Drift Police/Civility Coaches

pope

Thought it might be appropriate to give official titles to the sprayers most proficient in admonishing those of us who drift "off-thread" and engage in uncivil exchanges. I just love being reminded about the climbing "community" and how my behavior on this site can impact its condition.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We touched on this topic a bit ago here:

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001763

Posting makes this whole site work and when you read a post and it brings up a question or observation you may have, you should post. Many times the question or observation isn't quite on topic and results in a natural drift in the thread. No harm done and in my mind this is far better than not posting at all.

cool.gif" border="0

[ 03-12-2002: Message edited by: vegetablebelay ]

Did anybody watch Fear Factor last night? The host ate a huge cockroach!!! Chewed him up and swallowed the whole thing. I think that takes more balls than anything anybody here could climb, 'cause you're all a bunch of wussies! DIE YOU SCUM!!! ...unless, of course, you can eat cockroaches. shocked.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Jman:
Did anybody watch Fear Factor last night? The host ate a huge cockroach!!! Chewed him up and swallowed the whole thing. I think that takes more balls than anything anybody here could climb, 'cause you're all a bunch of wussies! DIE YOU SCUM!!! ...unless, of course, you can eat cockroaches.
shocked.gif" border="0

The host was just trying to be cool so he could take home one of those hot celebrity contestants. grin.gif" border="0

OK, I was driving to work today down Roosevelt and there's this guy whipping back and forth between lanes, looks to be in a big hurry. You know what I mean. So there's this open lane right in front of me at the stop light (I love that grin.gif" border="0 ) but this Mr. Hurry cuts over quick and darts in front of me. I think, "no problem, these hurried guys always take off like a shot at the light. It's not like I'll be waiting long." Then, whaddaya know, when the light turns green, Mr. Hurry is now working on something else and TOTALLY blow the start! I guess this guy is one of those people who always need to be doing like at least two things at once as it's not good enough to just concentrate on the job at hand. Sorta like my 4 year old son.

Whadda you think of that!? [big Drink]

quote:

Originally posted by vegetablebelay:

The host was just trying to be cool so he could take home one of those hot celebrity contestants.
grin.gif" border="0

What, you thought Stephen Baldwin or that geek from In-Sync was hot?! shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0 I'm not sure the host would have gone for 'em. grin.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by chucK:
OK, I was driving to work today down Roosevelt and there's this guy whipping back and forth between lanes, looks to be in a big hurry.
[big Drink]

Hey, has anybody had the XM Sattelite radio installed in their car? I'm thinking it would be great to hear commercial free music on the drive to the hills.

tongue.gif" border="0

quote:

OK, I was driving to work today down Roosevelt and there's this guy whipping back and forth between lanes, looks to be in a big hurry. You know what I mean. So there's this open lane right in front of me at the stop light (I love that
grin.gif" border="0
) but this Mr. Hurry cuts over quick and darts in front of me. I think, "no problem, these hurried guys always take off like a shot at the light. It's not like I'll be waiting long." Then, whaddaya know, when the light turns green, Mr. Hurry is now working on something else and TOTALLY blow the start! I guess this guy is one of those people who always need to be doing like at least two things at once as it's not good enough to just concentrate on the job at hand. Sorta like my 4 year old son.

Whadda you think of that!?
[big Drink]

You should've done like my wife does: jump out of the car and stomp up to their window cussing them out. Scared the snot out of one dude. (mind you she's only about 5'4" and about 125 lbs.) It was pretty funny to watch, though.

quote:

Originally posted by Jman:

You should've done like my wife does: jump out of the car and stomp up to their window cussing them out. Scared the snot out of one dude. (mind you she's only about 5'4" and about 125 lbs.) It was pretty funny to watch, though.

Yea right...great idea. Anyone pulls the window confrontation on me and they'll be lookin' down the barrell of my .45

I shit you not mad.gif" border="0

If you pull it, use it. A fine enforcer of good manners I once knew pulled a gun on a guy that was driving eratically and the guy ran him off the road, jumped on his hood,and started screaming at him to "shoot you pussy bastard. Shoot!" Then he kicked in the windsheild and stomped all over the hood and told him to stuff that little pop gun up his ars.

