School's Starting!

rob

My son starts 3rd grade on Tuesday. We went to the student/teacher orientation yesterday and he met his teacher -- named Mrs. Gross! Why would someone teach elementary school students with a name like that? :lmao:

Blakely met her, and she told him her name, and I could see the corners of his mouth twitching. He said, "well....that's an interesting name." :D

Athena starts kindergarten. At the orientation, all the parents were asking yuppy questions, like "Does the school serve organic food?" And "is there any way to not serve snacks with corn syrup or artifical colorings/flavorings?" Someone else was complaining that the school didn't have any "african art" programs.

The bus driver reminded us not to follow the school bus to school on the first day, because she's obligated to call the police department if she sees any cars following her bus. What a world we live in.

12 more years! :shock:

Edited by rob

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When a science teacher poured salt on a slug in my step-daughter's class, she was roasted alive in the email thread and the parents demanded and got greif counseling for the students.

True story.

BUT, one of the happiest days of my youngest daughter's life was her first day of kindergarten. Do not underestimate the importance to him/her and you will be a super-dad.

I only have one year left... my 3rd grade teacher hated me because i was loud and couldnt write neatly... I spent most of that year in the hall... my high school teachers just get mad when I do backflips in the middle of class and climb ont the building... I also got into some trouble for jumping out a 2nd story window at lunch... teachers are such worriers...:)

I also got into some trouble for jumping out a 2nd story window at lunch

I used to do this in my junior year of high school. I needed to be in the calculus class, because when I entered this Virgina HS after transferring from Italy, I had already taken the math courses that the VA school was teaching for juniors. So I wasn't much interested in repeating Algebra II, but I still had to wait until my processing had been completed to get moved up to the calculus class. Needless to say, I was bored for a few days...

So to help assuage my boredom, I quickly learned that my Algebra II teacher had a habit of standing at the door and making mental notes of which students had arrived during the class change. I'd make a big show of making sure he noticed me come to his class. Then I'd walk over to the 2nd floor window, check to make sure he wasn't looking, and promptly jump out the window. Then I'd run around the building and walk back into class again like I had not yet arrived, giving him another big "Hello, Mr. Whateverhisnamewas!". :laf:

I always got this funky look from him like he thought he was losing his mind or something. This went on for about a week or so, until I was finally transferred up to the calculus class.

I had a friend who did not like biology.

Biology class was on the third floor.

He lept up and yelled very loudly "I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!" and ran full speed to the back of the class and dove headlong out the open window. The teacher just froze, too freaked out to even move.

Jeff, of course, had planned the whole stunt and lept into a tree and climbed down. Then he came back up to class and said "I feel better now." The stunned teacher just watched him walk in and sit down. He taught for a few seconds and then left the room. Jeff sprang back up and said "watch this!" and climbed out the window onto a 3" ledge and started climbing from one window to the next. The teacher and vice principal came in while he was outside, one hand grasping one windowsilland the other grasping the next. Then he pulled himself through the window, jumped to the floor knocking a microscope onto the flor, spread his arms and said "TA-DAAAAAA!"

Both the teacher and the vice principal pointed out the door and sternly said,"Get out!" in perfect unison.

It was right out of the movies.

But I definately prefer the mind-f you put on the teacher Sobo. That had to be a freakout. And tastefully subtle.

My friend and I once convinced another kid to jump off the indoor balcony onto the first floor. He was pretty screwed up mentally before the jump and physically after the jump. I guess some of us just know how to jump off second stories better than others.

My friend and I once convinced another kid to jump off the indoor balcony onto the first floor. He was pretty screwed up mentally before the jump and physically after the jump. I guess some of us just know how to jump off second stories better than others.

I bet his parents felt terrific when he came home from school that day. Great job! :rolleyes:

Let her call the police. Are you breaking a law?

do you have to break a law to get fucked by the police?

Technically yes. There has to be crime to get the cops involved.

Now, on the other hand, if there is no crime involved in following a school bus carrying your child, I see no reason for calling the police.

Now, on the other hand, when I worked as a cop, I must admit, there where times that I gave some people a "second look" just because...