McCain: Stumbling Towards a Mediocre Oblivion

prole

McCain, a four-term Arizona senator with decades of experience on national security, has had difficulty making the case that his economic plans can get the country roaring again, especially as Democrats try to tie him to President Bush and the nation's current financial woes.

During the Republican primary, McCain acknowledged that the economy is not his strongest suit, and delivered some tough talk to economically ailing Michigan. He told voters there that lost jobs weren't coming back.--from AP 7/10/08

Hmmm...

Japanese auto giant Toyota said Thursday that it plans to start assembling its fuel-sipping Prius hybrid car in the United States with production slated to begin in late 2010.

Toyota announced plans to start US production of its gasoline and electric powered hybrid car as rival US auto firms like General Motors and Ford suffer sharp sales declines for gas-guzzling trucks, pickups and sport utility vehicles (SUVs).Toyota said it planned to start producing the Prius at an assembly plant presently under construction in Blue Springs, Mississippi. The first US-produced Prius cars are due to roll off the assembly lines in two years time...

...Prius sales in the United States have been boosted by tax credits for fuel-efficient vehicles.

And some US states allow Prius drivers to zip along restricted carpool lanes, normally reserved for cars carrying several passengers, on busy highways even if they are carrying no other passengers.---from AFP 7/10/08

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it seems like Obama is trying to play to the center, but i'm not sure what mccain is doing. is he actually playing to the far right? what is that crafty maverick up to?

you'll all be sorry when it turns out his "stumblings" were really just baby steps to peace and prosperity.

I have hope that the next president, President Obama, can get us back on track....McCain doesn't have a chance this election, stop worrying over it and accept the inevitable.

Drink the koolaid. I think this is a worse choice than the last election. MO only.

I seriously doubt either of these candidates has what it takes. Bi-partisan rhetoric just shows how much of a puppet you really are. Calling others puppets (as is popular here) just shows amazing hypocrisy.

6 words on this election:

Giant douche and a Turd Sandwich

First of all. The fact that McCain spent five year in a POW camp being tortured should disqualify him for president right off the bat. He is a fing nutcase.

Excuse me you little ungratefull maggot? I have 10 bucks that McCain would beat your gaping jaw swollen shut. I understand that you dont feel like serving your country but he paid the ultimate sacrifice. Why don't you slow down and think about what you are saying? Because the commander of the greatest military in the world has paid the ultimate price as a soldier, he is disqualified to lead it? Go chug some ativan you pretentious prick.

kevbone, you know that i'm a tree hugging, peace spouting lefty but come on, isn't this the type of post you ended up regreting not too long ago.

in my worst nightmares jon mccain is our next pres but that really has nothing to do with it.

Excuse me you little ungratefull maggot? I have 10 bucks that McCain would beat your gaping jaw swollen shut. I understand that you dont feel like serving your country but he paid the ultimate sacrifice. Why don't you slow down and think about what you are saying?

Who is ungratefull? Not me. I think it’s great he was in the military….unlike our current coke snorting awal crook of a president. I was making a point that because of that awful experience he might not be sound of mind to lead the free world.

Because the commander of the greatest military in the world has paid the ultimate price as a soldier, he is disqualified to lead it?

Uh….last time I check McCain is not eh commander of the greatest military in the world. And the guy who is…..was awal.

One thing about McCain is he didn't call in sick for duty like Bush did.

I'm no fan of McCain, but he seems better than Bush. It isn't saying much, but it is something.

The main thing that bugs me about these presidential races is they need to be run like the NFL. Ya know start in September and done in January. If that were the case then the competition would just be starting up right now with a few media news features about training a couple months earlier.

If put to it I might be ok with a baseball style season, but that's it. :battlecage:

You think it was great that he was in the military; yet it should preclude him from being the commander of it? How in the fuck does that make anysense? Please Kev, I am trying to follow along, but even by your standards, following your logic is like trying to catch jackrabbits.

One thing about McCain is he didn't call in sick for duty like Bush did.

I'm no fan of McCain, but he seems better than Bush. It isn't saying much, but it is something.

The main thing that bugs me about these presidential races is they need to be run like the NFL. Ya know start in September and done in January. If that were the case then the competition would just be starting up right now with a few media news features about training a couple months earlier.

If put to it I might be ok with a baseball style season, but that's it. :battlecage:

:tup: Holy shit. One of us is going crazy.

You think it was great that he was in the military; yet it should preclude him from being the commander of it? How in the fuck does that make anysense?

Being in the military does not make you a shoe in for the president.

Reread my post. I said his experience being tortured for 5 years should exclude him. Not the fact that he was in the military. Learn to read.

You think it was great that he was in the military; yet it should preclude him from being the commander of it? How in the fuck does that make anysense?

Being in the military does not make you a shoe in for the president.

Reread my post. I said his experience being tortured for 5 years should exclude him. Not the fact that he was in the military. Learn to read.

Hyperbole is a really shity way of debate Kev. Your kids teach you that trick?

Is he mentally competent? Of course. So why does that exclude him? Because he knows personally the risks and sacrifices that his soldiers are making?

I would much rather deal with that kind of man in my line of work. He knows better than anyone alive, the price of the dirty business of war.

Should this preclude him from office? Hardly.

kevbone, don't be so sure. remember you live in portland. go talk to some folks from other parts of the country. they're not all that warm and fuzzy over obama and some of actually think mccain is a decent choice. as much as love living in the liberal realm of the PNW, its not inconceivable that mccain might win.

kevbone, you know that i'm a tree hugging, peace spouting lefty but come on, isn't this the type of post you ended up regreting not too long ago.

in my worst nightmares jon mccain is our next pres but that really has nothing to do with it.

he'll call TROLL and pretend that he didn't mean it!