"A little mistake"

archenemy

Kimmo,

is your position (and forget all the bs you're spewing) that this man should go free, not be extradited to serve a sentence for a conviction?

This is a Y or N question...

"forget all the bs you're spewing"? why i've never been so offended in my life.

now that i'm over it, i'll say that i don't know enough about the case to make an informed opinion; my soliloquies were more about the pavlovian response i saw in many of the posts.

and quite honestly, i'm not interested enough in the case to dig up all the particulars about what happened 40 years ago.

and to answer your previous ?, about what i would do if it had been my daughter: i cannot, as can no one, say what they would do in a hypothetical situation. we might like to THINK we know exactly what we'd do (witness bug's travels to france and kkk's purchase of fire-arms), but in reality, it's all speculation and potentially bluster. i'd like to think i'd, as a non-christian, say a prayer for patience and wisdom, and not turn myself into a murderer, for one thing.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kimmo,

is your position (and forget all the bs you're spewing) that this man should go free, not be extradited to serve a sentence for a conviction?

This is a Y or N question...

"forget all the bs you're spewing"? why i've never been so offended in my life.

now that i'm over it, i'll say that i don't know enough about the case to make an informed opinion; my soliloquies were more about the pavlovian response i saw in many of the posts.

and quite honestly, i'm not interested enough in the case to dig up all the particulars about what happened 40 years ago.

and to answer your previous ?, about what i would do if it had been my daughter: i cannot, as can no one, say what they would do in a hypothetical situation. we might like to THINK we know exactly what we'd do (witness bug's travels to france and kkk's purchase of fire-arms), but in reality, it's all speculation and potentially bluster. i'd like to think i'd, as a non-christian, say a prayer for patience and wisdom, and not turn myself into a murderer, for one thing.

nice dodge on a Y or N question...

pavlovian = visceral = same thing...I freely admit to that...

you are vulcan...

i'm pretty sure, given the opportunity, that i'd beat the livin shit out of someone who messed up one of my kids...not very hypothetical...the only hypothetical would be "how to get my hands on them"....

Edited by RuMR

i'm pretty sure, given the opportunity, that i'd beat the livin shit out of someone who messed up one of my kids

what if they were bigger than you?

there are many many ways to even a size discrepancy out, my dear finnish friend...it is a trait of our countrymen afterall, isn't it?

actually, no. your irony detector is broken.

and further, some of the most outraged here freely defend the daily rape of our children by "the market", all in the name of ummm a "free" market.

Nonsense. Everyone knows the market is waaaaay more into Connecticut soccer-moms with cankles.

Beside snipers, the Finns also have among the best performing education system in the world:

"The Finnish education system is an egalitarian Nordic system, with no tuition fees for full-time students. Attendance is compulsory for nine years starting at age seven, and free meals are served to pupils at primary and secondary levels, where the pupils go to their local school. In the OECD's international assessment of student performance, PISA, Finland has consistently been among the highest scorers worldwide; in 2006 Finnish 15-year-olds came first in science and second in mathematics and reading literacy, in 2003 Finnish came first in reading literacy, mathematics, and science, while placing second in problem solving. In tertiary education, the World Economic Forum ranks Finland #1 in the world in enrollment and quality and #2 in maths and science education."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Finland

Beside snipers, the Finns also have among the best performing education system in the world:

"The Finnish education system is an egalitarian Nordic system, with no tuition fees for full-time students. Attendance is compulsory for nine years starting at age seven, and free meals are served to pupils at primary and secondary levels, where the pupils go to their local school. In the OECD's international assessment of student performance, PISA, Finland has consistently been among the highest scorers worldwide; in 2006 Finnish 15-year-olds came first in science and second in mathematics and reading literacy, in 2003 Finnish came first in reading literacy, mathematics, and science, while placing second in problem solving. In tertiary education, the World Economic Forum ranks Finland #1 in the world in enrollment and quality and #2 in maths and science education."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Finland

yeah, but:

a) it's too fucking cold to do anything but hang inside and read for half the year

and

b) sure they get free food at school, but it's lute-fisk!

and

c) hawt finnish chicks only give it up if you can recite the quadratic equation from memory :)

its always traumatic for the victim during trial, but, honestly, without stiff enough punishment, there is no deterrent and a cycle continues...

and we all know that if polanski is not extradited, then all hell breaks loose and every perv sees it as a green light. :rolleyes:

and we all know that in the days of the wild west when you'd take perps behind the barn and string 'em up by the balls, rape and incest and such was wayyyyyy less common. gimme a break.

This whole discussion seems to hinge around the use of the phrase 'little mistake' instead of simply 'mistake'. Call me crazy, but I don't believe there is a crime out there that cannot be atoned for.

Plus, The Tenant was an awesome movie...starring the Director himself, no less. And check out Repulsion if you want a really weird, 60's style experience.

Edited by tvashtarkatena