I am a true patriot

sheaf_stout

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush is a mediocre president. He is surrounded by some opportunists who have abused his misguided personal loyalty. Nonetheless, he is responsible for their behavior. As modern presidents go, I would rate him as worse than Reagan, Bush Sr, JFK, Ford, - but better than Johnson, Carter, Nixon, Clinton.

You asked.

seems like the situation is setting up perfect for a grudge-fuck :)

so was anyone gonna disagree w/ the "bush is a bad president" thing then? the argument would seem then to be over just how bad he is then...

Yes, I disagree. As I've posted before I believe he is a mediocre president - right behind Bubba in the overall rankings. And I'm sure history will prove me right in a few years.

The discussion started with a question whether Cindy Sheehan is a patriot or a deranged sikko, and Fairweather and I got around to arguing whether the news media should be required to tell the truth. Bush is the worst president we've had since god-knows-who has been ceded long ago.

Carter was worse. Much worse.

Bush is a mediocre president. He is surrounded by some opportunists who have abused his misguided personal loyalty. Nonetheless, he is responsible for their behavior. As modern presidents go, I would rate him as worse than Reagan, Bush Sr, JFK, Ford, - but better than Johnson, Carter, Nixon, Clinton.

You asked.

Clinton was the best Republican president we've had since Eisenhower.

Bush has taken an opportunity to have the entire world stand with us in an effort to curb global terrorism and shredded it.

He lied to get us into this war that has made us less secure.

He has nearly broken our military

He has taken a huge surplus and turned it into a huge deficit.

He has trashed virtually all if not all treaties that dealt with arms control.

He has lied about global warming and refused to do anything about it.

He has allowed the military under his command to engage in torture, to the public embarrassment of the US.

He has run a machine more partisan perhaps than even the Nixon administration, leading to scandals over the operation of the Justice Department, outing of a CIA agent, manipulation of elections….

He has failed to accomplish his stated domestic agenda.

How is he not a bad president? How was Carter worse?

Bush has taken an opportunity to have the entire world stand with us in an effort to curb global terrorism and shredded it.

The world paid lip service and "commiserated" with us in public shows of political blathering/diplomatic double-talk. They would have done NOTHING of substance to help us in the "war against terror" (I hate that fucking term, BTW).

He lied to get us into this war that has made us less secure.

I call bullshit on both points.

He has nearly broken our military

Again, bullshit. Carter and Clinton caused true damage to our military. If anyone broke it, it was them. Bush 41 damaged it as well.

He has taken a huge surplus and turned it into a huge deficit.

Not the first deficit spender. Every president since LBJ or Nixon has done so. Clinton turned around but only through pressure of a Republican congress and by massively raising taxes.

And congress is equally complicit in all of Bush's budgets.

He has trashed virtually all if not all treaties that dealt with arms control.

Like the nuclear non-proliferation treaty? Seems he's been fighting for that quite consistently.

The point by point gets tiresome. The fact is you will not modify nor MODERATE your view points. Hyperbole and hysterionics does nothing to support your arguments. Bush is not THE WORST PRESIDENT EVER (wringing of hands, shrieking, pulling of hair). Get over it. You dislike him and everything he believes in. Maybe you hate him. And you fail to recognize that personal aversion induces a exagerrated, blurred view of him.

Most annoying is how you and the assclowns on this site assume that people who challenge or disagree with you, think they must take the exact opposite polar view, when, in fact, the evidence does not support this whatsoever. To whit, the view people who fall to the right of you on this site is not that BUSH IS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT whatsoever, but just ho-hum. And judged from an historical perspective, his actions are hardly out of the norm on anything you've cited. The only exception to this would be the principle of pre-emptive strike - which is huge. I'll grant that and that alone.

You are clearly delusional, and uninformed.

Take the Non-Proliferation Treaty, for example:

It is not the only arms control treaty. Bush withdrew from the ABM treaty, and I believe we have violated or said we would violate the Test Ban treaty, and chemical weapons treaty...

Under Article VI of the Treaty, the U.S. agreed "to pursue negotiations in good faith on effective measures relating to cessation of the nuclear arms race at an early date and to nuclear disarmament, and on a Treaty on general and complete disarmament under strict and effective international control."

