Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least he climbed something.

I shoveled shit all weekend.

"yes dear"

"next on my list dear"

"yes dear. I'm sorry. that is your list"

Actually my wife is nothing like that.

We shoveled shit together.

I keep seeing this thread and don't have an answer. Are you thinking of grabbing the FA of Lizard Locks because I did a one arm pullup on the tree?

If so, someone already got it, maybe Kelton. I watched the kid cruise it and he didn't even use the crack for the upper part. I told him the "Tree growing out of the crack was on" but he just plugged a cam and started grabbing invisible face holds, and passed the crux and didn't even stay in the crack at all. That kid is scary strong. The next kid dogged the lower part on toprope and never even made the crux before giving up.

I don't have any pics of yarding the tree, but here's one of the route.

crux_pro_lizard_locks_more_chalk_small.jpg

PS, I can't do a one armed pullup. I can (he proudly says) do 3 in a row *cough* 2 cough * with both arms though. :lmao:

Well, since I don't have any more of the route, here's one of Hank the Dog. Hank trys to climb trees if there is squirrels up there. Don't try and splain to Hank that squirrels are aid or he'll go all Mike Tyson on yer ass.

Jes' sayin' is all.

Hank_the_dog.jpg

Blame Ujahn. I can't help it if I was crawling on all 4s like a dawg and he all shakin' like.....

I have hair in that pic too, and I'm not going to photo shop it out to provide some realism or anything:-)

Edited by billcoe

And the larger question: what if that limb has a pirate attached to it? Ethically speaking this could be not only considered bad climbing technique, but also assault and battery.

It would be OK if the pirate had a Tauntaun with him. For safety reasons, but only if the route had an alpine quality to it.

But if it is alpine, there are no trees. This makes pulling on wood in the alpine a mute point.

So technically, it would have to be a tauntaun with sub-alpine tendencies.

For the purposes of this discussion, sub-alpine piss fir would be the most likely and appropriate vegetable matter to "rock climb" on.

Go climb the Direct NE Buttress of Slesse and tell me about trees in the alpine. NE buttress of Johannesburg would be another one to check out too.

Try and climb those without using tree holds.

Argue with Wikipedia.

"Alpine climate is the average weather (climate) for a region above the tree line. The climate becomes colder at high elevations—this characteristic is described by the lapse rate of air: air tends to get colder as it rises, since it expands. The dry adiabatic lapse rate is 10°C per km of elevation or altitude. Therefore, moving up 100 meters on a mountain is roughly equivalent to moving 80 kilometers (45 miles or 0.75° of latitude) towards the pole.[1] This relationship is only approximate, however, since local factors such as proximity to oceans can drastically modify the climate."