Greatest shredder of all time.

kevbone

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Vai's greatest commercial success came when he caught Coldplay ripping him off. Sure he's a good guitarist but he sucks otherwise, just being able to play the guitar isn't enough to make great music.

I had a friend in highschool who was an aspiring musician and would play his stuff all the time and say "listen to this, can you believe how good he is..." I didn't have the heart to tell him how awful Steve Vai was to anyone who wasn't trying to learn to play the guitar.

I agree with most of what you say, but this thread is about who is the greatest shredder of all time. Pure shredding....not pure passion. It is rare to get shredding with passion, but it does happen. Thanks for posting.

You may as well title this thread "which almost famous guitarist sucks the the least" because "shredders" are generally band nerds that graduated from an instrument like the clarinet to a guitar and only play for other band nerds.

There's a helluva lot more to playing a guitar than playing fast.

Agreed but this is the "greatest shredder" thread. Simply put, who is the most technically proficient guitarist today or ever. Not who has the most feel. I dont think Paul Gilbert plays with the most feel nor is his music my favorite. But he is the best shredder of all time IMO.

Today we lost one of my all time favorites. RIP Gary Moore.

A sad day for sure.

I agree with most of what you say, but this thread is about who is the greatest shredder of all time. Pure shredding....not pure passion. It is rare to get shredding with passion, but it does happen. Thanks for posting.

You may as well title this thread "which almost famous guitarist sucks the the least" because "shredders" are generally band nerds that graduated from an instrument like the clarinet to a guitar and only play for other band nerds.

Your clarinet teacher gave your lesson money back, eh?

Edited by cynicalwoodsman