This is how democracy dies...

Fairweather

I've been posting articles regarding Chavez and his ever-tightening grip on Venezuela for years now and have been regularly poo-poo'ed by the usual lefty suspects here on this site. "But he's elected! He's for the people! He's better than what he replaced!" Yea, right. Any fool could have seen this coming - and those who didn't don't deserve to rant about any phantom menace they see here at home vis a vis George W Bush. Gimme a break. Willing idiots. You can't claim to stand for liberty and continue make excuses for "elected" dictators like Chavez - or claim not to have read the writing on the wall long ago.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6948872.stm

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been posting articles regarding Chavez and his ever-tightening grip on Venezuela for years now and have been regularly poo-poo'ed by the usual lefty suspects here on this site. "But he's elected! He's for the people! He's better than what he replaced!" Yea, right. Any fool could have seen this coming - and those who didn't don't deserve to rant about any phantom menace they see here at home vis a vis George W Bush. Gimme a break. Willing idiots. You can't claim to stand for liberty and continue make excuses for "elected" dictators like Chavez - or claim not to have read the writing on the wall long ago.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6948872.stm

What the hell you talkin about? We all really care. We hear that this fucker controls some of our oil now, in fact they are our 3 rd largest import country for oil.

Isn't this dude like Ceasear Chavez's brother or something?

Where is this f*ing rat hole anyway? I think I remember it from risk, it's by Irkutz isn't it?

Kamchetka?

Do we like this guy? Of course not. Should we start a war or use subversion to get rid of him? No. We tried that with Allende and we got Augusto Pinochet.

The US should avoid meddling in South American countries, as much as we'd like to.

Maybe its not so much that we shouldn't be involved with SA countries as we happen to have our hands full right now.

THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE!

dec1_wto_seattle.jpg

I lived on one end of town (Queene Anne) and worked on the other (down by the Columbia Tower....thats what I remember...people chanting "THIS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE" and of course choppers till the early morning.

And maybe you were with those freaks from Oregon who decided that everything in the storefront windows was free. Hell that democracy too, break windows and take what you want. Throw shit at Police. Don't think for a second the demostrators were inoccent. They wanted to be on TV.

Difference is in China they shot you. Here most got away and the bad apples got let go.

Edited by Seahawks

Do we like this guy? Of course not. Should we start a war or use subversion to get rid of him? No. We tried that with Allende and we got Augusto Pinochet.

The US should avoid meddling in South American countries, as much as we'd like to.

Maybe its not so much that we shouldn't be involved with SA countries as we happen to have our hands full right now.

I know what this guy would do. :tup:

teddy_roosevelt.jpg

dec1_wto_seattle.jpg

I lived on one end of town (Queene Anne) and worked on the other (down by the Columbia Tower....thats what I remember...people chanting "THIS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE" and of course choppers till the early morning.

And maybe you were with those freaks from Oregon who decided that everything in the storefront windows was free. Hell that democracy too, break windows and take what you want. Throw shit at Police. Don't think for a second the demostrators were inoccent. They wanted to be on TV.

Um, that is anarchy, NOT democracy.

dec1_wto_seattle.jpg

Um, that is anarchy, NOT democracy.

Duh lol I was messing with him.

Those people were intent on getting into restricted areas. Far as I'm concerned they were law breakers. Plus 95% of them were not even from Washington.

Edited by Seahawks