Why are pitbulls so mean and stupid?

MarkMcJizzy

So my poor sister is taking her dog for a walk this morning, and they get jumped by a ferocious pit bull. My sister got bit, but fortunately had gloves on and did not get the skin broken. Her dog got two bites and broke a nail.

I guess it could have been worse, her dog is an Anatolian Shepherd, and beat the shit out of the pit in about ten seconds. It was on its back with my sisters dog's mouth around its neck when my sister pulled it off.

This went on three times, every time my sister saved the life of the pit, it would start the fight all over again.

The neighborhood they live in has a number of nice little dogs and nice little old ladies. What if the pit had decided to attack one of them, instead of an Anatolian wolf killing machine?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So my poor sister is taking her dog for a walk this morning, and they get jumped by a ferocious pit bull. My sister got bit, but fortunately had gloves on and did not get the skin broken. Her dog got two bites and broke a nail.

I guess it could have been worse, her dog is an Anatolian Shepherd, and beat the shit out of the pit in about ten seconds. It was on its back with my sisters dog's mouth around its neck when my sister pulled it off.

This went on three times, every time my sister saved the life of the pit, it would start the fight all over again.

The neighborhood they live in has a number of nice little dogs and nice little old ladies. What if the pit had decided to attack one of them, instead of an Anatolian wolf killing machine?

where the hell was the owner of this pitbull throughout all this?

Haven't you heard? Big mean dogs are out. Real French gangsters use monkeys nowadays

In his novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? the writer Philip K Dick imagined a world in which all animals had become a luxury item - not just top-class show-jumping horses. Only the fabulously wealthy could afford real animals, while everyone else had to make do with simulations. Dick's premonition didn't include another possibility - that the world of status beast and underworld power projection would eventually overlap. He didn't exactly need to, I guess, since the idea of men with big, ferocious dogs isn't exactly science fiction. But there's still something wonderfully dystopian and futuristic about the latest gangster accessory in the Paris suburbs.

Apparently you're barely dressed in the banlieues these days unless you're carrying a Barbary ape on one arm, which can be unleashed at your opponent when business negotiations turn sour. "Now the authorities have cracked down on pitbulls and the rest, apes look like becoming the new weapon of choice," one police officer was reported as saying. The monkeys are smuggled in from North Africa and can change hands for up to £300 - once they've been trained to attack on command.

Naturally, it won't be long before we get what one might reasonably call a hairy arms war. Barbary apes today, full-grown baboons tomorrow and then, one dark day, some neighbourhood Napoleon is going to turn up with a silver-backed gorilla - the simian equivalent of an anti-tank rocket. The police will then have to train a crack squad of chimpanzees in response, and the makers of gangster films will be obliged to rethink many of the genre's canonical scenes. "Don't be a fool, kid," the grizzled police lieutenant will say, setting aside his police-issue proboscis monkey as a gesture of peaceful intentions, "Put the Bonobo down before someone gets hurt." A Mexican stand-off will presumably consist of two jittery men threatening to throw enraged capuchin monkeys at each others' heads. The only consolation is that it's going to be very difficult for anyone to go about with a concealed weapon - and very funny if anyone's foolish enough to try.

Pitties are actually very loving dogs but are incredibly sensitive and if not socialized correctly will wind up causing the problems described. Unfortunately the people who get these dogs are typically weak individuals needing to appear tough, but with a breed like this you have to be a dominant individual so the dog understands who is boss and that you can establish clear boundaries. Mark, in your sisters case she needs to call animal control and hopefully they can find a proper home for it before it kills a dog in which it will be put down.