phuck yeah!

Lambone

Law Goddess,

Well, for studio stuff my fav is "Junta," cause I like the classics, more complex musicaly and less "popy" then more recent stuff.

Personaly I only really like listening to the live stuff on a regular basis. If you want just a single disc, "Slip,Stitch, and Pass" is sweet. Or Denver from '97 from their latest live releases (3 discs for 25$)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by sexual chocolate:

Do you really think that lets 'em off the hook?

No, but the fact that they play kickass punk rock does, and the fact that they don't actually suck makes the whole thing moot.

Plus, how can you go wrong with a band that loves to get loaded doing a lounge jazz cover of 'Straight Edge' complete with Satchmo-style vocals?

[rockband]

And I'd be more likely to play the Residents than Phish, anyway. Don't get me wrong, Phish are cool and all, but I never quite bonded with them. The Residents are WAY COOL!

One of my favorite crag time recordings lately has come from Frank Zappa: My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Momma.

[ 10-08-2002, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: mattp ]

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

how did this thread come back alive? make it stop
[Roll Eyes]

[laf][laf] Cuz the Lawgoddess asked for recommendations! Though I'm thanking her, because without the revival I'd have missed Dwanyer's pic of the Captain and Tennille.

And for SK and the rest questioning what did the hippies ever achieve (and they are strictly a historical category, mostly all thats left are wannabes), I do think they shifted the center of what is socially acceptable. Thats a good thing, whether you're a right wing gun nut or a white boy rasta. They cracked the 50's dress code (which extended well into the late 60's), helped bring your beloved chronic into mass acceptance (though I confess I'm stunned it's more illegal now than it was when I was in my 20's), and delivered classic rock songs to autombile ads before they faded into the swelling mass of faceless boomers worried about getting more than their share.

quote:

Originally posted by sexual chocolate:

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

quote:

Originally posted by thelawgoddess:

hey, if i could only buy one album, which one should it be?
[Confused][smile]

The Residents' "13th Anniversary Show Live in Japan"

And in Seattle they will be, in less than a month.

WHERE AND WHEN????? I saw em in Vancouver a year ago and they ROCKED!! Les Claypool came along and played all the Snakefinger guitar lines while wearing a Residents costume [big Grin][big Grin][big Grin]

Speaking of dreads, the Doctor has gotten a good laugh a couple of times lately on his way home from work, as he has passed a rather white and scruffy looking kid rockin' the dreads and driving ... a brand new Land Rover with leather interior [laf] ! You always hear the term "trustafarian," but how often do you actually get to see a combo like that? Priceless.

and which phucking phish album was he playing or was he rolling the digi-dat fob's from some phat new year's run? [laf]

I just ran by a black spotless range rover/tiny housewife combo in lake oswego the other day. she pulls up and three scruffy urchins dressed in raggedy jeans w/ chains hop out with their skateboards. [laf]

[ 10-09-2002, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: iain ]

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

and which phucking phish album was he playing or was he rolling the digi-dat fob's from some phat new year's run?
[laf]

I just ran by a black spotless range rover/tiny housewife combo in lake oswego the other day. she pulls up and three scruffy urchins dressed in raggedy jeans w/ chains hop out with their skateboards.
[laf]

[Roll Eyes] whatever

judging a band by it's fans is like judging a book by it's cover

there are plenty of "Tusticlimbingbums" out there as well, take Conrad Anchor for example...