Hell NO on I-1098

Fairweather

Jesus, try reading my posts for a change and you won't have to ask such a stupid question.

come on, you are asking us to wait for Washington to do something. That won't happen.

I'm talking about Washington state, not Washinton DC. The latter should be disbanded wholesale. Tits on a fucking bull.

I'm talking about forcing the state to reform long term, fucked up, ineffectual, and expensive policies by refusing to fund them any longer.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Within 2 years, not two years from now.

It depends on what happens with CA's initiative. If it passes, certain groups (hint, hint) may mount an initiative, or they may continue to work through the legislature. The situation's pretty dynamic right now, the path with the most chance of success will be taken when the time comes.

This is year 6 of a multi year campaign for drug policy reform, BTW. There have been lesser victories along the way. Kind of like climbing a mountain, especially if you're me. Real slow like.

Anybody who really gives a shit about this issue should send a check to a certain organization. It's the only one that's got a prayer of getting anything through (and the leader of a coalition of other organizations working towards the same goal).

Legalize pot and the vast majority of drug busts go away overnight.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

It's not the only hope but one step in the right direction. I think this generally comes down to you having more faith in the current system and are ok with giving it more money without any change in fiscal management. Others are not.

I wouldn't call being for legislation that starts reversing 30+ years of tax cuts for the wealthy "having faith in the system". In fact, that's what I would say of refusing to tax the rich in the name of calling for fiscal responsibility during the greatest economic downturn since the great depression.

The problem here is a failure of government. This problem is fixable without screwing the poor. Actually, the solutions I've proposed would help the poor.

When the liberal end of the spectrum starts asking for more fiscal responsibility the pols better start paying attention.

Yup.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-september-20-2010/working-stiffed

The best thing the Dems could do is coopt the [tiny] part of the teabagger message that actually makes sense: that government is wasting our money. It is. A lot. The baggers have absolutely no answer as to where that's happening, nor are they willing to trim the the God-Bless-American military, (and one wouldn't expect any from a mob of angry, brain-dead zombies yelling Hallmark card slogans) - so that's where reasonable people with functional brains come in.

Rather than cut existing services by a certain percentage, we need to attack the root causes of why we're in the hole, other than 'the economy' of course: failed policies and the expensive infrastructure built to support them: War on drugs and a top heavy educational system with too many administrators and other clingons per teacher.

After that, I'm all for ganging up on the rich and raping their wallets. They've been begging for a citizen revolt for a long, long time.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

The best thing the Dems could do is coopt the [tiny] part of the teabagger message that actually makes sense: that government is wasting our money. It is. A lot.

what do you think DLC Democrats have been doing since Carter, if not ride the anti-tax/anti big government bandwagon. Little good did it do us, they implemented neo-liberal policies from A to Z.

apparently won't be easy with so-called libruls around spouting anti-tax demagoguery.

If you could supply a coherent argument, I'll listen. When the dialog slips into the typical vocabulary of demagogurey, jack-booted thugs, knuckle-draggers, and facists, well then that's not an argument.

apparently won't be easy with so-called libruls around spouting anti-tax demagoguery.

If you could supply a coherent argument, I'll listen. When the dialog slips into the typical vocabulary of demagogurey, jack-booted thugs, knuckle-draggers, and facists, well then that's not an argument.

You're just a post away from achieving Regressive status.