palin pregnancy

Gary_Yngve

here are some gems of quotes from:

"I think it's a very private matter," said Roberta Combs, president of the Christian Coalition of America. "It's a matter that should stay in the family and they have to work through it together. My prayers go out to them."

Added Combs: "We're excited about the governor and think she's going to do well."

Mathew Staver, dean of Liberty University School of Law, said: "We're all sinners."

=================

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1131ap_cvn_palin_daughter.html

Anyone who hasn't lived in a cave would recognize that were the daughter that of a democratic candidate, the responses from the religious right would be completely opposite, accusing the Dems of ruining family values and questioning how anyone from such a sinning family is fit for the presidency.

btw - I don't think we've heard the last about the pregnancy stuff. There's still a ton of bizarre circumstances surrounding the "5th child."

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too bad they're making the daughter marry the father. But, I suppose to a lot of people it's the only way to "fix it."

What would be so bad about letting the daughter get a little older and letting her get to know the sperm donor a little more before getting hitched? Oh, that's right, because otherwise it's a sin. :rolleyes:

Too bad the daughter got caught up in this political bullshit. :(

I think it's hilarious that the underage daughter of someone who preaches abstinence-only sex-ed is pregnant.

Of coarse Gary, this is a "private matter".

Unless it is the daughter of one of those perverted communist satanic liberal pansies.

Then we need to shame them, institute school prayer, increase the prison time for premarital teen sex, outlaw choice, arrest doctors and ban contraceptives.

And as you can see, I'm not being hypocritical about this.

Interesting take on the situation....here's another slant

There are probably few people in the country as familiar with Sarah Palin's character as her own daughter. The fact that the daughter, even knowing that the actions leading to the pregnancy surely went against everything that the family had taught, knowing what her mom's stance would surely be, and knowing about the likely political ramifications of this "scandal", did not go "have it taken care of" (undoubtedly the easy thing to do here) is pretty telling. When a child is able to trust a parent that much - I think it says a lot about both the child and the parent. I hope, as a parent, my children feel confident enough in my unconditional love that they would trust me enough to seek my counsel and support if they were in a similar position. Perhaps Sarah Palin is a person of integrity, and compassion, just like the hype. How weird would that be?

It's pretty sad when staying true to one's beliefs and values, even when the consequences immense, is not considered admirable.

As far as hypothesizing about what the conservative press would do if it was the child of a Democrat, don't waste your breath - those hypothetical kids don't make it to their first ultrasound.

Interesting take on the situation....here's another slant

There are probably few people in the country as familiar with Sarah Palin's character as her own daughter. The fact that the daughter, even knowing that the actions leading to the pregnancy surely went against everything that the family had taught, knowing what her mom's stance would surely be, and knowing about the likely political ramifications of this "scandal", did not go "have it taken care of" (undoubtedly the easy thing to do here) is pretty telling. When a child is able to trust a parent that much - I think it says a lot about both the child and the parent. I hope, as a parent, my children feel confident enough in my unconditional love that they would trust me enough to seek my counsel and support if they were in a similar position. Perhaps Sarah Palin is a person of integrity, and compassion, just like the hype. How weird would that be?

It's pretty sad when staying true to one's beliefs and values, even when the consequences immense, is not considered admirable.

As far as hypothesizing about what the conservative press would do if it was the child of a Democrat, don't waste your breath - those hypothetical kids don't make it to their first ultrasound.

because the libtard spawn are permitted to use condoms to thwart the unstoppable force of teen sexual intercourse?

hmmm, i see another 10 on 1 coming.

Make that 10 on 2. And the second guy is one of the un-sung heavy hitters of spray.

I think it's hilarious that the underage daughter of someone who preaches abstinence-only sex-ed is pregnant.

I think your attitude is flippant and selfish. This isn't the hypothetical we're talking about, these are real people. Anytime a minor becomes pregnant, those involved have their lives changed forever. To use Bristol Palin as a pawn in national politics is shameful. And for you to flog her from your soapbox is also shameful

Anyone who hasn't lived in a cave would recognize that were the daughter that of a democratic candidate, the responses from the religious right would be completely opposite, accusing the Dems of ruining family values and questioning how anyone from such a sinning family is fit for the presidency.

You are sadly, absolutely correct. But two wrongs do not make a right

For the record, I do not support the politics of either Senator McCain or Governor Palin

Here's another slant: Bristol isn't really pregnant this time. She really is Trig's mother and when the McCain Camp found out that Sarah had pretended to be pregnant and falsely claimed the child to be her own, the McCain's invented this new pregnancy to quell the rumors. The McCain Campaign's claim that His Maverickness knew about the pregnancy are total horseshit (part of the reason for picking Palin was to appeal to evangelicals, remember). Bristol, now under a PC media blackout, can now hole up quietly somewhere until a baby is found in time for Obama's inauguration. As Porter suggests, all the blame this mess can be safely laid at the feet of John McCain's "maverick", high-stakes VP vetting process. What a douche.

Furthermore, I fault Govenor Palin for accepting the nomination with her family in such a delicate condition. Govenor Palin knew fully that her (Govenor Palin's) position was to be the far right lightning rod. With her young and un-married daughter pregnant, it should have been obvious that her daughter could easily become a campaign issue. It is sad and wrong, but is very likely, as this whole thread proves.

I think it hilarious when you bivy 30' off the ground on a 5.6 at Smith Rock because you're a moron.

To use Bristol Palin as a pawn in national politics is shameful.

Ok, so without mentioning names, it's still anecdotal evidence that abstinence/DARE/just-say-no does not work.

I do have to wonder though, how Sarah Palin could, in good conscience, accept the VP nomination, knowing that she and her daughter would be put in the spotlight and be subjected to public humiliation.

I do have to wonder though, how Sarah Palin could, in good conscience, accept the VP nomination, knowing that she and her daughter would be put in the spotlight and be subjected to public humiliation.

While I think your choice to bivy 12' off the ground was a stupid one, we agree on this. But people make choices. Sara Palin made hers, and you made a descision to stick your head up your ass, and bivy 12' off the ground. Good thing that a troop of Girl Scouts happened by, and rescued you.

That's what I'm sayin' man! None of this shit makes sense! Bristol is Trig's mother. It's the only rational explanation, dude!

To use Bristol Palin as a pawn in national politics is shameful.

Ok, so without mentioning names, it's still anecdotal evidence that abstinence/DARE/just-say-no does not work.

But why would she not accept the nomination? If you had the chance to be selected by a major political party wouldn't you?

I'm not all crazy about Sarah Palin, but in her mind I am sure she saw it as a great oppurtunity for her and the family. That being said, she doesn't stand a chance against Biden in the debates.

Lots of really fricking interesting conjecture going on here. I hate to overuse the "m" word, but maybe McCain has know all along of this latest development, and was hell bent on his opposite gender twin being his running mate. The rumor I'm hearing of her faking the pregnancy and birth of her latest child to camoflauge her daughters pregnancy is a real screamer. Straight out of one of the plot lines from last seasons Desperate Housewives.

If this is as it appears and that her daughter is just another teenage american girl from a small town that got knocked up, I hope they let her be. Its really a shame; when my sister began having trouble her kids years ago she had to give up her career to stay home to try to right the situation. You would think that Sarah Palin might consider it.

...maybe McCain has know all along of this latest development...

Yes, I see where you're going... an unwed teenage mother from a small-town would be just the thing to bring in the American people (women, especially) and bring out the negative smear tactics from his opponent. A bold masterstroke. What a maverick!