Let's see those trip reports

billcoe

I recently found that someone had posted old photos of mine in some of the climbing area stuff on RC.com, though they did have the good grace to credit me on one of them. I thought about commenting, but word on the street is that the guy is a bit of a psycho stalker, so I thought better.

Thing is, if you post your stuff on the internet and it's not digitally watermarked or some such stuff, it sort of becomes community property. It's nice to get points for your work, but unless you're making money with it you don't have grounds for a substantial complaint. I have no idea who created my avatar pic, though I have become rather attached to it.

I think the sloppy laissez-faire nature of this internet jive just makes for a richer more entertaining environment. At least Backpackerjoe wasn't trying to claim the image (itself a modification of someone's commerical work) as his own creation.

I suspect Erik just doesn't like having his work linked with Walmart adoration. :laf: What was your original title for the thread E?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myabe you should get consent. You do realize this thread is hotlinked over at CC? Most of them aren't very bright, but eventually they'll figure out the labeling feature.

WTF!!! THIS IS A CALL TO ARM BITCHES. FULL ON WAR. F'ING HIKERS. PREPARE TO BOARD, NO PRISONERS!

Maybe I shouldn't say this, but it is kind of funny.

ML sent Jon and Tim a request to be put on as a moderator on this site back a while ago. She said she liked this place so much she just wanted to donate her services to the board.

She has so much to give, and she could be giving it to us instead of NWHikers :cry::grlaf:

WENT TO WALMART THE OTHER DAY. THEY HAVE SOME PRETTY SWEET HIKING SUPPLIES. MY GPS TOLD ME I WAS AT 500 FEET ELEVATION. I GOT LOST IN THE WOMAN'S LINGERIE DEPARTMENT, BUT LUCKILY I HAD AN MLU, SO I CALLED IN THE NATIONAL GUARD AND DUG A SNOWCAVE TILL THEY ARRIVED.

walmart.jpg

Maybe I shouldn't say this, but it is kind of funny.

ML sent Jon and Tim a request to be put on as a moderator on this site back a while ago. She said she liked this place so much she just wanted to donate her services to the board.

She has so much to give, and she could be giving it to us instead of NWHikers :cry::grlaf:

:lmao: you are killin me! Thats classic! With the "power ;) " of being a mod she would ban and run off any chick who actually climbs and post trs! She can't handle another chick climbing getting more attention than the QUEEN of the key board.

OOPSY there I go again... :blush:

Edited by JayB

naw there was another one telling trashtarttina that "he didn't care about what 'people on the internet' thought of him".

Actually it was a question as to why he thinks I should change my name. But then I thought about it, and changing my name to hide my identity would be just as low as ML going to another site to talk shit behind my back. And yeah, I could care less what people on the internet think about me. I use the web as a tool, not as a support group. I deleted that post because any response would have been irrelevant.

When most folks around here fill in the missing vowels & consonants in your name, we come up with MountainWanker. Maybe that's what you intend, so there's no need to change your name? I think carting your own "name" from site to site can be a good thing, at least it's the same entity standing behind what they spray on the net. Certainly there's a lot of cross pollination, both on the regional outdoors level and climbing boards in general.

I'd give Tazz-the-nwhikers-moderator some grief for being so immoderate on another board, but seeing as how I've been accused of that myself, it would be strictly a tongue in cheek that joke few would get.

When most folks around here fill in the missing vowels & consonants in your name, we come up with MountainWanker. Maybe that's what you intend, so there's no need to change your name? I think carting your own "name" from site to site can be a good thing, at least it's the same entity standing behind what they spray on the net. Certainly there's a lot of cross pollination, both on the regional outdoors level and climbing boards in general.

I'd give Tazz-the-nwhikers-moderator some grief for being so immoderate on another board, but seeing as how I've been accused of that myself, it would be strictly a tongue in cheek that joke few would get.

I can't believe someone actually had to explain the joke to it...

I gave up my mod spot over there, just so I could call her out :grin: . It was worth it it! Been wanting to say this for the 2 years she has been trying to run me off, just cause I climb and she sits on a key board. She posted, opening the door for me to walk in and I did. Kinda sorry if I did it soooo loudly :blush: .

I gave up my mod spot over there, just so I could call her out :grin: . It was worth it it! Been wanting to say this for the 2 years she has been trying to run me off, just cause I climb and she sits on a key board. She posted, opening the door for me to walk in and I did. Kinda sorry if I did it soooo loudly :blush: .

And we're kinda sorry you need to get a life so badly.

Tazz-the-nwhikers-moderator

To clarify, Tazz is not a moderator at NWH. She decided she didn't need the hassle of moderating or the constant second guessing by wannabe refs. Not that it needs much moderation apart from those who seem to be a problem no matter what forum they post in. Sorry for the intrusion.

Edited by tomdav

Tazz-the-nwhikers-moderator

To clarify, Tazz is not a moderator at NWH. She decided she didn't need the hassle of moderating or constant second guessing by wannabe refs. Not that it needs much moderation apart from those who seem to be problems no matter what forum they post in. Sorry for the intrusion.

Yeah, that global warming thread that got locked. TOO CONTROVERSIAL! If the site was any more moderated, it could double as a corporate problem resolution seminar.

Great marmot photos, though.