"Spill. Baby. Spill"

j_b

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of redirection here. It really doesn't matter what kind of car he drives, or what kind of carbon footprint he has. His basic argument about the importance of reducing oil dependence is valid, and the validity of that argument is completely unrelated to the carbon footprint of anybody.

Sure, you can bash on him for being a hypocrite, and maybe he is (I don't know him) but it still doesn't disprove his argument. He could be the fucking CEO of BP for all I care but his basic point is still valid; oil consumption and dependence is destroying our planet.

Why does that argument keep getting diluted with comments about his car? Oh right, I know why. Distraction and redirection. Common tactic, when you have no logical basis for rebuttal.

Pointing at the mud on his fins doesn't improve your swimming.

I'm sure nitrox and others would LOVE to keep the conversation directed at his car, rather than the (now proven) dangers of off-shore drilling.

Yes, indeed, the nitwits on this board have been doing it for many years now. They have lots of experience at mis-direction.

As for my carbon footprint, it is quite small but as you say it has no relevance to holding the oil industry shills accountable.

I am only calling out the fuckwits responsible for this disaster

Except that you are part of the demand and part the problem so you're the very same fuckwit you castigate.

Well shit, I guess if we're all at fault for the oil spill, then we all need to take responsibility to make sure the industry is regulated to the point where this never happens again. The only entity we have any means of control over is our elected government. While free market dumbshits we're telling us the industry could regulate themselves and corporate lobbyists we're writing their own rules, many of us we're reducing our consumption and demanding stronger rules, and opposing new drilling. So, now that the need for stronger regulation and restriction of the oil industry is clear and it's obvious that the government is the only entity with the accountable authority to implement and enforce new rules, we look forward to you personally sacking up and taking personal responsibility for calling for stronger regulations of existing operations and stronger rules for new projects. Anything less would be pure hypocrisy.

I am only calling out the fuckwits responsible for this disaster

Except that you are part of the demand and part the problem so you're the very same fuckwit you castigate.

Well shit, I guess if we're all at fault for the oil spill, then we all need to take responsibility to make sure the industry is regulated to the point where this never happens again. The only entity we have any means of control over is our elected government. While free market dumbshits we're telling us the industry could regulate themselves and corporate lobbyists we're writing their own rules, many of us we're reducing our consumption and demanding stronger rules, and opposing new drilling. So, now that the need for stronger regulation and restriction of the oil industry is clear and it's obvious that the government is the only entity with the accountable authority to implement and enforce new rules, we look forward to you personally sacking up and taking personal responsibility for calling for stronger regulations of existing operations and stronger rules for new projects. Anything less would be pure hypocrisy.

That already took place years ago. You're preaching to the quire. ;)

ETA: Even though I know there is a fair bit of sarcasm in your post I appreciate you not assuming to know what I have and haven't done. I would bet a lot of us are on the same side of the environment argument. Just sayin'.

Edited by Nitrox

That already took place years ago. You're preaching to the quire. ;)

ETA: Even though I know there is a fair bit of sarcasm in your post I appreciate you not assuming to know what I have and haven't done. I would bet a lot of us are on the same side of the environment argument. Just sayin'.

Spare us the posturing. Empty rhetoric while refusing the means of an effective alternative energy policy is sure to lead us to a coal fueled future, after we have burnt all the oil, of course.

j_b is now more included than ever:

VW Acknowledges Gay Drivers

Gay bashing now? I don't think most people consider being gay an epithet anymore.

Fag.

I don't know if you noticed Rob, but the "sandy vagina" comment he's used in other threads on you and me suggest he may not think all that highly of women either. You know, like it's insulting to suggest you might be one? :rolleyes:

Add in the disdain for the mentally handicapped he mentioned in this thread and Nitrox looks like a real winner, a broad spectrum full service sort of bigot.

Gay bashing now? I don't think most people consider being gay an epithet anymore.

Fag.

I don't know if you noticed Rob, but the "sandy vagina" comment he's used in other threads on you and me suggest he may not think all that highly of women either. You know, like it's insulting to suggest you might be one? :rolleyes:

See my previous comment on his obvious need to get laid.

Libtards have way more fun in that department fo sho.

I appreciate the offer but middle aged fat guys aren't really my thing. Good luck in your search though.

Fag.

Add in the disdain for the mentally handicapped he mentioned in this thread and Nitrox looks like a real winner, a broad spectrum full service sort of bigot.

Are you always this whiny? Race card, sexuality card, you're just a giant walking 'hurt feeling' aren't you?

Fag.

Are you always this whiny? Race card, sexuality card, you're just a giant walking 'hurt feeling' aren't you?

it's the libtard way

I appreciate the offer but middle aged fat guys aren't really my thing. Good luck in your search though.

trash, stick to ur trade routes in alaska and some day i'll teach u how too hunt beave u fat fucking pre-madonna fuck. why doesw a person so smart put such are a retarded tag (liberal) on himself? DADDY ISSUES OF COURSE!!! u have a greater good u smart mother fucker........

:)

Silly boy, I'm not the least bit hurt, but this is a pretty weak defense of why you think implying someone is female is an insult.