Bush is waiving the NPT about when it comes to Iran, but ignoring it when it comes to us or to our buddies in Israel. Sure, nobody wants Iran to get nukes but it seems almost certain they are going to get them -- unless we invade I suppose -- along with any other nation that wants to spend the money. Our actions are weakening rather than strengthening the NPT.

---

Take Bush's lies to get us into the war:

If you deny he lied for this purpose, you are one of the last people anywhere who takes this position. Get your head out of the sand!

---

Or that we are less secure now than before invading Iraq:

Even the generals who are beholden to the President are saying this on a regular basis. Our military is worn out, we are stretched to the point where we would have a hard time responding to a crisis somewhere else, and we have given Al Queda a huge shot in the arm.

---

and on and on.

---

Get a grip!

AWOL Bush – ducks military duty

Rep Senate staff steal dems computer files

Bush changes open source law regarding past presidents to protect Daddy.

Botched terrorist arrests – Convirtino goes free, Padillia gets abused

Energy Task Force – oil companies write policy

Lied about going to war

Leaked CIA officer Valerie Plame to press

Too many environmental slimy things to count – consistent attempts to end run NEPA, Clean Air Act, etc.

Consistently post political hacks to important positions – see Michael Brown

Katrinia fiasco

Torture memo from Gonzales

Abu Graib

Gonzales attempts to bully Ascroft re: illegal wiretapping

Justice department defends Constitution, threaten to resign

Cheney makes millions via no-bid Halliburton contracts

$7 billion missing from Iraq

Most reconstruction efforts dismal

Tax cuts for rich at time of war

Turn surplus into huge deficits

Indian gaming scandal, Delay, Ralph Reed, Ney, Abramoff – blatant bribing, money laundering

Pentagon report says $61 million in charges by Halliburton, still investigating

Halliburton was dealing with Iran while Cheney CEO

Medicare law – give away to drug companies, real costs hidden, squashed by White House – a $50 billion white elephant

Pundits on Payroll – remember Armostrong Williams, paid to tout White House view. Also planted fake journalist in White House press corps.

Secret prisons and renditions- democracy rules!!

Illegal wiretapping and then Gonzales making an ass of himself in front of Congress – but he’s loyal.

Dropped the ball on Iran and North Korea

Alienated us from the world with his unilateral positions on everything – now they really do hates us.

Gitmo

The constant fear mongering

The constant attention to political gain rather than competent governance.

This could go on for a while -----

You are clearly delusional, and uninformed.

Take the Non-Proliferation Treaty, for example:

It is not the only arms control treaty. Bush withdrew from the ABM treaty, and I believe we have violated or said we would violate the Test Ban treaty, and chemical weapons treaty...

Under Article VI of the Treaty, the U.S. agreed "to pursue negotiations in good faith on effective measures relating to cessation of the nuclear arms race at an early date and to nuclear disarmament, and on a Treaty on general and complete disarmament under strict and effective international control."

Bush is waiving the NPT about when it comes to Iran, but ignoring it when it comes to us or to our buddies in Israel. Sure, nobody wants Iran to get nukes but it seems almost certain they are going to get them -- unless we invade I suppose -- along with any other nation that wants to spend the money. Our actions are weakening rather than strengthening the NPT.

---

Take Bush's lies to get us into the war:

If you deny he lied for this purpose, you are one of the last people anywhere who takes this position. Get your head out of the sand!

---

Or that we are less secure now than before invading Iraq:

Even the generals who are beholden to the President are saying this on a regular basis. Our military is worn out, we are stretched to the point where we would have a hard time responding to a crisis somewhere else, and we have given Al Queda a huge shot in the arm.

---

and on and on.

---

Get a grip!

dude, you are fucking nuts.

my advice is go cold turkey on the politics for a while

my very important opinions

must be held

until the page ain't so wide

no more

:)

bush better than clinton?

wow.

to misquote "supertroopers" -

clinton's sheenagins were cheeky and funny

bush's are cruel and tragic

bush better than clinton?

wow.

they'll be close in the rankings - the ones generated by presidential historians. you'll see.

here's wikipedia's version. you can dig deeper. Clinton is not too impressive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_United_States_Presidents

Edited by KaskadskyjKozak

Wow. Spray has one of its very own full-blown nut jobs -- one of the very few who still thinks Bush is cool. Last night I was reading the righties, and even a lot of those folks say Bush is ruining the country.

