DC Sux

snugtop

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'all are making me feel a teensy bit better. But after 9 years in Washington and a year in Boulder I'm not feeling the love...Went to Shenandoah last weekend and it was a sorry trip

check out old rag mtn, just east of shenandoah - a very cool hike up a very rare thing in virginia (a giant chunk of granite) and if you bring your shoes and some sense, you can find a # of very cool things to clamber around on)

go to seneca. seriously. and do it soon before it's too hot!

for adventure, you can console yourself w/ scuba-diving, snorkeling, fishing, drinking and river-wallowing!

check out old rag mtn, just east of shenandoah - a very cool hike up a very rare thing in virginia (a giant chunk of granite) and if you bring your shoes and some sense, you can find a # of very cool things to clamber around on)

Be prepared for some nasty poison ivy as well

Be prepared for some nasty poison ivy as well

hmm...i can't recall getting into any there or anywhere else in the actual blue ridge - back in richmond (or round here in the gorge) for that matter...

Commuted to D.C. via train from near Harper's Ferry for two years, then lived in the District for a year. While that was enough - there a lot you should take advantage of while there:

Great free museums, music, lectures, films.

The Florida Grill -if it is still there

Ethopian food in my old neighborhood - Adams Morgan.

Good bouldering on rock wall along C&O canal in Georgetown

Great paddling and smallmouth bass fishing in upper Potomic.

Seneca, Seneca, Seneca! 'cept the Gendarme is long gone.

Take the drive to the Gunks - about 7 hrs.

W.VA has great hiking - Dolly Sods, Cannan Valley.

Closer to home - climbing at Great Falls then go for a swim while avoiding the helicopter patrols of the NPS - makes you feel like a Navy Seal.

While you will have to drive a bit more there are some cool places. And D.C. is a very interesting cultural experience.