As Henry Fonda once said to Jimmy Stewart, "Never pull a gun on a man you don't fully intend to kill." [geek]

quote:

Originally posted by trask:
Yea right...great idea. Anyone pulls the window confrontation on me and they'll be lookin' down the barrell of my .45

I shit you not
mad.gif" border="0

And you'd be staring down the barrel of my baseball bat, and it don't run out of bullets!

quote:

OK, I was driving to work today down Roosevelt and there's this guy whipping back and forth between lanes, looks to be in a big hurry. You know what I mean. So there's this open lane right in front of me at the stop light (I love that
grin.gif" border="0
) but this Mr. Hurry cuts over quick and darts in front of me. I think, "no problem, these hurried guys always take off like a shot at the light. It's not like I'll be waiting long." Then, whaddaya know, when the light turns green, Mr. Hurry is now working on something else and TOTALLY blow the start! I guess this guy is one of those people who always need to be doing like at least two things at once as it's not good enough to just concentrate on the job at hand. Sorta like my 4 year old son.

Whadda you think of that!?
[big Drink]

sorry chucK, I got a phone call and lost concentration, then I saw trask waving his can of beer (colt 45) around and forgot where I was. But I was in front of you!! [Wazzup]

quote:

Originally posted by trask:

I shit you not
mad.gif" border="0

Sounds like my wife has bigger balls than you. Any scared, insecure wussy can hide behind a gun - not hard to do - takes a lot more to actually pull the trigger (good point, Bug). Not to mention you got some serious anger issues to even consider murder just because someone yelled at you. Grow up! mad.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Charlie:

Oh now that's just bullshit! Nothing pisses me off more than a confrontational woman. Everybody knows you can't hit a girl- I wonder how funny it would have been if the dude decked her? Then you'd have to get out and fight the dude. You wouldn't be lauphing if you're woman's loud mouth left you getting your ass kicked!!!?

Once again, I must state you've got to be pretty insecure to pick a fight, pull a gun/bat, whatever with a girl (or even a guy) who yells at you for doing something stupid in traffic. [hell no] As you said, no one's gonna hit her - if he did, I probably still wouldn't do anything. Be serious and think about it - what kind of lawsuit do think could be filed on someone who decked a small woman for yelling at him?She's can certainly hold her own, and based on what the dude was driving I sincerely doubted he would ever step out of his safety zone in that car (and to think how much I could have sued him for if he did... heh heh heh).As far as "confrontational" is concerned: if you do dumb (and/or illegal) things around others expect to be contronted with it, whether it be female or not. tongue.gif" border="0

If all the crazy horn-honking jumping-out-of-their-car traffic-nazi yelling idiots would all just get shot by the hide-behind-their-big-gun trash idiots, then the former idiots would all be dead and the latter idiots would all be in jail (or some of 'em anyway) and the streets would be a better place! mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0[big Drink]

quote:

Horseshoes rules!!!! Getting all drunk, flinging around heavy pieces of iron is the BESTThe big problem with climbing as a leisure sport is that you often need to use two hands and it's tough to keep track of your beer.
[big Drink]

Isn't that how no-hands boulder problems originated?

Trask vs. Jman's wife-- who's your money on?

According to Charlie's Rules of Engagement Trask can't shoot her, so my money's on the woman. Trask is probably fat from drinking Colt .45s and sitting in front of his computer 24/7. You haven't got a chance, buddy!

Bug, our cascadeclimber seer hath fortold a beating, the beating of Trask. Jman's wife will spare the life of Trask only if he bends down to the ground and eats a cockroach-- thus proving he has balls bigger than anyone here or at the very least shows his willingness to do almost anything to sleep with a woman. What will you do Trask? Don't fool yourself, put that gun away!

This all brings us back to Pope's initial comment, that there is no climbing community and the way we treat each other on this site proves it. Or does it? We can't even talk about getting together for a beer without spraying all over each other, yet some people are getting together, inspite of our human nature to fight and resist socialization. We are climbers, well not you Trask, but most of us, and climbers are innately independent thinking and acting. We don't like reaching concensus.

BTW--The last time I played boche ball I was on the island of Nantucket, of the coast of Cape Cod, MA which by the way reminds me of a limeric . . . I once knew a man from Nantucket . . .

quote:

Horseshoes rules!!!! Getting all drunk, flinging around heavy pieces of iron is the BEST!!!
icon14.gif[big Drink]

There is a great bar in Walla Walla called the Green Lantern where you can get a bucket of beers and throw horse shoes. If you're ever passing through it's worth a look. It's amazing the damage a drunk guy with some horse shoes can do!!! [big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

quote:

This all brings us back to Pope's initial comment, that there is no climbing community and the way we treat each other on this site proves it. Or does it? We can't even talk about getting together for a beer without spraying all over each other, yet some people are getting together, inspite of our human nature to fight and resist socialization.

Gesellschaft in german translates loosely as "community". The key root wrod is "schaft" which is "team".

I have seen plenty of teamwork on the cc.com site;albeit a happy and slightly dysfunctional "community"- so fuck off