Rain in August is like

Rad

a cloud of mosquitoes buzzing and biting when you're trying to belay on a small ledge...

heavy, warm rain in the mountains in January right before your long-planned trip to Whistler...

crying kids needing attention when you and your SO are just starting to get into some really nice adult activities...

OK, your turn to lament the crappy climbing weather!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"2nd son" is home from Japan - for a while. Hasn't seen us for a year.

I had plans to go get some.

Then I saw the rain and wet streets this am. Now I look like a responsible and loving father...being the family man.

Sometimes it just works out, It's not like I haven't gotten some climbing in yet:-) Shit, I think a rest day may even have been needed.

It's all good.

start early and finish early. thats just a guess on what it might do, who really knows...hopefully it snows a little here and there and some waterfalls freeze up for a day or two ;)

Dan and Blake...details doods, how far did you guys get, what did you guys get to climb??

all this crappy weather this summer....any thoughts on what this winter will be like?

I predict an early winter, cold november and december possibly. As for the rain goes. I do not mind it, it keeps the californians away? well maybe hehe

Rain in August :tup: …welcome to the real Washington

Rain :rawk:it's sooo refreshing

When I hear rain drops hit’n the roof I always think of it as the sound of californacators and colomofo’s feet running back to cali and colorado :tup: :tup:

Yep Oregon too. I don't mind the rain. it means i get to stay home and eat icecream. it means i don't have to turn on the hose to water the stoopid grass. it means i don't mind being at work and that my house gets clean for the first time all summer. it means it is a good day to go for an easy hike some place where i can listen to the raindrops and the wind in the trees and smell air that is so fresh it makes me want to do a little *happy dance* while i am walking around.

I love the PNW :moondance:

Guess you guys are just a bunch of moss-hugging smiley faces. I grew up on the East Coast and love the cool damp air, but I also love to climb dry rocks...

Thats mossyback hardmen(or hardwomen)I hate it when it gets dry, the moss on my back starts to crack and gets all ichy.

a cloud of mosquitoes buzzing and biting when you're trying to belay on a small ledge...

heavy, warm rain in the mountains in January right before your long-planned trip to Whistler...

crying kids needing attention when you and your SO are just starting to get into some really nice adult activities...

OK, your turn to lament the crappy climbing weather!

I thought "rain in august" is like rain on your wedding day....or ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife.