phuck yeah!

Lambone

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STOP NO THERE WAS ONLY ONE GREATFUL DEAD>>>> MAKE IT ALL GO AWAY I CAN NOT BEAR THE FLASH BACKS WITH OUT JERRY [Eek!][Eek!][Eek!][Eek!] Lammy a little warning would have been nice. It will now take me the rest of the day to myslef back together (snif) [Frown][Wink]

People who think Phish is just another Gratefull Dead don't know shit about either band. Just because smelly people who smoke lots of dope and follow them around doesn't make their music the same.

Hopefully the band lost some of the "fans" who were just in it for the dugs and cheap burritos after the last 2 year break.

Say what you will, Phish kicks ass and I'm freakin stoaked. I just hope they don't forget about the west coast when the next tour comes around.

[ 08-21-2002, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Lambone ]

OMG dru, I never would have pegged you for a Bee Gees fan [laf][laf][laf][laf]

ouch [laf][laf] I am now wiping the tear from my eye

btw, it's "I can tell by the way you move your walk your a womans man no time to talk" I only know this because of MY MOTHER..... it's all her fault [Wink]

[ 08-21-2002, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: sk ]

iain,

have you ever even heard a good Trey jam? Apparently not. Even if their music is not to their liking, you gotta admit the dude is a master on the fretboard. And heaven forbid anyone should ever try anything new musically and have fun while they're at it. Go back to your Glen Miller albums.

Boy case in point! Your "master of the fretboard" has skill but that doesn't mean the music doesn't always have a stupid polka beat, tedious interludes, and sound like some kind of pirates on the high seas soundtrack. I've been to a few of their shows and listened to more than my share of Mr. Anastasio. He sounds the same every f'ing time and it gets boring. I didn't say he was bad, I just don't see that group as the geniuses that many deem them to be, and they are certainly not worth tooling around the country for. The guys are probably pretty cool, but probably pretty full of themselves now w/ all this blind worship bullshit.

I don't follow them around the country or deam them geniouses, but there's something to be said for having fun and trying different things (if you think its all tedious interludes and polka beats you're not listening very closely). Fishman farting? No thanks. The fans are quite critical. There's been plenty of crap for sure, and it simply falls off the rotation. Ahhh, whatever. Face it Iain, you just don't like dirty hippies. [Roll Eyes][big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

Agreed DFA. Ready for some new tunes at PRG. You probably tear it up at that place. Me, I'm pretty weak on the boulder stuff. Having a good time though.

Thanks for the kind assessment of the Doctor's abilities. Careful, though; you might get run off of this board for being nice to DFA! DFA's been trying pretty hard for a fair number of years, but he ain't all that strong of a boulderer either. Rather be hangdogging something! But the good time, as you mention, is key, so screw it.

Speaking of tearing it up, Lisa Rands was down there last night, and [Eek!] Yikes! That is one strong woman. The Doctor always thought V6 was pretty hard. Apparently it's not that hard when you can lock off at your knee and casually make static reaches where most people would have to deadpoint. Sickening and very motivating.

comming from an (ex) hippi herself I'm with iain. I think phish are boring, and except for a few exceptional songs, I was never have never been a huge dead fan AT ALL! I would much rather listen to niel young, or big brother and the holding company. There is a wide veritety of music out there for a reason.

As a side note... pulled plastic last night [Eek!] and was pleasently suprised when we asked the gym guy to change the techno yuck to something a bit more agressive and he did [Razz] Have you PDX complainers tried such a thing [Wink]