On WorldDailyNet, for example, I read an article that pointed to a decree made by Bush last month. As stated in the complaint from the right-wing, the new presidential directive (which was issued on May 9th and is published on the website of the United States White House) asserts the president can and will, under provisions of the Patriot and Homeland Security Acts, legally assume complete dictatorial power over the government and exert full command authority over the private sector any time he wants to -- needless to say, it's not only liberals who find such a decree objectionable, just as it's not only liberals who can see Bush has been a disaster for America and the world.

But our own KK continues as though possessed. Delusional to the end, veritably foaming at the mouth like a shaman over-dosed on peyote, soma, or what have you, KK is inscrutable in his devotion to anything Neocon, albeit masquerading under the banner of the Republicans.

Predictably, some will view KK's fanatacism as a dubious distinction at best, and one of no real value to Spray. But I say if that doesn't impress you, then consider this: Stock picks and weather reports aside, you can always trust KK to be KK.

Just wind him up, and let him go. (Demonstrations available on request.)

Edited by Crux

i'd still like to hold onto this dream though

that the brilliance of our elocution can change minds

make allies of enemies

calling those who disagree with us dipshits

perpetuates our problems

gandhi is done :)

to misquote "supertroopers" -

clinton's sheenagins were cheeky and funny...

Like this:

train2.jpg

Or this:

top.sudan.industry.jpg

He didn't seem to care much about Africans either:

rwandabodies2.jpg

Real funny, cheeky guy, he:

Rivero_clinton.jpg

As a pretext for invasion/bombardment, he lied about "10,000" ethnic Albanians killed in Kosovo by Serbs, but ignored over 800,000 killed in Rwanda.

lemme see - the first pic is serbia?

that wasn't something we wanted to be part of? perhaps a lesson learned -

that ignoring the rwandan genocide was stupid?

is it how many were killed that you say was in question?

the second photo i'm not so sure of - that the drug company that the feds said was actually making weapons?

i don't remember the details - and i don't mind zapping suspected terrorists or training camps, which i know he did in afghan.

the third - obviously rwanda:

here's where clinton differs from bush

he admits that he dropped the ball big-time on that one

has bush even hinted that his handling of iraq, afghanistan, 9/11 might also be colossal fuckups?

did he trash the international reputation of the usa?

walk away from the mideast peace process?

return to deficit spending?

throw away 3500 us lives on a futile cause?

get elected by appealing to the american inclination to hate fags, feminists and foreigners?

maybe he was even as fucked up and full of shit as bush, but christ, at least he could explain it coherently

Wow. Spray has one of its very own full-blown nut jobs -- one of the very few who still thinks Bush is cool. Last night I was reading the righties, and even a lot of those folks say Bush is ruining the country.

On WorldDailyNet, for example, I read an article that pointed to a decree made by Bush last month. As stated in the complaint from the right-wing, the new presidential directive (which was issued on May 9th and is published on the website of the United States White House) asserts the president can and will, under provisions of the Patriot and Homeland Security Acts, legally assume complete dictatorial power over the government and exert full command authority over the private sector any time he wants to -- needless to say, it's not only liberals who find such a decree objectionable, just as it's not only liberals who can see Bush has been a disaster for America and the world.

But our own KK continues as though possessed. Delusional to the end, veritably foaming at the mouth like a shaman over-dosed on peyote, soma, or what have you, KK is inscrutable in his devotion to anything Neocon, albeit masquerading under the banner of the Republicans.

Predictably, some will view KK's fanatacism as a dubious distinction at best, and one of no real value to Spray. But I say if that doesn't impress you, then consider this: Stock picks and weather reports aside, you can always trust KK to be KK.

Just wind him up, and let him go. (Demonstrations available on request.)

You just proved the point I made in my reply to mattp, you stupid left-wing nutjob.

Because I reject your hysterical hyperbole about how evil and bad Bush is, does not make me a "diehard Bush lover", devotee of "Neocon" philosophy or anything else you state in your blathering diatribe. My comments about him have been nothing but lukewarm at best.

You are a perfect example of how Bush hating fanatism has driven many on "your side" beyond pure irrationality and into mental insanity. :fahq: