Christian Climbers.

gforceclimber

Get rich mega churches are what you base your decision on for spiritual issues? Forget the facade, check the heart. If I base all of humanity on you or on myself, then I have just proven ignorance at it's highest state, and that I am not as free as I thought I wss. Alright...gotta go. Climbing awaits. V13's Baby!! Wait, that was just a dream...try V3

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tvash revealed he was Irish

Tvashtarkatena ag ól uisce beatha, Tá mé ólta.

Fucks sake, I'm not THAT Irish, man! I've got a wee bit of viking in me, and thank god; otherwise I'd be 5 foot 4, teeth like an old picket fence, and a nose like a Marashino cherry.

Wait...that describes the better part of my immediate family.

I am full blood Irish as well.

I know plenty of good irish catholics who don't believe in a god.

Do any catholics?

St. Francis Solano School, all eight grades, baby.

Your adze-hole must be sore.

That's no joke. I never had a problem, but at least four boys in my class (and there were only ten) were sexually abused by priests at our CYO camp, which I also attended. I learned this decades later, long after the four priests responsible were convicted, but these were the very same guys that had be biggest behavioral problems. They were all good friends of mine. THAT pisses me off.

Dude - that is seriously fucked up. My personal church experience growing was generally positive, and has certainly influenced the way I interpret the unknowns faith and science. Who knows which side of the debate I'd be on today if my path looked like yours. :brew:

The only negative camp experience I had was a cabin blue flame night....unfortunately I was just a little to skilled in this area. Let's just say I learned about the backdraft phenomena long before the movie came out :o

Get rich mega churches are what you base your decision on for spiritual issues? Forget the facade, check the heart. If I base all of humanity on you or on myself, then I have just proven ignorance at it's highest state, and that I am not as free as I thought I wss. Alright...gotta go. Climbing awaits. V13's Baby!! Wait, that was just a dream...try V3

The fundamentalist crowd formed my opinion only of the fundamentalist crowd. They had no effect on my faith (or lack thereof at the time, actually).

I believed in God for years, and, as a Catholic in a Catholic school, was religiously trained. But one day, after a couple of years of pondering, I gave him up for Lent and never looked back.

I am full blood Irish as well.

I know plenty of good irish catholics who don't believe in a god.

Do any catholics?

St. Francis Solano School, all eight grades, baby.

Your adze-hole must be sore.

That's no joke. I never had a problem, but at least four boys in my class (and there were only ten) were sexually abused by priests at our CYO camp, which I also attended. I learned this decades later, long after the four priests responsible were convicted, but these were the very same guys that had be biggest behavioral problems. They were all good friends of mine. THAT pisses me off.

Dude - that is seriously fucked up. My personal church experience growing was generally positive, and has certainly influenced the way I interpret the unknowns faith and science. Who knows which side of the debate I'd be on today if my path looked like yours. :brew:

The only negative camp experience I had was a cabin blue flame night....unfortunately I was just a little to skilled in this area. Let's just say I learned about the backdraft phenomena long before the movie came out :o

It is fucked up. I can think of no more heinous crime than fucking up the rest of a kid's life through sexual abuse. But, remember, I didn't learn about any of this until recently.

I also had a very positive experience growing up Catholic. My school was great. I also had a great time at CYO camp. When I initially heard of the charges being filed against its founder, I couldn't believe it, but this was decades later. I only learned about my classmates about 7 years ago, so none of this had any effect on my religiosity or upbringing.

Fucks sake, I'm not THAT Irish, man! I've got a wee bit of viking in me, and thank god; otherwise I'd be 5 foot 4, teeth like an old picket fence, and a nose like a Marashino cherry.

Sorry, a quick translation is due: Tvashtarkatena is drinking whisky today, and is very drunk.

Sorry, a quick translation is due: Tvashtarkatena is drinking whisky today, and is very drunk.

Irish drink whiskey not whisky. :yoda:

Irish drink whiskey not whisky. :yoda:

Canadian whiskey, if you really must know. I'm so ashamed.

But it's so good.

I used to think exactly like you

I can say with absolute certainty that that is extremely unlikely.

Unlikeliness presupposes a certain amount of likeliness, regardless of how small, suggesting that absolute certaintly very likely does not apply. :P

Uh, I hate to say this but...that was the joke. Well, part of it anyway. I was also referring to the absolute beliefs under discussion.

Lame, I know.

Gforce, what is the root of all evil?

Dechristo????? I can see you really do not know the bible. However, can you reply to me with the correct definition of what the original Hebrew for the word 'sin' means?

How predictable. The self-ordained authority in a subject doesn't know the answer so he obfuscates by posing a question of esoteric minutia.

Do you have any personal knowledge of any of the "meat" of your faith? Can you convey any real benefit you've derived from your faith other than an elevated standing in a social construct?

