Quadrant Homes

cj001f

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope - what you want might not be available, and you have to settle for what you can get, which does not satisfy you.

whether it is your first choice or your last choice. if you buy it, you agree.

like climbing...once you tie in, you agree

WRONG!

No means no, but silence doesn't necessarily mean Yes.

no means no...means no agreement...means no sale

silence doesn't necessarily mean yes, with also means no sale.

yes means sale...means agreement

:battlecage:

Jay, when you come back (if you don't fall in love with the East coast as you seem to be doing), then there is a HUGE castle for you to move into that is nearly completed that is pressed right up against my property line, and even though the property was much lower in elevation than mine, then new fortress towers over my little squalid lean-to. In fact, the new colossal contribution to the Seattle's square footage fills its small lot right to the letter of what is permissible. The spacious spec manse is sure to meet your discerning tastes, and though cheaper material have been used in the construction, it LOOKS PRETTY GOOD and will surely fetch well over 600 to 700 thousand precious American Dollars.

Then, while you tower over my ramshackle Hoover Hut, you can enjoy what the world has be talking about....the comfort and amenities of Glorious West Seattle. Unmatched living close to all that Downtown Seattle has to offer (sporting events, world class entertainment, a newly expanded art museum, shopping, nightlife), but hurry back to West Seattle to browse the West Seattle Farmers Market where you'll walk with a bag of fresh produce while you sample delicious baked goods and exquisitely crafted handy work of local artisans. Then stroll into to Easy Street Records to hear the latest tunes while the strange but wonderfully coifed hipsters prepare expresso to your exacting standards. Run up to Metropolitan Market and get the rest of your gourmand cooking needs, and then finally retire to your castle and enjoy incredible views of Mt. Rainier and the Olympic Mountains. West Seattle will comfort and nurture, bringing meaning in your life when before there was none. It was give you a reason for being, shine your shoes, and walk the dog. It will put your future kids through college, give you massages after a long day at the office (hand release optional), and detail your car. West Seattle, oh GLORIOUS WEST SEATTLE!!!!111!!!!1

WOW PORTER THAT SOUNDS GREAT! TELL ME MORE!

Woah! I didn't expect this level of excitement over the Valhalla Known As West Seattle. This Hamlet, nestled on the East Shore of Elliot Bay features views of Mt. Baker, Mt. Rainier, the Brothers, Mt. Constance, Vashon Island, and of course the unmatched skyline of Downtown Seattle (including the Jewel of Seattle, AKA the Space Needle). West Seattle features a rich history, and being the Most Beautiful Area of the Puget Sound, attracted the very first settlers to the area. Where else an you get fried chicken in a historic log cabin, delight in the best vistas of the Olympic Peninsula, climb on the first artificial crag in the United States, gladhand with rock star neighbors, stroll through an unblemished coastal forest that features a wilderness field yet is right in the city, or bath in outdoor heated saltwater swimming pool? Where? I thought so! YES! Only Wonderful West Seattle. Come join us in unrivaled sumptuous living, found only in lifestyle magazines such as Martha Stewart Living and Dwell Magazine.

Nope - what you want might not be available, and you have to settle for what you can get, which does not satisfy you.

whether it is your first choice or your last choice. if you buy it, you agree.

like climbing...once you tie in, you agree

WRONG!

No means no, but silence doesn't necessarily mean Yes.

no means no...means no agreement...means no sale

silence doesn't necessarily mean yes, with also means no sale.

yes means sale...means agreement

:battlecage:

I shit in your soy latte while you aren't looking.

Since you don't stop me, you agree to consume it.

Therefore, a fecal-sprinkle soy latte is what you wanted.

If we actually end up in Seattle proper I'd probably look to live in the Phinney/Greenlake area since that's where our friends are, and then rent until the conditions in the mortgage/credit market are done working their magic.

Gordita's has to be at least as good as anything in White Center, especially when you take pric-per-unit-volume into account.

Well, the development aspect is one issue, but they're also a prime example of low bid = low quality. Production of those homes is all about downward price pressure on all the contractors involved, and what you get is the shoddiest product everyone can get away with in the least time available. You know, just like those Russian e-bay copies are much cheaper than Wild Country friends...

But hey, if you'd rather have a case of Schaefer than a six pack of Terminal Gravity, you might fit right in.

I've heard the same thing elsewhere about boom-time construction when labor and materials are tight in general, and publicly traded home-builders in particular. Ditto for a significant number of "flips." Who cares about the condition of the foundation, the plumbing, or the wiring if you've got stainless/granite in the kitchen?

If we actually end up in Seattle proper I'd probably look to live in the Phinney/Greenlake area since that's where our friends are, and then rent until the conditions in the mortgage/credit market are done working their magic.

Gordita's has to be at least as good as anything in White Center, especially when you take pric-per-unit-volume into account.

keeping waiting on that magic :grlaf:

Pssffffttt!!! Phinney Ridge??? Only Phools live on Phinney Ridge! AND! They are drastically over priced up there. Lets face it Jay, you'll find your marble countertops and stainless steel awaiting you in GLORIOUS WEST SEATTLE....AND they come with a foundation, wiring and plumbing too! It really comes down to a life style choice: Do you want to realize you dreams and live the life you deserve in West Seattle?...or do you want to shoehorn your existance into the pretentious yuppy enclave known as Phinny Phucking Ridge?

Seattle will probably always be expensive, especially the nicer neighborhoods that enable one to avoid commuter-hell, but conditions in the credit and loan underwriting markets are changing rather dramatically as we speak. This has been front page stuff in the financial press for months. Real estate may be local, but credit markets are global.

FIFA is about to become a mortgage lending acronym that is as ubiqitous and important as FICO.

Right now the chasm between the cost of renting and owning is magical enough for me, though.

Pssffffttt!!! Phinney Ridge??? Only Phools live on Phinney Ridge! AND! They are drastically over priced up there. Lets face it Jay, you'll find your marble countertops and stainless steel awaiting you in GLORIOUS WEST SEATTLE....AND they come with a foundation, wiring and plumbing too! It really comes down to a life style choice: Do you want to realize you dreams and live the life you deserve in West Seattle?...or do you want to shoehorn your existance into the pretentious yuppy enclave known as Phinny Phucking Ridge?

As long as someone more clever than myself has done the shoe-horning for me and puts their investment on the rental market I'll be happy.

Mmmm. Wingdome.

Uhm, Jay. We don't allow, er, your kind on Phinney Ridge. The Phinney Neighborhood Association and Phinney Neighbors for Peace and Justice carefully screen each applicant for philosophical and cultural suitability. That's how we maintain the most harmonious community environment the world has ever seen. I'm sure you understand.

You can still patronize our new farmer's market, of course.

I shamelessly despoiled the philosophical and cultural environment on Phinney from 02-04, and nearby Ballard in 97/98, so the damage is already done. If you look closely, you'll see subtle signs of contagion everywhere. Escape to West Seattle while you still can.

:lmao:

actually I already have a plan! i built a climbing wall outside and decided to put a HIGH ZOOT fancy dancy corregated roof on it. unfortunately, it also had the dynamic lift of an airplane wing and rattled apart. its looks pretty sweet now, and I plan on leaving it...along with the broken down VW bus and other white trash decorating elements such as old tires and random junk. i may be in the market for some good lawn art too. Hopefully it will cost the spec builder dude $50 grand on the price....and I don't care how much it goes for because I'm not moving right away, and the only thing it will result for me is higher taxes if my house value goes up.