¿puǝʞǝǝʍ sıɥʇ op noʎ pıp ʇɐɥʍ

Alpinfox

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Cleaned and followed Ujhan up a new crack route at the Twilight Zone Sunday which we named "The Short Bus". 10b/c, probably over 5.11 till it gets fully cleaned off, good pro.

A retarded little climb that took a lot of work. Ujahn was climbing strong! His lead:-)

Ujahn_FA_of_The_Short_Bus_Twilight_Zone_Aug_26th.jpg

Maybe a bit runout to the first piece but easy climbing there, @ 20 feet and he tied a runner to that tree root.

runout_to_first_piece.jpg

Killed some wasps on the way in there, trundled 2 blocks that weighed maybe 400-600 lbs each and they flew nicely.

Cleaned off 90% of another route and am wondering if it needs a bolt, or if I should pull it using the 2 pieces at my knee, or just lead with an ankle breaking ledge fall (assuming the pieces hold) and call it a day.

I'm OK with taking the shot - for myself, but was wondering about others. Pretty much 80% decided on the bolt. Might lead it then bolt it for everyone else.

Edited to add pics Tara sent over.

Went to a reunion with some old high school friends who periodically get together to touch base, drink beer and eat, eat , eat: and drink some more. Amazing how old and out of shape folks are getting....amazing.

Drank too much. Ate too much.

Edited by billcoe

Sunday I got a lot of stuff done. I ran stairs then Porter helped me put a new power supply in my computer. After that I went to dinner with my parents and borrowed a bunch of pictures, some of which you can see in the BC forum. I was up till 1AM getting my dad's story to pdf format and posted on CC. Porter and cj were a ton of help on that.