Used Aliens $122.00 each.

billcoe

Crazy stuff. $610 for 5 on ebay. Not too beat up though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALIEN-CAMS-set-five-climbing-protection-/190400620557?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c54c2e80d

Dude said "This is a set of 5 Alien cams. I don't know how to describe the sizes, other than to say the colors are black, blue, yellow, green and red. I bought these new about 10 years ago. I have only used them a few times. They have never had to hold a lead fall. I'm selling them because I have resorted to indoor climbing in my old age (50). I have been slowly winnowing down my rack, and these are the next to go."

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were not mine Plaidman, although if I could get that for the 52 or whatever I own I'd be a rich man. Now I wish I hand' painted some gaudy BC colors on them and written my name in every damn sling. Or maybe I could trade them for a few Forrest Titons. ....

?

Where's all the math genius's when you need them?

I'll tell you what, because I really like you, I'll talk to my sales manager and see if I can't give you the buddy deal... $150 each or $600 for all 3 takes my vintage clam-shell BD cams, sizes 1,2 & 3 (red, gold & blue). The cams are well used, "flight tested" (multiple times) and not that shiny any more. I might even be able to throw in the marking tape (color of my choice) for a mere $25 per cam or $100 for all 3. Again, I'm only offering you this special deal cause I like you so much. Thanks for shopping & have a nice day!

I've got a set of Offset Aliens I'm thinking of selling so I just looked at completed listings on Ebay

WHOAAA!!!

3 aliens for $420 (140! each)

5 aliens for 610 (122 each)

3 for $300

1 black for 98.50

So basically a 100+ each.

Might just post them up.

This is a weird recent development. Last summer Aliens were going for a pretty normal 40-50 dollars on Ebay. Someone sold a rack of 15 for $500 at one point that I considered bidding on.

CCH has shut its doors. Aliens are no longer being produced.

Alien Hybrids were the only pro they made that was unique, interesting, and had a niche which is why I had two sets of them. The regular aliens, yawn.

The Alien hybrids though had attributes that made them good on slick granite pin scars. Metolius Master cams offsets will cover 90 percent of those placements - but that still leaves 10% where Alien Hybrids shine alone because their softer grade of aluminum 'bites' and deforms better.

Bottom line is there's nothing special about Aliens for about 98% of what you'd ever run into that you couldn't cover with a Camalot or Master Cam just as well. Ditto for most Alien Hybrid placements covered by a Master Cam offset. BUT if you're up in the air with your ass needs to be hung out over a placement where only an Alien Hybrid will work then it's a bummer not to have one on or about your person.

Of course, there's always the 'will it break' factor, but that horse is long dead...

Just turned my 4 used offset aliens into 6 brand new offset Master Cams and a Link Cam to boot.

Works for me!

I was never fully convinced of the superiority of Aliens so we'll see how many of these "10%" placements I run into. Guess that's what my z-tons and sawed-offs are for!