What happened to this place anyway?

allthumbs

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, pope. Here's one for ya. Of all the sport climbers, if you first took away all the ones that don't do alpine because they can't afford the gear, and if you approached ten and offerred to be their mentor and show them how to climb alpine, how many would take you up on the offer?

That can't all be pussies, or can they? Hell, I like to sport climb myself, but I only consider it "practice" or a "workout".

You saying there's something wrong if someone doesn't want to be around people much? I do just fine without human contact for long periods of time. I hunt and fish some, work, have fun with my kids and am at peace with myself. I don't have some woman bitching at me and blame no one but myself for my failures. Can you say the same, Dr. Seuss?

I missed this one yesterday. Trask, you know when the last real knockdown was? It was the "I've Been Humbled" thread...and I distinctly remember you consoling the poster and telling her to ignore what sounded like good advice from some people who were apparently in the know. So you have some ownership in the new Kinder, Gentler tone of the board. You helped steer it!hahaha.gifmadgo_ron.gifhahaha.gif

(I do have to acknowledge that I believe you were providing solace to her based on the leggy personal photo, so your motives were at least unwavering.)

Alpine climbing is cold, miserable, and will kill you with falling detritus or man-eating crevasses. If a full rack, ice tools, action suit, etc. cost less than a block of Frank Endo, DFA would still be happily clipping bolts and lazing about in the sunshine. Climbing is fun as hell, but you can keep your objective danger, thanks.