Ethical Question?

selkirk

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bob, why don't you post up some images of YOUR wife and then sit back and not go ballistic.

first of all my wife would most certainly say something if she did not want her picture taken. secondly she would not ask me to deal with this situation. and third of all- she has more common sense then to behave like a dumb-ass hippie and do yoga in a middle of a crowded crag.

Bob is right and I won't add anything.

If I have days I don't like my face and my ass he knows I won't agree for taking pictures of me. No exceptions.

so...miss piggy, let's play some Extrapolation...let's suppose that I take your pic and unbeknownst to you, post it here and start in on the lewd comments...whatcha gonna do??

why are you calling me a dumbfuck- i think you are one not catching things how they are. you asked what my wife would do and she answered your question in person.

pissing and moaning like a 10 year old never will gain my sympathy.

so...miss piggy, let's play some Extrapolation...let's suppose that I take your pic and unbeknownst to you, post it here and start in on the lewd comments...whatcha gonna do??

I would ignore it.

That wouldn't be the end of the world even if I would have PMS.

And I think that is one of the million reasons why Bob loves me :grin:

bob, why don't you post up some images of YOUR wife and then sit back and not go ballistic.

first of all my wife would most certainly say something if she did not want her picture taken. secondly she would not ask me to deal with this situation. and third of all- she has more common sense then to behave like a dumb-ass hippie and do yoga in a middle of a crowded crag.

If I have days I don't like my face and my ass he knows I won't agree for taking pictures of me. No exceptions.

why are you calling me a dumbfuck- i think you are one not catching things how they are. you asked what my wife would do and she answered your question in person.

I am calling you a dumbfuck cuz you are making a mountain out of a molehill and you can't keep your piehole shut...

I am calling you a dumbfuck cuz you are making a mountain out of a molehill and you can't keep your piehole shut...

i did not start a pissing vinegar sissy fit about one friggin photo and a couple of wise guy cracks. mountain out molehill is the pansy ass cry me a river reaction by a couple of clownpunch hippies, who act like 10 year olds, who's toys were taken away. like i said- my advice is- grow up! life is tough, deal with it.

The question concerning the bunny-eggs made me think of a particular thread for some reason or another.

Interesting stuff about the corrupt judges that I missed when the story broke. Probably explains why the individual in question got out in a couple of years, despite the quantities involved.

Gary: might the content of the photo, along with other factors related to the context in which it appears, also have something to do with it?

This is the last post I read on this thread; but it prompted me to speak up.

When I posted my photo online during that one thread and got a zillion negative and belittling comments, I requested that it be removed. I've never done that before and never would have expected it. But then again, I've never been at the receiving end of so many horrible, objectifying, judgmental comments directly related to my appearance. I can empathize with the woman whose picture was put up here. Hell, she didn't even put her own up and had to weather all that bullshit.

Heckling each other is one thing, but treating each other like shit when we can see their faces on our forum is unnacceptable. I have pretty low standards, but at least I can agree to this one.

Minx--good on you or on whatever mod removed the gal's pic. :tup:

Gary: might the content of the photo, along with other factors related to the context in which it appears, also have something to do with it?

This is the last post I read on this thread; but it prompted me to speak up.

When I posted my photo online during that one thread and got a zillion negative and belittling comments, I requested that it be removed. I've never done that before and never would have expected it. But then again, I've never been at the receiving end of so many horrible, objectifying, judgmental comments directly related to my appearance. I can empathize with the woman whose picture was put up here. Hell, she didn't even put her own up and had to weather all that bullshit.

Heckling each other is one thing, but treating each other like shit when we can see their faces on our forum is unnacceptable. I have pretty low standards, but at least I can agree to this one.

Minx--good on you or on whatever mod removed the gal's pic. :tup:

Seriously? They all seemed pretty positive to me. I thought you looked mighty attractive in the photos that I saw.

I was actually disappointed in the level of abuse I got. Weak stuff.

Interesting stuff about the corrupt judges that I missed when the story broke. Probably explains why the individual in question got out in a couple of years, despite the quantities involved.

Hah, I hadn't thought about that hullaballou in awhile. A little research turns up this tidbit: "Last month, Spink, 34, and Wesley Cornett, 28, a second drug runner, each received a three-year sentence from Martinez, who accepted joint recommendations for leniency from defense attorneys and the government because of their cooperation." in this article about the arrest and trial of the kingpin. It appears that d-dog played rat fink and sang like a canary. Jay, its better that you revived this spectacle in this thread than in the "how far would you go for your pet" thread.

Hah, I hadn't thought about that hullaballou in awhile. A little research turns up this tidbit: "Last month, Spink, 34, and Wesley Cornett, 28, a second drug runner, each received a three-year sentence from Martinez, who accepted joint recommendations for leniency from defense attorneys and the government because of their cooperation." in this article about the arrest and trial of the kingpin. It appears that d-dog played rat fink and sang like a canary. Jay, its better that you revived this spectacle in this thread than in the "how far would you go for your pet" thread.

:lmao:

personally, the photo should have been removed. Neither party wanted it "published" on the web and it was NOT anonymous.

The guy was right to ask to remove the photo...he didn't post it...

has nothing to do with 1st amendment rights. This is a privately owned site and therefore not subject to constitutional stuff...

also, the arguement could be mad that its analoguous, imo non lawyer mind, to asking for a model release if you are going to publish someones image on a site that would be governed by 1st amendment...

and, if it is legal, its just shitty if the guy asked you to pull it down to not. Personally, Trash, i'm glad you removed the photo if it was you...if it was not you but a mod, well, you're a fuck bag then...

THe counter to this is the guy who posted the image of his fiance the other day FULLY had all of the shit flung at him by sexchoco coming...

Rudy, one more thing. your thinking is friggin selective. a lot of photos posted here on this site are posted without author's consent (violating copyright laws). second, i am sure you as most of the posters here obtain permission to shoot pictures abroad, in the native language, right? so get off your high horse. it reminds me a friend of my (aspiring photographer) who was explaining in detail, how important it is to obtain permission to take a picture. yet when in china he was shamelessly shoving lens of his camera into locals faces without any communication (even he said so). total double standard. i am sure simon and his hippie girly always asks abroad about taking pictures in the native language of the country- NOT.

now i'm convinced.... you really are stupid.

the point is not that there was something inherently wrong the actual taking of the picture (which is why she didnt say anything at the time - although it was a bit weird), the point is the POSTING of the picture - and the subsequent request for its removal.

And, as a side note, copyright laws have nothing to do protecting the subjects of art, but, rather are instituted for the protection of the creator (i.e. have nothing to do with this discussion).

now i'm convinced.... you really are stupid.

the point is not that there was something inherently wrong the actual taking of the picture (which is why she didnt say anything at the time - although it was a bit weird), the point is the POSTING of the picture - and the subsequent request for its removal.

And, as a side note, copyright laws have nothing to do protecting the subjects of art, but, rather are instituted for the protection of the creator (i.e. have nothing to do with this discussion).

simon. you've been trolled. it's ok. you can go home now.

i am not being selective. My thoughts are that if anyone requests an image of themselves to be taken down it should be honored...how is that "selective"?

bob, i'm curious why you care so much? Did you lose some jerk off material????

I'm done with this...obviously, to you, this is an earthshaking dealio...continue to foam at the mouth and act like a rabid dog...i could honestly give a shit...but i will tell you this...if that was chris and you started this shit, it would get ugly between you and me...