Wa State Caucus

olyclimber

WTF? I'm really not following you here, Fairweather. Do you think I'm really trying to "wiggle out" of your intensive questioning by saying that a noncitizen "doesn't" get a vote instead of saying they "shouldn't" get a vote? I clarified my post for you - and I did so even before you posted your follow up - but what exactly are you thinking here?

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd gladly weigh my record for posting "morally" or "about morality" on this website against yours, Mr. Fairweather,................ Do you think that liberals are more prone to cheating in elections than conservatives?

I put forward Maylou as exhibit A.

Casting a legal vote in a legal election is not cheating, genius. :rolleyes:

Actually, Marylou, I think it IS cheating if you vote in the Republican primary simply so that you can vote as a saboteur. It may not be "illegal" and it may be "common practice." But it is in my view an action based on a misrepresentation of your true intentions. In my book that is cheating. Now don't let Fairweather see me posting this, because he'll say I'm trying to impose my morality on him.

(That last is a cheap shot that I shouldn't have taken, I know. I'm actually on your side on this particular question, Mr. F.)

Edited by mattp

The only form of "vote fraud" you seem interested in pursuing or informing yourself about is the Diebold fantasy. Its not really possible to have a conversation about vote fraud with someone so..."focused" on one side of the issue.

Again, I don't understand you, Fairweather. Are you saying that we should use voting machines that can't produce a receipt and which have been shown easy to hack?

Actually, Marylou, I think it IS cheating if you vote in the Republican primary simply so that you can vote as a saboteur. It may not be "illegal" and it may be "common practice." But it is in my view an action based on a misrepresentation of your true intentions. In my book that is cheating. Now don't let Fairweather see me posting this, because he'll say I'm trying to impose my morality on him.

(That last is a cheap shot that I shouldn't have taken, I know. I'm actually on your side on this particular question, Mr. F.)

Real progress! I'm impressed. But if I give an inch here you'll throw it back in my face. So I shall remain steadfastly obnoxious toward you--even in the face of your conciliatory gesture. :cool:

Edited by Fairweather

The only form of "vote fraud" you seem interested in pursuing or informing yourself about is the Diebold fantasy. Its not really possible to have a conversation about vote fraud with someone so..."focused" on one side of the issue.

Again, I don't understand you, Fairweather. Are you saying that we should use voting machines that can't produce a receipt and which have been shown easy to hack?

No. I think opti-scan should be the legal standard. But that doesn't mean I think there has been fraud to date.

But that doesn't mean I think there has been fraud to date.

To follow your line of questioning, above: be clear here. Are you saying you don't think there has been any fraud? The difference in exit polls vs. Diebold results doesn't at least raise the question?

I think the wild (10+ percentage point!) inaccuracy of recent primary polling has exploded the myth of reliable exit polls. Again; I do not trust or like touchscreen voting concepts. Optical Scan should be law in all 50 states. Do your suspicions extend to vote-by-mail? Seems to me this has at least as much potential for fraud.

Two things:

Voting is still regulated by states. I'd assume (perhaps incorrectly) that a states' right-er would want to keep it that way.

Vote by mail has been proven time and again to be a very vulnerable method. I'm not sure why people don't seem to be concerned about that.

I'm also not sure why I bother to respond to stupid questions put out by our resident genius. Hardly worth the time. FW, you really ought to become better-informed before discussing politics.

OK, so to follow your tactic above I should point out that you have not answered my question. I'll let that slide, though, and answer yours: yes I am also concerned about voting by mail. I'm not sure what to make of it, but it seems inherently untrustworthy.

I don't know if there has been fraud directly related to touch screen. There is anecdote, but absent any proven case, it has to be assumed not. I will say that I would like to see the punishment for vote-fraud much, much more severe, and to include persons casting multiple votes, votes of the deceased, ghost voter registrations, etc. As for 'vote-suppression', while abhorrent it still remains the responsibility of each voter to know where and when to cast their ballot. Availability of polling places should follow a strict by-population density formula that is uniform nation-wide.

Two things:

Voting is still regulated by states. I'd assume (perhaps incorrectly) that a states' right-er would want to keep it that way.

Vote by mail has been proven time and again to be a very vulnerable method. I'm not sure why people don't seem to be concerned about that.

I'm also not sure why I bother to respond to stupid questions put out by our resident genius. Hardly worth the time. FW, you really ought to become better-informed before discussing politics.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

...this coming from someone who doesn't even know when election day is? :rolleyes:

Federalization.

Spoken like a true

old-school Democrat

For being a self-proclaimed "smart person", your critical thinking abilities really aren't up to snuff.

Careful, they'll vote you out of Mensa.

You should talk. I'd rate you at about a 20 watt bulb.

So, what's on your tick list for this year?

Two things:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

...this coming from someone who doesn't even know when election day is? :rolleyes:

Oh, it's much worse than that. I often don't even know what day of the week it is.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with working a completely erratic schedule for most of my life.

Federalization.

Spoken like a true

old-school Democrat

For being a self-proclaimed "smart person", your critical thinking abilities really aren't up to snuff.

Careful, they'll vote you out of Mensa.

"Federalism" is a Hamiltonian concept--not Jeffersonian. The "old school Democrats" you speak of were the states-righters! You seem to have your history a bit askew, darling. Do you really want to go down this road with me?

You should talk. I'd rate you at about a 20 watt bulb.

So, what's on your tick list for this year?

Right now, learning how to walk without pain and paying off my medical bills.

I'm recovering from surgery, so my goals are pretty modest.

And this has to do with the caucuses how? Your outrageous leaps of logic defy even the time/space continuum.

Excuses?

Yeah, having half your Achilles removed for surgery is real easy to bounce right back from. So is having a chisel inserted in your subtalar joint, and having your doc cut through a decade of scar tissue and scrape bone matter of the front of your talus.

Really, it's a cinch--have it done and see how quick your slinging Cornelius kegs of soda pop off your truck. Or whatever you do with soda pop. Making kids into diabetics before their time.

Race you up Tiger after!