10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong

kevbone

Now you're talking! But really, marriage is different from those actions IMO. But obviously people have fundamental differences of opinion on this and all issues.

Yes, they sure do. Some people had a HUGE problem with ending slavery, for example.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob, if two women get married how will the court know which one to fuck when they get divorced?

They both will be fucked, just like straights who have been getting reamed in the divorce process. Welcome, gay folks, to divorce court.

That is why people can't marry trees or dogs.

Que up Mr. Hands post explaining man/horse love in 3...2...1....

Whatever Rob. I think is is a fair compromise to let the religious fanatics keep their sacred marriage. After all, isn't marriage a religious institution in the first place? Then again, I could care less if Billy Bob wants to marry Johnny Joe. Whatever. Yeah, seems like we do have much more pressing issues in our society that our beloved gubment could be spending it's time on. Like I said, I'm not convinced either way, but some compromises need to be made to keep the peace...

If it's a religious institution, than why is government involved at all?

You think we should compromise civil rights and liberty to "keep the peace?"

I'm glad you weren't around in the 1860's. :(

Whatever Rob. I think is is a fair compromise to let the religious fanatics keep their sacred marriage. After all, isn't marriage a religious institution in the first place? Then again, I could care less if Billy Bob wants to marry Johnny Joe. Whatever. Yeah, seems like we do have much more pressing issues in our society that our beloved gubment could be spending it's time on. Like I said, I'm not convinced either way, but some compromises need to be made to keep the peace...

A yeah, that was my point, why is the gubment involved. I'm glad I was not alive then, too. What is wrong with civil unions anyway?

Seems like a fair compromise to me? I'm open-minded about the options, however.

Well, then again, being a white, heterosexual male, I would likely not be the one of the folks feeling the wrath of societies injustices back then... Just sayin.

A yeah, that was my point, why is the gubment involved. I'm glad I was not alive then, too. What is wrong with civil unions anyway?

Seems like a fair compromise to me? I'm open-minded about the options, however.

Nothin wrong with civil unions, just like there is nothing wrong with separate drinking fountains for minorities, right?

civil unions are not the same as marriage, or they'd be called the same. How demeaning, if you're gay, you can't say "we're married," you have to say, "we're civil unioned?" Why should gays and lesbians have to be singled out like that? You know what that's called? Segregation.

Edited by rob

Nothin wrong with civil unions, just like there is nothing wrong with separate drinking fountains for minorities, right?

civil unions are not the same as marriage, or they'd be called the same. How demeaning, if you're gay, you can't say "we're married," you have to say, "we're civil unioned?" Why should gays and lesbians have to be singled out like that? You know what that's called? Segregation.

The other option is Civil Unions for anyone (gay and straight) not wed via an ordained minister. It gets government out of religious ceremonies.

The other option is Civil Unions for anyone (gay and straight) not wed via an ordained minister. It gets government out of religious ceremonies.

Could gays and lesbians get a Marriage, if it was carried out by an ordained minister? Or would Marriage still be reserved only for straight couples (who used a minister)?

I think a better solution is that marriage should be a purely religious/social event, with zero legal recognition. We have our own social mores regarding what marriage really means, and that should be good enough to define it. I don't see why the government even got involved in the first place.

I mean, the functional trappings of marriage are much more easily created via existing legal bindings anyway, such as powers of attorney, wills, etc. AND, those documents are MUCH easier to dissolve. So, I view marriage as a dead institution already.

BUT, if one class of citizenry can enjoy it's dubious legal benefits, then I guess we all should. Otherwise, it's as crazy as disallowing mortgage interest deductions for people who like blonde women. Totally arbitrary and insane.

I personally don't support gay marriage... but being a dick to someone because they are gay is totally wrong. I have no problem with the people, I just choose not to agree with or partake in their lifestyle.

so it what ur saying is that you don't fuck guys then?

I personally don't support gay marriage... but being a dick to someone because they are gay is totally wrong. I have no problem with the people, I just choose not to agree with or partake in their lifestyle.

But do you support legislation that removes civil liberties from them because they are gay? That sounds like being a dick to me. :/

What would get the government out of religious ceremonies is make civil unions for everyone the legal basis for all marital rights. Then if people want a religious ceremony on top of that then knock themselves out, but it would carry zero legal recognition or rights.

Yeah that makes sense, guess you want the wedding cake and eating it too.

Since when are we all implicated in each and every marriage on the face of the earth, nevermind partaking in them? Two straight idiots get married in Tacoma and I partake in that here in Wyoming how?

Why are we even debating this? Let them marry ferchrissakes and give them the same tax advantages (and misery) that the rest of us enjoy(?). WTF is the difference? It doesn't affect my life, nor does it affect any of yours. Live and let live.

Now you're talking! But really, marriage is different from those actions IMO. But obviously people have fundamental differences of opinion on this and all issues.

Would you, personally, tell two human beings who love each other they can't marry? Not a tree or a dog, you dumbshit, but two consenting adults.

Try answering 'yes' and watch the admiration flow from your adoring audience.

If your answer is 'no', then you believe in the equal marital rights, so STFU.