My ultimate dream is being unsatisfied...help!!

Darasius

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since everyone is trying their absolute hardest to provoke a reaction from me, allow me to provide some (even further) clarification.

1. I have no car. Therefore I have no convenient means of transportation. In order to climb, I have to kind of get to my outdoor destinations of choice. As a result, most times I'm stuck wanting to go on adventures but realizing that (gasp!!) I have no way to get there!!! Which makes it essential that I meet people and organize trips with them.

2. If I could, I would do this on my own. I would get out there, practice and climb until I die of exhaustion because I freaking LOVE it so much. I live for it, and being stuck in school is not making me a very happy camper.

3. I do not get along with people too well, and I am kind of a shy person, so I view this forum as a way in which I could get my word out there and maybe get in touch with some people in my area or nearby that want to organize trips. As long as we have a shared purpose(to climb mountains), I can get along with people just fine. Also, the biggest point to me posting in this forum is to get advice and suggestions. I know its stupid to meet random strangers and then venture out into the middle of wilderness with them, but my objective is to organize trips with small expedition teams(4-5 members). That way if one of them ends up being some creepy weirdo sort, chances are some other people in the group will intervene and protect me. I have no intention or desire to venture out with some random stranger alone. Also, I usually meet any potential climbing buddies locally so I can get to know them, discuss plans with them, and go for a run to see where we both stand in terms of fitness ability, before I proceed further.

4. I will never actually go travel to meet some stranger who is not local and who offers climbing opportunities. Because think of it logically, what makes me think that I upon meeting this "helpful/generous" guy, that he wont have entirely different motives in mind. And I can just see myself now, eager to go tackle some peaks, and instead I get a sly evil pervy grin from him and the single remark "well, lets drive to my house so we can have sex" yea, real pleasant situation!!

5. I am not faking anything, this is not a joke. And please do not compare me to stupid pathetic flakers like that cindy whatever chick. I have no idea who the hell she is and have no interest in hearing about her aimless attemps to seduce some random dudes on this site. The objective is extremely crystal clear for me and let me spell it out for you: I WANT TO CLIMB MOUNTAINS. If you ever want to meet up with me, that is all you will ever hear or get from me. I mean, you have to be kidding me??? I am DEAD SET determined, focused and do not play around with me on here, as I am not trying to do so to others. Ever since about 5 years ago, I have set off on local adventures by myself, wandering the central coast rocky and rugged beaches during times of low tide for extremely long distances, oftentimes all day-and oftentimes requiring some rock climbing ability just to get from one beach to the next one. I have hiked and jogged and scrambled my way up multiple local mountains, gone on 9 mile runs regularly(I just started this about 3 months ago and currently suffering from a knee injury), wandering very long stretches of sandy beaches, exploring distant locations that take hours of stomping through the sand and up high dunes, and basically strenghtening and strenghtening myself even further because I know this is ESSENTIAL for my future mountaineering goals. I love every moment that I am out there, but at this point in my life I am looking for more challenge and want to start learning how to successfully perform and complete the more technical routes that involve gear use. Instruction and demonstration and practice come into play here. Meeting more experiencing climbers provides a very good opportunity to not only connect with fellow enthusiasts, but to gain the valuable knowledge and skill required for this sport at a lower cost, than to say, enroll in classes. The oftentimes structured nature of official outdoor courses do not appeal to me. They are valuable, but I want to just be out there not having to wait around for other (sometimes more weak participants) before I get my turn. And then if the desire seizes me, I want to just do as I please and run off and try my hand at some other route or trail and to increase my pace as desired without having to be shouted at that I can't "break away from the group". I know this may appear contradictory, that I am both looking to create expedition groups, and that I want to do things my way. I understand that enrolling in classes would be a good opportunity to meet people that are a good match to my strength and ability, but they cost unecessary amounts of money when I can get the same type of instruction from more experienced climbers who I can go on trips with.

6. At this time, I have signed up for a trip to climb Mt. San Gorgonio through outdoorsclub.org. I have been keeping in touch with the trip coordinator and he seems to be very helpful about it. Also I will get at least SOME winter climbing experience before I try to advance to more difficult tasks, such as Mt. Shasta and others.

I also plan to go to the local outdoors gear store called REI sometime this week to learn more about winter climbing gear, to discuss what gear would be needed for a safe climb, and for other just general discussions about weather conditions, and see what recommendations they give me.

My school offers some outdoor adventure trips, but they are pretty wussie and too easy. Honestly. I have tried to go over and talk to them to suggest trips that could be organized for more experienced hikers like me, but they seem to not listen and not care much for what I have to say. I am an experienced hiker, but I have not done any winter climbing, and I want to get into climbing higher and higher mountains.

None of the above story is fabricated, I am a genuine honest person with a true passion, trying to do what I can to make my dream a possiblity.

Also, the whole "ultimate dream" thing is obviously used for the whole "rhetoric effect" purpose to exaggerate my point in order to bring attention to it....

And I am studying Philosophy, I am a rare breed of the intellectual/adventurer sort. Try to find one of those around!! You wont!

Anyone read all this shit? I didn't make it past #2.

No wonder you don't get along with people. You are fucking boring.

Since everyone is trying their absolute hardest to provoke a reaction from me, allow me to provide some (even further) clarification.

1. I have no car. Therefore I have no convenient means of transportation. In order to climb, I have to kind of get to my outdoor destinations of choice. As a result, most times I'm stuck wanting to go on adventures but realizing that (gasp!!) I have no way to get there!!! Which makes it essential that I meet people and organize trips with them.