What does it mean and how does one "pray w/o ceasing", "abide in Christ", "judge not, lest you be judged", or "the kingdom of heaven is at hand"? What did the apostle John mean with "we no longer sin"? Do you possess anything of value except the ability to quote others and texts? Or, have you only learned to parrot rote answers like any rank-climbing member of a generic social club?

One of the things I don't like about some Christian climbers is a smug arrogant attitude born from a perception of membership in an exclusive club when, upon penetration of a thin superficial veneer, it's revealed they've learned only to whistle in the dark with their hearts.

In step with this acolyte, is the devotee who can offer nothing of value or depth from their own experience, but merely echo sentiments and legalisms of others.

The offense portrayed in responses to images and /or writings here has revealed the frailty of a number of persons' veneer.

I've been thinking about my Last Supper depiction and I've decided an apology is in order to those it offended.

The Mickey's bottles were bullshit. I should not have photoshopped them into such a beautiful painting of such a sacred subject.

Whether you're the Son of God, just a man, or both, Mickey's sucks. Jesus, being a frugal man of the people, would probably have been a PBR man. After all, he was not immune to being a little bit of a hipster, given that he hung around with kick ass babes like Mary Magdelan and what were basically 1st century beatniks. No way he would have touched a Corona, the party beer of choice for Pharisees. Microbrews? Uh, no. No one in their right mind would preach all day in the Middle Eastern heat with a raging IPA hangover. Harp? Nyet. Why compete with the celt's main head diety? Budweiser? Forget it. These aren't a bunch of centurions we're talking about here.

So, while I don't have time to photoshop in a case of PBRs, I hope those of you who were offended will accept this apology in the spirit it was intended.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I've been thinking about my Last Supper depiction and I've decided an apology is in order to those it offended.

The Mickey's bottles were bullshit. I should not have photoshopped them into such a beautiful painting of such a sacred subject.

Whether you're the Son of God, just a man, or both, Mickey's sucks. Jesus, being a frugal man of the people, would probably have been a PBR man. After all, he was not immune to being a little bit of a hipster, given that he hung around with kick ass babes like Mary Magdelan and what were basically 1st century beatniks. No way he would have touched a Corona, the party beer of choice for Pharisees. Microbrews? Uh, no. No one in their right mind would preach all day in the Middle Eastern heat with a raging IPA hangover. Harp? Nyet. Why compete with the celt's main head diety? Budweiser? Forget it. These aren't a bunch of centurions we're talking about here.

So, while I don't have time to photoshop in a case of PBRs, I hope those of you who were offended will accept this apology in the spirit it was intended.

Amen!

Spiritual question: When Jesus farted, do you think he claimed it or tried to blame it on Peter? Just wondering what would Jesus do.

Spiritual question: When Jesus farted, do you think he claimed it or tried to blame it on Peter? Just wondering what would Jesus do.

The Bible is very clear on this. Jesus referred to Peter as his rock. Rocks do not fart. Unless they are molten, but that's not what Jesus meant because you don't build your church on molten rock, unless you want it's history to be short and dramatic. Now, churches that have been built on rocks have been destroyed by molten rock, but that's not at issue here.

Furthermore, archeological evidence reveals that Jesus lived in a time and place where hummous was common, and that shit makes you fart like a Lawnboy.

We also know that from scripture, or somewhere equally reliable, that the Pope shits in the woods. Therefore, it stands to reason that if a world leader like the Pope has been known to lay a steaming coil trailside, then a world savoir certainly would have been willing to relieve a little internal discomfort after wolfing a Philistinian gyro special and a couple of PBRs.

Finally, Mary Magdeline wrote in her gospel that she found Jesus' farts hilarious. This passage has been deleted by some Christian sects, but, nonetheless, Biblical scholars the world have repeatedly backed up it's existence.

Gforce, what is the root of all evil?

You've probably all seen the first one, but I hadn't seen the second one before...

Proof that girls are evil:

First we state that “girls require time and money.”

Girl = Time x Money

And as we all know “time is money.”

Time = Money

And because “money is the root of all evil.”

Money = sqrt(Evil)

Originally we have:

Girl = Time x Money

And now we substitue everything in, we get:

Girl = Money x Money

Girl = sqrt(Evil) x sqrt(Evil)

Girl = (sqrt(Evil))^2

Gril = Evil

But here’s another proof to show how men are THREE TIMES worse

Proof that men are 3 times more evil:

First we state that men need time, money, girl and sex.

Men = Time x Money x Girl x Sex

We all know “time is money.”

Time = Money

Therefore:

Men = Money x Money x Girl x Sex

And we all know to many men:

Girl = Sex

As for men’s proof showing “girls are evil” So

Girl = Evil then,

Evil = Sex

Men = Money x Money x Evil x Evil

Men = Money^2 x Evil^2

And because “money is the root of all evil.”

Men = (sqrt(Evil))^2 x Evil^2

Men = Evil x Evil^2

Men = Evil^3

Men’s proof:

Girl = Evil

Girl’s proof:

Men = Evil^3

So we are forced to conclude men are worse than girls.