He's no messiah

jmo

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, conservatives compared Obama to a messiah, now they tell us he is no messiah as if the rest of us ever thought he was. Attributing to others your own ridiculous constructs to better demolish them, it's called a strawman argument.

First, conservatives compared Obama to a messiah, now they tell us he is no messiah as if the rest of us ever thought he was. Attributing to others your own ridiculous constructs to better demolish them, it's called a strawman argument.

True. I know a shit ton of liberals who voted Obama...some very strong supporters. Not one even remotely considers him any kind of Messiah, panacea, whatever. He's just a politician stuck with a very shitty job ahead of him, .

No. Conservatives lamented that his most ardent supporters were carrying on as if he were some sort of messiah--and many still do. Now reality is settling is and I think the cock is about to crow for a third time.

No. Conservatives lamented that his most ardent supporters were carrying on as if he were some sort of messiah--and many still do. Now reality is settling is and I think the cock is about to crow for a third time.

My recollection is that the conservatives were excited about George W. Bush restoring dignity to the White House. Granted he didn't get caught getting a blow job from an intern, but the lack of accountability from his administration was anything but dignified.

However, I don't believe Obama did anything to cultivate the perception of him being a messiah.

However, I don't believe Obama did anything to cultivate the perception of him being a messiah.

460-obama_798256c.jpg

That stage would have worked well in "Triumph of the Will"

Well, the RNC considered this set, but decided that it had too much potential for offending height challenged Druids.

3342155196_eff5e0f286_o.jpg

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Lots of adoring fans here. Only a heartbeat away.

[img:center]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Mh1TZAM-AWU/SLkD7Am7iXI/AAAAAAAABQc/KtdFApdqLiQ/s400/heartbeat.jpg[/img]

[img:center]http://a.abcnews.com/images/Politics/ap_rnc_56_080904_ssh.jpg[/img]

[img:center]http://www.theodoresworld.net/pics/0908/convention2008TuesdayImage2.jpg[/img]

Of course there were a few nonbelievers.

[img:center]http://www.dvafoto.com/wp-content/19-ms-rnc-policearrest.jpg[/img]

Thank god that John, Sarah, and the RNC had backup.

[img:center]http://www.dvafoto.com/wp-content/10-dwb-rnc-police.jpg[/img]

He's brought the GOP back from the dead!

After further review, I have found five key signs of economic growth, all of which I attribute entirely, or almost entirely, to President Obama.

1. Gun sales. The FBI reports background checks on the sale of firearms jumped 23 percent nationwide last month compared to February 2008. That follows a 28 percent rise in January and a 24 percent increase in December.

2. Advertising revenues on Rush Limbaugh's program. Rush Limbaugh’s audience is doubled and in January, his program had booked 80 percent of all 2008 revenue and "we'll be over 2008 by the end of this month."

3. Attendance at conservative political conventions. Turnout at CPAC was 9,000 this year, up from 7,000 last year, when the president and vice president and major presidential candidates were in attendance.

4. Ratings and advertising on CNBC: In the first two months of 2009, CNBC averaged 282,000 home viewers at any given time, up from 264,000 in the same period in 2008 and 233,000 in the same period in 2007. (CNBC says the Nielsen ratings undercounts its audience, as they do not measure out-of-home viewership on trading floors and offices.)

5. (ahem) Close to Home. "Circulation for the last issue of NR came in at a hair over 200,000. Our historic baseline for circulation is about 150,000, which is where it was at the beginning of 2007."

linky