Gun Control

kevbone

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both sides lie, but, with the GOP, its ALL lies. When you're agenda is Kristian government, subjugation of women, bigotry against immigrants, blacks, and gays, and anti-democratic concentration of wealth and power, that's what you gotta do to stay in the game.

Baitnswitchbaitnswitchbaitnswitchbaitnswitch.

Oh, and don't forget to target the dumb and angry.

Both sides lie, but, with the GOP, its ALL lies. When you're agenda is Kristian government, subjugation of women, bigotry against immigrants, blacks, and gays, and anti-democratic concentration of wealth and power, that's what you gotta do to stay in the game.

Baitnswitchbaitnswitchbaitnswitchbaitnswitch.

Oh, and don't forget to target the dumb and angry.

I have a hard time accepting that even you are dumb enough actually believe the claptrap yer spewin' Pat. It's said that you have lies, and then you have damned lies. I see what they mean. That's almost as ignorant of a statement as those who say that ALL democrats are tax and spend liberals.

please

profiles_LiberalPlaybook_4124_515214.jpeg

Kevbone and others are bizarre. I've lived in a metropolitan area for year and occasionally walk around, "scary," downtown at night. At no time has a lack of firearms made me feel scared.

Being aware of surroundings you're in, their history and observant of what's going on now is the best form of defense.

Edited by Feck

The only reason Seatteites avoid alleys is because they tend to smell like a urinal.

Actually, a huge percentage of shootings are domestic violence, suicide, and accident.

It is true that random shootings, where the folks don't know each other, are rare.

The naivete and arrogance of 'responsible gun owners' is a bit of a laugh. Really? Think your kids can't outsmart or disobey you behind your back when it comes to getting at and playing with your guns?

"Oh, no, not MY kids."

The most active miscreant in my high school was the Sheriff's son LOL

A whole of 'responsible gun owners' occasionally wave a firearm around the house during arguments with their spouses, too. Alcohol tends to bring out this kind of tough love.

Life is tough, but its a lot tougher when your tiny penis doesn't get the respect and attention it feels that it deserves. Tougher for the other person, anyway - right up until the day they (hopefully) get the fuck out of a bad situation.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Kevbone and others are bizarre. I've lived in a metropolitan area for year and occasionally walk around, "scary," downtown at night. At no time has a lack of firearms made me feel scared.

Being aware of surroundings your in, their history and observant of what's going on now is the best form of defense.

The farther away you live from Seattle, the more opinions you've got on the place. I buddy of mine used to rant and rave about Seattle. He lived in Goldbar LOL.

Got meth?

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Actually, a huge percentage of shootings are domestic violence, suicide, and accident.

It is true that random shootings, where the folks don't know each other, are rare.

Depends on how you define rare. In certain areas of Seattle and surrounding King County "random" violent assaults are not rare at all. I could indeed understand why law-abiding citizens who frequents such areas may want to protect themselves with a firearm.

I see all kinds of folks around town, gangstas and wannabe ganstas being well represented but not really pervasive. Given how popular gansta wear is, there's no reason to be afraid of what really amounts to a bunch of harmless teenagers. I'd say angry white trash is a far bigger threat as far as random violence is concerned, and they usually self identify pretty quickly. Plus - you'll get far more of that action in small towns in WA than downtown, where you might get a response to your 911 call about a day later, rather than 2 or 3 minutes.

There are certainly things that make me pucker - big heavy falling things being close to top of the list, but people who look different from me aren't one of them.

I understand this primal fear of other tribes, but with sufficient exposure its pretty easily overcome. There isn't a single neighborhood in this town I wouldn't walk around any time I wanted. Like Feck said, it's more about situation awareness than blanket fear.

That's one lesson living in a city teaches you, I guess.

Depends on how you define rare. In certain areas of Seattle and surrounding King County "random" violent assaults are not rare at all. I could indeed understand why law-abiding citizens who frequents such areas may want to protect themselves with a firearm.

Prove it.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

A whole of 'responsible gun owners' occasionally wave a firearm around the house during arguments with their spouses, too. Alcohol tends to bring out this kind of tough love.

Thats like saying a whole lot of reefer addicts are serial masterbaters and sex offenders.

Prove it.

Perhaps you should ride along with a police unit or fire dept. aid unit for a handful of nights in White Center, Belltown, or Rainier Valley, etc. and you may be suprised at the amount of random violence that occurs out there. Of course, lots of DV and alcohol related crime too.

Folks don't know each other? Not gang related?

Prove it.

The cops I've talked to, and that has been a few at this point, indicate domestic violence seems to be the bane of their existence. My bro, formerly head of the public defenders office of Humbolt Cty, indicates that cases between folks who have no previous association (random) are a very low percentage. National studies indicate the same. It makes sense, if you think about it for a nanosecond or so.

But it's the 'random violence' fear, mostly a myth, that keeps the paranoids packin'.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I'm not going to scour the internet for statistics to back up my personal experiences working in public safety.

But, yes, most violence in my experience involves ETOH and DV.

Sounds like we're in violent agreement.

No worries, I don't get off on being right nearly all the time.

It's just something I've learned to live with.

All just part of rolling my little dung ball down the Milky Way until a bat comes along and picks me off.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Kevbone and others are bizarre.

Please explain.

Bonehead Post:

If you are for gun control, then you are not against guns, because the guns will be needed to disarm people. So it’s not that you are anti-gun. You’ll need the police’s guns to take away other people’s guns. So you’re very Pro-Gun, you just believe that only the Government (which is, of course, so reliable, honest, moral and virtuous…) should be allowed to have guns. There is no such thing as gun control. There is only centralizing gun ownership in the hands of a small, political elite and their minions.