Ethical Question?

selkirk

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

selkirk,

you can do what you want. i will either delete it again or edit accordingly. i'm lazy so i dumped the whole thread instead of editing individual posts.

i think its completely lame to post those types of comments about some chick who doesn't even post here. and then get when her b/f asks for it to be removed.

its one thing when its me or some of the other female posters who hang out in spray. its another thing entirely to say shit like that about a girl who hasn't established any ties at all to cc.com :tdown:

well, i find it "lame" when this whole topic just vanished. the point was:

1. when you don't like something why don't you say something then? (instead sending your guard dog?)

2.can you expect privacy at the popular/crowded crag?

no you can't expect privacy but why shouldn't you be able to have a pic removed when you ask politely. particularly if a bunch of strangers are making lewd comments in a public place?

she didn't feel like registering on cc.com? her b/f already was registered so he did it on her behalf? seems like a no brainer to me.

well, i find it "lame" when this whole topic just vanished. the point was:

1. when you don't like something why don't you say something then? (instead sending your guard dog?)

2.can you expect privacy at the popular/crowded crag?

Seems like there's a couple of different questions at play here. I don't think it's reasonable to assume that you'll never have your photo taken without your consent in public, much less that you have a legal right to prevent people from doing so.*

However, if you find out that the person who took your photo without your consent has posted your photo on a private website and a bunch of clownpunchers are making lewd comments that are creeping you out, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask the person who posted the photo and/or the folks that run the site to take the photo down, even if they aren't legally obliged to do so.

*Exception being non-consensual photos of body parts that you are trying to conceal with clothing...