Quadrant Homes

cj001f

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MOVE TO SEATTLE EVERYTHING IS PERFECT HERE AND THE HOMES ARE CHEAP AND THERE ARE TONS OF JOBS AND THERE IS NO TRAFFIC AND YOU WILL BECOME MORE FIT AND SMARTER AND TERRORISTS DONT ATTACK HERE AND CALIFORNIA IS TOO EXPENSIVE AND CROWDED FOR YOU ACT NOW DIE AND GO TO HEAVEN FOR ONLY $400,000 BEFORE THE BOOM IS OVER AND WE STOP BUILDING ALL OF THESE HOUSES!!!!!

MOVE TO SEATTLE EVERYTHING IS PERFECT HERE AND THE HOMES ARE CHEAP AND THERE ARE TONS OF JOBS AND THERE IS NO TRAFFIC AND YOU WILL BECOME MORE FIT AND SMARTER AND TERRORISTS DONT ATTACK HERE AND CALIFORNIA IS TOO EXPENSIVE AND CROWDED FOR YOU ACT NOW DIE AND GO TO HEAVEN FOR ONLY $400,000 BEFORE THE BOOM IS OVER AND WE STOP BUILDING ALL OF THESE HOUSES!!!!!

:lmao: great post!

Sounds like someone needs an urban loft with polished concrete floors, exposed steel beams, and lots of glass to glower and angst about the aesthetic predilections of the middle class in.

[Yelling through clenched teeth, pacing back and forth before expansive view of the Seattle Nightscape out the oversized windows, gesturing dramatically with half-full wine-glass after throwing the unsolicited catalog full of semi-custom floor plans with one, two, or....three car garage options into the brushed-matte stainless steel recycling bin in disgust]

"HAVE THESE PEOPLE NEVER HEARD OF LE-MOTHERFUCKING-CORBUSIER?"

Sounds like someone needs an urban loft with polished concrete floors, exposed steel beams, and lots of glass to glower and angst about the aesthetic predilections of the middle class in.

[Yelling through clenched teeth, pacing back and forth before expansive view of the Seattle Nightscape out the oversized windows, gesturing dramatically with half-full wine-glass after throwing the unsolicited catalog full of semi-custom floor plans with one, two, or....three car garage options into the brushed-matte stainless steel recycling bin in disgust]

"HAVE THESE PEOPLE NEVER HEARD OF LE-MOTHERFUCKING-CORBUSIER?"

Standing on concrete floors hurts my back....that's why I moved to Issaquah

quadrant homes doesn't pave seattle under.... people that buy quadrant homes pave seattle under...
No, the buyers do not in fact do any paving. They don't even pay for the paving. The building company paves, and then recoups its money by selling what it paved.

quadrant homes makes money on said people

True.

However:

qh.jpg

Hmm... let's see. "You can afford a new home." That's a pretty irresponsible blanket statement to make.

Sounds like quadrant homes makes money by manipulating said people.

Of course, buyer beware is business as usual and that's not about to change. We ought to end up a lot smarter as a people, if we spend most of our time trying to deceive each other. :tup:

edit: Notice also the prominent slot machine motif

Edited by ashw_justin

Being in the market for a home right now (as a matter of fact I'm going "shopping" after work today), I can certainly say that it is shocking how expensive everything is. I now sympathize with any first time buyers--I don't know how they could possibly get into the market (especially w/o using any crazy stupid loan schemes)

...it is shocking how expensive everything is. ...I don't know how they could possibly get into the market (especially w/o using any crazy stupid loan schemes)

But all those crazy stupid loan schemes are a significant contributing factor to those shockingly high house prices. Don't worry, though, all those stupid crazy loan schemes are also a significant contributing factor in the impending shocking reduction in house prices. If I was you, I'd wait before buying anything.

No, the buyers do not in fact do any paving. They don't even pay for the paving. The building company paves, and then recoups its money by selling what it paved.

so the selling of the paving doesn't pay for the paving?? huh??

they wouldn't pave unless there was a history of people buying the paving.

If by history you mean prediction, then sure, the company predicted that it could pave and sell, because people have been buying homes. But market history is only one factor that goes into sales predictions.

Are you suggesting that all of the money this company spent on the current project arose from profits from previous development projects? Or are you guessing? What if I guessed that instead, they just borrowed the money at a low interest rate, or garnered the funds from investors? The selling of the paving pays for the company/investors to reap profits. And do more paving... if they want to. But again: the homebuyer does not pave.

If by history you mean prediction, then sure, the company predicted that it could pave and sell, because people have been buying homes. But market history is only one factor that goes into sales predictions.

Are you suggesting that all of the money this company spent on the current project arose from profits from previous development projects? Or are you guessing? What if I guessed that instead, they just borrowed the money at a low interest rate, or garnered the funds from investors? The selling of the paving pays for the investors to reap profits. And do more paving... if they want to. But again: the homebuyer does not pave.

right...i agree..it is predictions and history. also, i'd agree that it is borrowed money.

again, you nailed it on the "...and do more paving..." cuz people paid them. if people stop paying, they stop paving.

right, the homebuyer is not out there with the tools paving - duh.

again, you nailed it on the "...and do more paving..." cuz people paid them. if people stop paying, they stop paving.

No... still no. You see, this company did all of the development of this project before any of its consumers dropped a dime. Sure, it occurred in a market context that makes it look as if it is circular... but it isn't. Capital->development->payoff is the pattern, but there is absolutely nothing that says the pattern must be a closed loop.

right, the homebuyer is not out there with the tools paving - duh.
Yes! The capitalist crux! The consumer is strictly a money-spending unit. The means of production must never fall into their hands! Profits would vanish! :o

What happens to companies that borrow money to produce something that consumers stop buying, or more likely, don't buy enough of at a price that's sufficient to pay off the loan and other expenses associated with producing/selling whatever they're in the business of producing/selling?

No... still no. You see, this company did all of the development of this project before any of its consumers dropped a dime. Sure, it occurred in a market context that makes it look as if it is circular... but it isn't. Capital->development->payoff is the pattern, but there is absolutely nothing that says the pattern must be a closed loop.

you've turned both the consumer and the developer into total mindless idiots.

they are both rational...

What happens to companies that borrow money to produce something that consumers stop buying, or more likely, don't buy enough of at a price that's sufficient to pay off the loan and other expenses associated with producing/selling whatever they're in the business of producing/selling?

Such companies pay dearly for misguided risk by tanking spectacularly and dying in a poof of shredded documents. The fittest investors jump ship and elude bankruptcy at the expense of the rest. :fahq: