Drift Police/Civility Coaches

pope

quote:

Originally posted by slothrop:
Oh man, this kind of shit happens to me all the time. I think about carring my ice axe with me and so I can sink it deep into the asshole's trunk as he blazes by me, thus inflicting righteous punishment and giving me a free joyride.

Man I shouldn't be saying this but whateva. I've had several instances when i've gone completely ballistic on people. Normally I'm a very nice, patient person, I ride very safely and I thank people for waiting for me, but when I've been on the bike for 3 hours and am soaking wet and freezing cold some people shit just doesn't fly. I'm know to throw waterbottles, bang on peoples windows telling then to pull over so I can beat the shit out of them, chasing cars for 20 blocks following them home, and hitting peoples side mirrors. People in Bellevue are by far the worst, I think Seattlites are used to the bikes. I've had way too many close calls in Bellevue, one resulting in me laying out my bike at 25 mph instead of going over a hood, man that road rash sucked. I had one guy yelling at me telling me I "wasn't a car", duh no shit? I think he was a little surprised I was able to do 30 mph uphill to the next light so I could verbally abuse him.

Besides that I'm a really nice person. grin.gif" border="0[big Drink]grin.gif" border="0

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by trask:
All I have to say is you biker dudes that go agro on strangers in cars and trucks are playin' with fire. Someday some dude will put a cap in your ass for scarin' the shit outta him. Be carefull you guys. There's a lot of seriously disturbed hombres out there these days.

So would that be more or less frightening than having 1/2 ton of steel tag you at 40 MPH?

quote:

Originally posted by trask:
All I have to say is you biker dudes that go agro on strangers in cars and trucks are playin' with fire. Someday some dude will put a cap in your ass for scarin' the shit outta him. Be carefull you guys. There's a lot of seriously disturbed hombres out there these days.

Trask you do have a good point. I rarely do what I mentioned above, there have only been like 50, 60, well maybe 70 instances grin.gif" border="0 . Just kidding. If it was some soccer mom yapping on her cell phone in her suburban I'm going to give her a piece of my mind, likelyhood of her putting a cap in my ass is pretty slim. Now it was some dude in a raised Bronco monster truck with Ranger stickers and a big banner about 9/11 saying "kill them all", wearing a cowboy hat and gargoyle sunglass there isn't a chance in hell I'd say anything. Yes I actually saw a dude like this.

My point is.....hey what is this thread about anyways.

quote:

Originally posted by jon:

If it was some soccer mom yapping on her cell phone in her suburban I'm going to give her a piece of my mind, likelyhood of her putting a cap in my ass is pretty slim.

Hey, that could be my wife! Do you make a habit out of picking on girls?

quote:

Now it was some dude in a raised Bronco monster truck with Ranger stickers and a big banner about 9/11 saying "kill them all", wearing a cowboy hat and gargoyle sunglass there isn't a chance in hell I'd say anything. Yes I was actually seeing a dude like this.

You tiger! So, what's it like dating a shit-heel? I'm guessing the two of you played a lot of rodeo games. [big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

this message is to all of oyu out there who have displayed anger or just been pissed while on the road...car, truck bike, horse...etc....

so what does your anger get you?? do you feel good after you have thrown a fit?? did your attitude or anger help make the situation better?? where you able to convey your message to the point of understanding as you screamed obscenitites?? did being soo pissed answer anything fo you?? make you safer??

i think the answer to above questions is no on all of them.....

granted there are many many many many horrible drivers out there and you, me and every other person who owns or operates a car is one of them too.......we all have momentary lapses in thinking or attention.....granted when you are on the recieving end of it, it always seems so much worse....but we are all guilty....

so next time you are cut off, someone inadvertantly swerves into your lane...or people just suck...just ask yourself do i want to feel like shit and have this person whom i don't know, whom i will probably ever come into contact with again be able to control my emotions and reactions?? i think not....be the bigger person and look beyond evil and just carry on with life....

before you attack me on this....remember that i am an insurance adjuster and work with familes whom have had loved ones killed..i investigate accidents where people have been dismembered...i look at vehicles where violence has damaged the vehicle.....i know what can happen when driving goes wrong....worked claims where pedestrians and bicyclists are killed or injured....it all sucks big time......but still regardless if you are not injured be the better person...

Well said, erik. That was kind of my point, too. The violence doesn't prove anything, nor does it make the situation better. I ain't gonna flip out if someone comes us yelling at me because I did something stupid. Nor should anyone else if they see my wife (she's not psycho, nor would she threaten with violence), she simply might lose her temper and yell at someone to think about what they just did. Probably humiliating at the most, but then again some people can't even take that.

Solution? Try thinking first about the other person and NOT DO THINGS THAT WOULD AGRIVATE THEM. And if you do, apologize. Simple? yes. Tough? not really. Does it work? everytime.

quote:

If it was some soccer mom yapping on her cell phone in her suburban I'm going to give her a piece of my mind, likelyhood of her putting a cap in my ass is pretty slim. Now it was some dude in a raised Bronco monster truck with Ranger stickers and a big banner about 9/11 saying "kill them all", wearing a cowboy hat and gargoyle sunglass there isn't a chance in hell I'd say anything.

This is why I adhere to Eric's live and let live policy. I'm too scared to scream at scary guys and I feel like a total weaselly worm bully if I only act out against those I perceive to be defenseless.

Plus, I hate it when those tough-guy boner junior traffic-law enforcers just add to the noise pollution by leaning on their horn for half a minute straight. I try not to emulate them.

