Uptight Democrat Bitch

Fairweather

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/18/sen-boxer-chides-brigadier-general-calling-maam/

Brig. Gen. Michael Walsh, with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, was testifying on the Louisiana coastal restoration process in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. He began to answer one of Boxer's questions with "ma'am" when Boxer immediately cut him off.

"You know, do me a favor," an irritated Boxer said. "Could say 'senator' instead of 'ma'am?'" "Yes, ma'am," Walsh interjected.

"It's just a thing, I worked so hard to get that title, so I'd appreciate it, yes, thank you," she said.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boxer doesn't have enough sense of humor, she should have said, "Dude, do me a favor..."

I think the lack of a sense of humor is endemic to the trade, and not particularly partisan. While one can always cherry pick a few contradictions, most politicians take themselves too seriously.

Elizabeth Becton, McDermott's aide who objected so strenuously to being called Liz, has a variant of that affliction. I've known a number of people who have insisted that others begin using the more formal version of their first name as they try and redefine themselves or work through issues around being more adult: Billy to William, Greg to Gregory, etc. My first encounter with the phenomena was perhaps the most entertaining, and he had the misfortune of becoming known within our social circle as Dick The Richard.

I always find it faintly amusing when friends assume that since I'm now older and must surely have outgrown my 30 some year old nickname, they should now call me Doug instead of Off.

I always find it faintly amusing when friends assume that since I'm now older and must surely have outgrown my 30 some year old nickname, they should now call me Doug instead of Off.

How about when people call you "Chuck"?

:crazy:

:lmao: I remember that incident. It takes a special vintage poster here to roll with that chestnut.

'Figures that Faux News would get the something wrong. The truth tends to get in the way of what they want to say. Check out the vid- he replies "Yes Senator" not "Yes Ma'am." Not a big difference, but it would'a been so easy to get it right. Stop distorting the facts or STFU, OK Fox?

'Figures that Faux News would get the something wrong. The truth tends to get in the way of what they want to say. Check out the vid- he replies "Yes Senator" not "Yes Ma'am." Not a big difference, but it would'a been so easy to get it right. Stop distorting the facts or STFU, OK Fox?

Gimme a break--and go back to your MSNBC pab.

Gimme a break--and go back to your MSNBC pab.

Given that the repeated "yes Ma'am" is the punchline of the whole schtick, I'd say getting it right would have been a big difference, but as has been noted, one should never let the truth get in the way of a good story. That sounds like Twain, but I'm not really sure of the pedigree on that homily.

Given that the repeated "yes Ma'am" is the punchline of the whole schtick, I'd say getting it right would have been a big difference, but as has been noted, one should never let the truth get in the way of a good story. That sounds like Twain, but I'm not really sure of the pedigree on that homily.

Maybe the idea here was to show the righteous military man standing up to Senator Boxer with a show of subtle insolence. Fox News having him respond with a quick "yes, Senator" would undermine that.

"old soldiers don't die, they just fade away..."

Roosevelt should have canned that self-righteous self-centered bastard a long time before he ignored the defensive planning of Bataan when he let the Japanese airplanes tear up all the US planes at Clark at the opening salvo of WWII. What a prick.