Naughty Bolters!

Peter_Puget

Last weekend, a new line was bolted somewhere in Washington. The pitch is 100’ long, and has eight bolts and one gear placement below the anchors. It is more that fifteen feet from any other route. The route was climbed by two climbers, several times each, before the bolt placements were finalized. The bolts were placed in accordance with local area ethics, and no bolt was placed near a protectable feature. The area is not a sacrifical chosspile.

With all of the hoo-hah and anti-bolting rhetoric we see on this board, did these bolters do something that might warrant a visit from the Bolt Police? If not, then why? If so, then why?

Poptart has a strong suspicion the Bolt Police may be anti- bad bolting, not simply anti-bolting.

I have to go get in the toaster now. Talk among yourselves.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how about this:

WHO FUCKING CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PATHETIC ATTEMPT AT A TROLL

POPTARTS TASTE LIKE SHIT ARE FILLED WITH SHIT AND ARE OVER PRICED FOR BEING SHIT.

Its a nice route! I've done the one to the right of it and "we" looked at the one to the left of it. The new one is much BETTER than the left one( I haad nothing to do with the new route so don't think I am taking credit for this find new route:D

[ 07-22-2002, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: sisu suomi ]

Poptart was being entirely serious in the post that started the thread. Sometimes there's so much hot air around here about bolting that it feels like the inside of a toaster. The thread started in Spray to save the moderators from having to move it to Spray, where most anti-bolt threads end up anyway.

Now some pastry puts up a serious question about bolting and all of the anti-bolt spraylords clam up. What's up with that?

I guess no one really cares, considering we don't know anything about the climb you are talking about. Like where it is, and what the traditonal ethics of the area are.

If you wanted to start some spray, you should have just told us about the route. It's too sunny out to argue about bolts. Everyone is climbing in the mountains now! Cheers [big Drink][smile][Cool]

[ 07-22-2002, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: Lambone ]