High pressure meat sales

olyclimber

had a mid-twenties dude come to by door and ask if I would like some free steaks

after today...as the stories goes....he had to make a "big delivery" in the

neighborhood, and had these "left over". It seemed very, very

suspicious...and as it turn out he returned with a big box with his

friend who I can only describe as "the Closer" (think Glenn garry,

Glenn ross). The two of them then showed me some excellent cuts of

frozen meats....all of which I could purchase. Suddenly my free meat

had just disappeared! All that was left was meat that I could buy.

I let them know I was not interested in paying for for the meat, but if they

wanted to leave some for free I would be happy, but no $ for them.

This angered "the closer". He basically politely insulted me and

walked off with the meat. Even those I had a few choice words with

his partner, this guy who had originally promised me the free beef

told me "he didn't like to see unhappy customers" or some such...and

offered me an even sweeter deal. I asked for a business card which he

did not have, and said if was "pacwest foods"...this place:

http://www.pacwestfood.com/index.html

unfortunately, they actually don't have any free meat. but the interaction was pretty amusing for me.

happy solicitor day! or whatever moon holiday it is pagans.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife bought a bunch of that crap about 4 years ago and I think we still have some of the quarter sized "filet mignons" in the freezer. We ended up either giving most of the meat away or feeding it to the dog. The fish was like mush and full of bones and the meat tasted like it has been soaked in a brine rinse... very salty, and mushy as well. Next time a similar truck shows up, they will get the dog sicked on them.

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAA!!!! no...that meat is clearly going to be paid for you dumbasses. Like you pay for roads and bridges stuff like that. Surely our nations health is considered "critical infrastructure" right? Or is it only people who can afford to pay for it that are "critical infrastructure".

but then we haven't been doing a good job of taking care of the roads and bridges either, have we....

Just had the same guy (probably) come to my door saying he was from PacWest selling meat... ... I told him I was not interested and he drove off, not stopping at any other houses in the neighborhood... weird. green pickup license B17419D.

He had on dark glasses and a dirty, untucked collared shirt. Said, "PacWest meats gave me this shirt and told me to drive around getting rid of meat, so here I am." Hell of a sales pitch!

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/18516-post14.html

Maybe what they need to do is a take-off of the scared straight program and chronicle some former NFL players and what they are doing after their playing days are over. I still remember ready the story about Icky Woods, 3 years removed from the NFL, selling meat door-to-door in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. And as an incentive to purchase $X of meat, he would do the Icky Shuffle as part of his sales pitch. I would hope that some footage of Icky doing the Icky Shuffle on someone's front porch to get them to buy some meat, and a certain level of being demeaned that comes with that, would wake up some of these kids. But then again, many may feel that "That won't happen to me."

Earlier this year the high pressure meat man came by my house not once but twice. The first time I said no and he didn't apparently know what no meant. The second time a few months later my wife said not only no but get the hell off my property or something like that. If this guy comes by a third time, we might make meat out of him, and we won't say no that time.

Now, if it's a kid and his mom selling popcorn for Boy Scouts, then not no but un-no, and can I trade you some meat for that popcorn?

Was the truck marked "CAN'T BEAT OUR MEAT ™ ". ?

326671729_591661724e_m.jpg

31469116_400x400.jpg

953156724_5dcd8ff718.jpg

At least we now know where all the Hari krishnas who use to sell hand out "free" incense at the airports have gone.

Hari Krishna meat sales. Now that I think of it, don't see many Moonies these days either, maybe they are doing the butchering for the Krishnas....?

hare-krishnas-times-square-11.jpg