SUSHI

E-rock

Who loves it?

Who plans on giving it up, because if'n we don't change our consumption habits soon, we won't be making the choice for ourselves.

I love sushi more than any other food, and I've fought with the ethical dilemma of eating fish for over 10 years, abstaining for long periods, but always being drawn back. I never imagined in my idealistic 20's that the oceans could be decimated as rapidly as they have been in the last ten years.

Will the story of wild fish, for example the famous "Copper River Salmon" (which I buy the day after it's caught in Alaska, all the way over here in New York) be a fairy tale we tell our children?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is BS, BS, and more BS.

First of all I must tell you all that I am 46 and I first had Sushi when I was 17 and living in Japan.

My absolute favorite is HON-TORO which you can not find out side of Japan. That is the very fatty belly of the tuna.

Now for the reason I call out BS.

SOME, not all, but some of the oceans are in declining stocks.

The news media has failed to report that in Alaska fish are NOT endangered, nor are they threatened.

The famed copper river salmon, oh BTW fishing will open on May 14, 2007, so go buy it when it gets to the stores on May 15, is managed using scientific methodologies where SUSTAINABILITY is the primary focus.

That is the only reason we still have a Copper River salmon fishery.

It really pisses me off that our fish harvested in Alaska is properly managed with sustainability as the driving force, but that never makes the press.

Oh, yeah, I do work in the industry…

thanks--typo. Even when I was in Japan they still gave me the damn dead fish. I love it. yum. happiness is a dead fish.

yes, yes it is. i have never been to japan but i love love love love love sushi and sashimi

thanks--typo. Even when I was in Japan they still gave me the damn dead fish. I love it. yum. happiness is a dead fish.

yes, yes it is. i have never been to japan but i love love love love love sushi and sashimi

When I was in Tokyo in October we went to a small sushi place where you could pick the fish from an aquarium and they'd fillet it and serve it still twitching. I have video of a buddy eating some fresh sushi with the donor fish still moving its mouth while displayed on the plate.

When I was in Tokyo in October we went to a small sushi place where you could pick the fish from an aquarium and they'd fillet it and serve it still twitching. I have video of a buddy eating some fresh sushi with the donor fish still moving its mouth while displayed on the plate.

i am not sure if that is more gross or more coool :tup: WOW