2. If I could, I would do this on my own. I would get out there, practice and climb until I die of exhaustion because I freaking LOVE it so much. I live for it, and being stuck in school is not making me a very happy camper.

3. I do not get along with people too well, and I am kind of a shy person, so I view this forum as a way in which I could get my word out there and maybe get in touch with some people in my area or nearby that want to organize trips. As long as we have a shared purpose(to climb mountains), I can get along with people just fine. Also, the biggest point to me posting in this forum is to get advice and suggestions. I know its stupid to meet random strangers and then venture out into the middle of wilderness with them, but my objective is to organize trips with small expedition teams(4-5 members). That way if one of them ends up being some creepy weirdo sort, chances are some other people in the group will intervene and protect me. I have no intention or desire to venture out with some random stranger alone. Also, I usually meet any potential climbing buddies locally so I can get to know them, discuss plans with them, and go for a run to see where we both stand in terms of fitness ability, before I proceed further.

4. I will never actually go travel to meet some stranger who is not local and who offers climbing opportunities. Because think of it logically, what makes me think that I upon meeting this "helpful/generous" guy, that he wont have entirely different motives in mind. And I can just see myself now, eager to go tackle some peaks, and instead I get a sly evil pervy grin from him and the single remark "well, lets drive to my house so we can have sex" yea, real pleasant situation!!

5. I am not faking anything, this is not a joke. And please do not compare me to stupid pathetic flakers like that cindy whatever chick. I have no idea who the hell she is and have no interest in hearing about her aimless attemps to seduce some random dudes on this site. The objective is extremely crystal clear for me and let me spell it out for you: I WANT TO CLIMB MOUNTAINS. If you ever want to meet up with me, that is all you will ever hear or get from me. I mean, you have to be kidding me??? I am DEAD SET determined, focused and do not play around with me on here, as I am not trying to do so to others. Ever since about 5 years ago, I have set off on local adventures by myself, wandering the central coast rocky and rugged beaches during times of low tide for extremely long distances, oftentimes all day-and oftentimes requiring some rock climbing ability just to get from one beach to the next one. I have hiked and jogged and scrambled my way up multiple local mountains, gone on 9 mile runs regularly(I just started this about 3 months ago and currently suffering from a knee injury), wandering very long stretches of sandy beaches, exploring distant locations that take hours of stomping through the sand and up high dunes, and basically strenghtening and strenghtening myself even further because I know this is ESSENTIAL for my future mountaineering goals. I love every moment that I am out there, but at this point in my life I am looking for more challenge and want to start learning how to successfully perform and complete the more technical routes that involve gear use. Instruction and demonstration and practice come into play here. Meeting more experiencing climbers provides a very good opportunity to not only connect with fellow enthusiasts, but to gain the valuable knowledge and skill required for this sport at a lower cost, than to say, enroll in classes. The oftentimes structured nature of official outdoor courses do not appeal to me. They are valuable, but I want to just be out there not having to wait around for other (sometimes more weak participants) before I get my turn. And then if the desire seizes me, I want to just do as I please and run off and try my hand at some other route or trail and to increase my pace as desired without having to be shouted at that I can't "break away from the group". I know this may appear contradictory, that I am both looking to create expedition groups, and that I want to do things my way. I understand that enrolling in classes would be a good opportunity to meet people that are a good match to my strength and ability, but they cost unecessary amounts of money when I can get the same type of instruction from more experienced climbers who I can go on trips with.

6. At this time, I have signed up for a trip to climb Mt. San Gorgonio through outdoorsclub.org. I have been keeping in touch with the trip coordinator and he seems to be very helpful about it. Also I will get at least SOME winter climbing experience before I try to advance to more difficult tasks, such as Mt. Shasta and others.

I also plan to go to the local outdoors gear store called REI sometime this week to learn more about winter climbing gear, to discuss what gear would be needed for a safe climb, and for other just general discussions about weather conditions, and see what recommendations they give me.

My school offers some outdoor adventure trips, but they are pretty wussie and too easy. Honestly. I have tried to go over and talk to them to suggest trips that could be organized for more experienced hikers like me, but they seem to not listen and not care much for what I have to say. I am an experienced hiker, but I have not done any winter climbing, and I want to get into climbing higher and higher mountains.

None of the above story is fabricated, I am a genuine honest person with a true passion, trying to do what I can to make my dream a possiblity.

Also, the whole "ultimate dream" thing is obviously used for the whole "rhetoric effect" purpose to exaggerate my point in order to bring attention to it....

And I am studying Philosophy, I am a rare breed of the intellectual/adventurer sort. Try to find one of those around!! You wont!

There are guys out there who want to read a page of text telling them how they are not going to get laid, I'm sure of it.

I have hiked and jogged and scrambled my way up multiple local mountains, gone on 9 mile runs regularly(I just started this about 3 months ago and currently suffering from a knee injury), wandering very long stretches of sandy beaches, exploring distant locations that take hours............

Sadly, I am reading all this $hit. It's almost unbelievable... I like the knee injury excuse best.

HAhahah are you fucking serious?! hahaha what about all the crap concerning sex crazed men and pervs trying to get you into their tents... Posting pictures of your body parts PROBABLY isn't the best way to avoid that. sorry sorry i was trying SOOO so so hard not to become a sprayer but this finaly did me in... as they say in spanish lo siento. i hope you learn alot but seriously? such contradictories...