OK, OK, but you know what I really hate mad.gif" border="0 ? It's those pedestrians or whomever with big sticks up their asses who establish their right of way in front of you and then totally milk their dominance by going reeeeeeelll slow and holding you up for as long as possible. I guess they are extending their moment of power from 5 to 10 seconds or something. They usually spit on the ground in front of you too. That irks me. But I don't honk at 'em, because you know why? I hate those tough-guy boner junior traffic-law enforcers who just add to the noise pollution by leaning on their horn for half a minute straight and... mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

So I noticed that those GU packets have 100% USRDA of vitamin E. The packets says to eat one GU like every 1/2 hour when doing intense physical exercise. So say you do the N. Ridge of Stuart in a day from the car (aside: Hey! Anybody wanna try this with me this year?? Let me know, not the GU part, just the climb part) and it takes you like 16 hours. That would be 32 packs of GU in a day shocked.gif" border="0 !!! Now I assume most of you know that vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin and is thus possible to overdose on this. Does anybody know if 3200 USRDA of vitamin E in a day would kill yer ass, or at least make you real sorry for indulging in a such a way?

Best,Chuck

Picture this,

on the direct exum eating GU. My climbing partner's wife states in a bitchy voice "how can you eat that crap-it looks like cum". She looks away for a moment and Mildew smears GU on her face. She screams "I hate that cum on my face you f--kin azzho" and then starts to thro beeners at him. $7.00 BD live wires go bouncing into the abyss. Big fight ensues. We had to abandon the climb at Wall street due to the stress.

GU ruined our climb

For cryin out loud erik, that kind of reasoned, balanced, and logical thinking just won't cut it in todays world....unless your priorities are having fun, getting ahead in life, and just generally focusing time and energy on making the best of our short time here in this world.

[big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

Yeah, it's a great in theory to try to be "the better person", but you have to let out your frustration at almost getting killed. I may be floating in a pool of inner peace as I ride or whatever, but as soon as someone swerves their deathmobile into my lane, I notice. That self-preservation instinct takes over, so for at least a second I want to rip off the driver's head. Usually, I can let it go.

When I have caught up to people who almost ran me down, most of the time I am calm enough by then to wave, make the roll-down-your-window motion, and tell them very matter of factly "you almost hit me back there at Madison and Broadway, could you please be more careful?". Often, these people say they didn't even see me... riding in full daylight next to them.

GU did not kill Twight when he ate 50 packets of it. figure you burn a lot of that fat that the E solubled into.

everybody knows GU, Clif Shot etc were invented by sick perverts to teach heterosexual men what swallowing jism is like.

From the e-Medicine Journal Volume 3 No 2:

Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin that acts as an antioxidant and free radical scavenger in lipophilic environments and is consumed by approximately 20% of the US population. It requires bile for absorption, and 25% of the vitamin is absorbed orally. Storage of the vitamin occurs in adipose tissue, liver, and muscle. The US recommended dietary allowance is 30 mg/d.

The oral median lethal dose found in several species is 2 g/kg, and adverse effects usually are observed at doses greater than 1 g/kg, which is equivalent to 200-500 mg/kg in humans. However, vitamin E has been shown to have few adverse effects, even at high dosages (up to 3200 mg/d). Most deleterious effects have been observed in small studies and in case reports.

And from Intelihealth:The recommended daily allowance (RDA) of Vitamin E is 10 to 15 IU daily. Doses in excess of 300 Units daily for prolonged periods in rare cases can cause diarrhea, cramps, headache, blurred vision, rash, and kidney and muscle damage.

IUs measure drug activity, rather than weight, so we can have a meaningful measure across drug forms (i.e. vit E can be extracted in various salt forms as well as sythesized and each form acts a little differently, hence the need for IU as oposed to mg or ug)

So we can essentiallyassume that if you ate 20 packs a days for a week, you'd probably not be happy. But, taking the conservative scenario, and equating 10IU to 30mg, and using the 500mg/kg lethal dose, a 70kg climber (about 154lb) you would have to eat over 1100 packs in a day to kill themself. Adverse effects could be expected with a reasonable level of confidence around the 450th pack.

Realistically, the caffeine in the stuff might hit a lethal dose before the Vit E, or even the sheer amount of sugar might shut down your pancreas and put you in insulin shock or a diabetic style coma. I'm (obviously) no doctor, but you're not going to OD on Vit E by eating GU...hell if you can stomach 50 in a day,the climbing itself will probably feel like the easy part.

quote:

Originally posted by Bronco:
You self righteous guys must have a hard time being such perfect drivers. What's it like never having made a mistake in your life?
tongue.gif" border="0

Eh? How do you learn from your mistakes if you get no negative feedback? If someone is totally oblivious to almost killing me, they should damn well know about it, so they are more aware of those of us who aren't driving cars but have to share the road.

Sure, I've zoned out while driving and almost gotten into accidents, it happens. And after getting yelled at, I sure drove safer. rolleyes.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:
what happens if you are at a rave and you eat some GU spiked with MDMA?
confused.gif" border="0confused.gif" border="0

in this situation the violence is warranted....a person knowing poisons you with a controlled substance needs to be removed from society.....and i could go on all day aboyt mdma....but i will not....DO NOT DO THIS TRASH DRUG.....I REPEAT DO NOT DO THIS TRASH DRUG....

i've heard it is bad....

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

in this situation the violence is warranted....a person knowing poisons you with a controlled substance needs to be removed from society.....and i could go on all day aboyt mdma....but i will not....DO NOT DO THIS TRASH DRUG.....I REPEAT DO NOT DO THIS TRASH DRUG....

i've heard it is bad....

e is good, speed is bad. speed kills so drive slow and quit grinding your teeth likethat sister.