a climb of anything.

yes, i may be a menace to myself and others, but i am not a danger to myself or others.

admit it, you'd have been irritated too. i was going for a run on a well travelled trail, not a climb of anything.

maybe I just don't get back country enough, but honestly I have never had that happen on all of my sunday hiking. granted I usaualy go alone on over hiked over populated trails...either that or Eugene just doesn't have the strong "mountaier" presaence that the Seatle area has.

that's the point...this was a heavily used trail. in the back country i would've been carrying a fair bit more gear. i was not jeopardizing myself or them.

i know which group this was. they have a large presence in the area. i've run into them often up here. obviously, a large group will take up the trail. It'd be nice if they'd try and make room for faster parties and not leave gear strewn about. the remarks were out of line for the situation. it's the cummulation of small things that's led to my distaste. manners people! it's not that hard

that's the point...this was a heavily used trail. in the back country i would've been carrying a fair bit more gear. i was not jeopardizing myself or them.

i know which group this was. they have a large presence in the area. i've run into them often up here. obviously, a large group will take up the trail. It'd be nice if they'd try and make room for faster parties and not leave gear strewn about. the remarks were out of line for the situation. it's the cummulation of small things that's led to my distaste. manners people! it's not that hard

here we go agreeing again wink.gif you should come hike here with me. People (if you see any) leave you alone grin.gif

minx,

I've found that excessive salivating, cursing inappropriately, and screaming "Get off me!" while writhing in an attempt to scratch my back keeps people from talking to me on the trail. Try it sometime.

yelrotflmao.gif

I wonder if I doused myself with a whole bottle of DEET it would have the same effect?

In all seriousness, I try to say at least "hi" to everyone I see on the trail. It's funny to see people who think they are are hard look you back in the eye and not say "hi" back- Usually seven summits types training on West Tiger or Si. bigdrink.gif