Wa State Caucus

olyclimber

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Her actions are juvenile. It seems to be legal, if you only vote once. As to whether or not it poisons the process for the rest us, I disagree. The process is already poisoned and corrupt (though better than smoke filled rooms).

I know this might shock and upset some here, but it looks like I might get stuck at work until after the polls close tomorrow night. It all depends on the whims of the employees of a major software corporation based in Redmond, Washington at this point.

I am still optimistic that I will get done with work in time, just to upset and irritate folks who think I am commiting a terribly wrong and immoral act. Take solace in the fact that I have crossed parties in many primaries prior to this, if nothing else. It is within my rights to leave work early in order to vote, but I'm not willing to turn down the O/T just to make a point, at this point. It seems I've already made my point.

You're not only immoral, but stupid too - at least for someone who claims to be so involved in politics. The primary is FEBRUARY 19th - that's not tomorrow...it's NEXT WEEK. But feel free to mark your "X" on any old piece of toilet paper after you get off work. :rolleyes: Un-fucking be-lieveable.

My father graduated in 1968, I think. He's not really that crazy, either, but he's convinced every muslim implicitly supports terrorism. It's the communists all over again.

My dad graduated from things at various times, some in the '60s. He was a McGovern supporter but then went semi conservative as he got older. Now married to a liberal attorney in the mold of Hillary C.

Apparently I just never knew he had racist leanings. The way he and my mom raised me, it is (was) the farthest thing from my mind.

That said.... :blush: hmmmmm.

Edited by marylou

I should have kept quiet. I can picture her ditching her mop and cleaning supplies early, racing wildly downtown in a smoke-cloud '73 Subaru, running all out of breath up to her precinct, and pressing her steamy snout up against the locked glass door while looking into the darkened room--tears streaming down her chubby pink cheeks...

nah, fuck the "our side, their side" shit. We're all in this together, and I for one want a real leader for our real problems.

I don't know if you are for real or not. Yes, the parties suck and I am no fan of the Democratic machine. But partisanship is not going away even if Obama can voice the idea that we need to transcend some of it.

I should have kept quiet. I can picture her ditching her mop and cleaning supplies early, racing wildly downtown in a smoke-cloud '73 Subaru, running all out of breath up to her precinct, and pressing her steamy snout up against the locked glass door while looking into the darkened room--tears streaming down her chubby pink cheeks...

You must feel stupid and immoral.

he's not smart enough

he's not smart enough

Ignorance is no excuse! Aiding and abetting is -- ACTIONABLE!!!

nah, fuck the "our side, their side" shit. We're all in this together, and I for one want a real leader for our real problems.

I don't know if you are for real or not. Yes, the parties suck and I am no fan of the Democratic machine. But partisanship is not going away even if Obama can voice the idea that we need to transcend some of it.

No, I'm guilty of partisanship sometimes, too. And you're right, partisanship won't just go away. But that doesn't mean we should help keep it alive, right?

More of your fictions!

hey, do you think you'll be able to ditch your cleaning supplies early enough to go vote next week? :rolleyes:

Gosh, I don't know Rob! We wouldn't want anyone living with a dirty floor, doncha know.

I might just take next week off anyway. I could use the time to overthrow the government and maybe invade a foreign country, like say, Eastern Washington.

Barack Obama gives me hope.

Something I read online about him (though I forget where???).."He is collaborative not polarizing. He is brilliant not cunning. He is optimistic not angry."

Pretty right on I think.

Some things I'll add...

I like that he answers questions sincerely, thoughtfully, almost like his mind is actually present within or near his body - something we are not used to in most politicians, maybe most people. I noticed this when he came to Washington state last year. I hope it continues.

He is not perfect of coarse, but contrasted with other politicians he stands out - and not just because he is a shade darker. The main reason is that he does not leave one with the feeling that he is bought and paid for, he seems to be "his own man". Over time though, that could change. I hope not.

People seem to be projecting onto him a bit of the idealized "savior" type archetype, however you have to give him the credit for providing the right template and right temperament for that projection. Unfortunately this has a quick downside if/when his "all too human" reality shatters our fragile belief in cartoon heros. I hope that doesn't happen til way after the election.

Around the world, the image of America will be enhanced and maybe even remade with Obama as prez. He is aware of this himself and I have already read news online from overseas that indicates as much. He -and maybe even we- will be respected and welcomed globally (at least more so) and things will change for the better for us here because we will again have friends in other nations. I hope he is really really good at international diplomacy.

As for the "elect ability factor", right now I think Obama has a better shot than Hillary - polls are now showing this btw. Just "her" name brings out so many strong, emotional, negative, impulsive responses in certain people so inclined that these people would probably show up at the polls just to vote her down when otherwise they would just stay home. I hope the Dems are smart enough to realize this.

I will vote for Obama for all the above reasons and despite the fact that his speech at Key arena was whack, lacking alot of detail and generally sucked in comparison to Shrillary's (I give her credit for having better organization at this point). A president - is mostly a symbol, a figurehead - doesn't necessarily have to have all the answers though, nor all the details, he just aught to be able to inspire those around him. Right now Obama does that. Maybe the luster will wear off, probly will for sure. I hope that doesn't happen for a while though.

and so, because of Barack, I have hope