Christian Climbers.

gforceclimber

Decaf? I am thinkin some warm milk and put this one to bed...I forgot who posted the pic of Jesus with a Mickey's? Whoever it was, I want you to know that you are entitled to your own opinion, but please leave the images like that on your own computer.

But what about the Mohammed cartoons? Would posting THOSE be OK? Cause he's just some towel headed heathen right?

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decaf? I am thinkin some warm milk and put this one to bed...I forgot who posted the pic of Jesus with a Mickey's? Whoever it was, I want you to know that you are entitled to your own opinion, but please leave the images like that on your own computer.

But what about the Mohammed cartoons? Would posting THOSE be OK? Cause he's just some towel headed heathen right?

Go ahead Dru, and while you're at it, post your address as well :grin:

Don't take it too badly, gforce. Bashing on Christians around here is kind of like bashing on the Mountaineers: some of us have real reasons for criticizing those groups but as much as anything else it is just sport and when it comes to a good old cc.com bait-and-bash, he who posts the most offensive jab is the one having the most fun. Buried in all of that have been some decent points, though.

Decaf? I am thinkin some warm milk and put this one to bed...I forgot who posted the pic of Jesus with a Mickey's? Whoever it was, I want you to know that you are entitled to your own opinion, but please leave the images like that on your own computer. That is not just borderline, that is flatout steppin on wrong territory for some folks. You can spray, but try and respect a bit as well.

Save yer preachin for your congregation, Rev. Your wasting your breath here. You're especially wasting your breath preaching to an Irishmen (yes, Tvashtar is an celtic name) who was born with the "go take a flying fuck at a rolling donut" gene. And BTW, that's the LEAST offensive depiction of the Last Supper on my computer. Would you like me to include the one with the strippers?

In any case, there is absolutely nothing offensive about anyone, including the Drol Susej, knocking back a few Mickeys, a little Gentleman Jack, and enjoying some bong hits. Jebus was a man, and a political revolutionary who hung out with other spirited, like minded folks. If I replaced the Mickeys (OK, I'd be offended too if I went to a party and that's all they had) with 'sacramental wine' would that be OK? Or had him chewing Qat, which is a common intoxicant for that region?

JC most certainly hung out with his friends, got high using the means of the day, and shot the shit until the wee hours, just like any other revolutionary figure. And he most certainly enjoyed the company of women, who must have flocked to him like a rockstar. Why the humanity of this self proclaimed human is offensive to your kind is something I'll never, nor would I care to, understand.

I'm also baffled that you find the need to comment on my relatively mild cartoon, yet "eat my cum encrusted underwear" type comments go unaddressed. I suppose "eat Jesus' cum encrusted loincloth" might have produced a response. Who's to know?

So far, you're the only one whose gravely offended here by such notions. Well, you and Seahawks, but his IQ is lower than his hat size. This aint' the New Life Church sight, in case you haven't noticed. Are there Christians here? Of course there are. The beauty of this site is that it represents a meeting of uncensored minds. I realize that this may go against the grain of Christian self censorship that you're apparently more comfortable with, but it is sites like these, not the (few) circle jerk Christian sites I've briefly lurked on, that represent a meeting place for real and often really stupid ideas. Add to that some of the worst puns in history and a smattering of drunken dwarf images and you've got some pretty decent reality entertainment.

So quit with the 'reverent' and 'appropriate' crap. If you want that, try the Boy Scouts.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Go ahead Dru, and while you're at it, post your address as well :grin:

Actually, there is a site that posts every offensive and non-offensive depiction of Mohammed known to date. I used it to design my holloween costume this year (I was the Moj, my wife was JC). Google images finds it quickly.

He also posts his best hate mail, which, as you can imagine, involve a number of imaginative threats.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Decaf? I am thinkin some warm milk and put this one to bed...I forgot who posted the pic of Jesus with a Mickey's? Whoever it was, I want you to know that you are entitled to your own opinion, but please leave the images like that on your own computer. That is not just borderline, that is flatout steppin on wrong territory for some folks. You can spray, but try and respect a bit as well.

It's unrealistic to expect anything more from someone that hides behind the veil of an avatar. How cool to have the microcosm that is CC.com to spew hate and offensive material without apparent consequence. I guess we can take solace in the fact that the venting TTK does on this site likely takes the edge off his actions in the real world. Of course I'd bet he doesn't have the sack to do it out there.

Oh, as anyone who knows me will attest, I assure you I do. Besides, there's nothing hateful in this or any other of my posts. If you feel hate or offense, Look Inward, Angel. It's called 'projection'.

Interesting comment from someone who doesn't know me. More like something KKK would come up with.

Back to the original knot on this thread? Christian Climbers? Do you like them or hate them? Answer wisely...it may be your last!!!!!!! ha!

You have to love someone before you can truly hate them.

Love and hate. Black and White. Welcome to Christianity's most suppressive incarnation. I think certain Christians crave hatred. It's us against the world; the hero/martyr hormone at work.

I take people as they come, one at a time, and can't remember the last time I hated anyone. Why waste the energy?

There is one thing I hate, though. Ignorance; both others' and my own.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Did those cartoons upset you Dru?

Maybe we need some Canadian style "Hate-speech" laws down here to keep folks in line.

don't know about christian climbers, but bivying w/ the big guy would rawk - no need to carry rations, just some fucking crumbs - you think he could turn the moss into chronic?

I don't know about you, but I don't crave raw fish on climbs. Plus sandals suck on glaciers.

Its called 'sushi'. By all acccounts, the wine Jesus conjured up was among the best anyone had tasted. So I bet He makes up a damn fine sushi.

Also, since Jesus can walk on water, sandals on a glacier would be no problem.

I think Jesus would make a great climbing partner. As long as He shares His Mickey on the bivy.

don't know about christian climbers, but bivying w/ the big guy would rawk - no need to carry rations, just some fucking crumbs - you think he could turn the moss into chronic?

I don't know about you, but I don't crave raw fish on climbs. Plus sandals suck on glaciers.

Its called 'sushi'. By all acccounts, the wine Jesus conjured up was among the best anyone had tasted. So I bet He makes up a damn fine sushi.

Also, since Jesus can walk on water, sandals on a glacier would be no problem.

I think Jesus would make a great climbing partner. As long as He shares His Mickey on the bivy.

Well, I guess he's omnipotent, so...hey. That WOULD rock.

A little pu pu platter and a mai tai for the summit? Oh yeah.

As long as Jesus didn't insist that everyone wear sandals (as he occasionally did), I'd be down with that.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

It's unrealistic to expect anything more from someone that hides behind the veil of an avatar. How cool to have the microcosm that is CC.com to spew hate and offensive material without apparent consequence. I guess we can take solace in the fact that the venting TTK does on this site likely takes the edge off his actions in the real world. Of course I'd bet he doesn't have the sack to do it out there.

Oh, as anyone who knows me will attest, I assure you I do. Besides, there's nothing hateful in this or any other of my posts. If you feel hate or offense, Look Inward, Angel. It's called 'projection'.

Interesting comment from someone who doesn't know me. More like something KKK would come up with.

True enough...I don't know you....your first name, where you live (city or state), nothing. For all I know you are the inflammatory avatar of an actual climber on this site - which acutally makes sense seing as how I've never seen you mention anything of climbing in your posts.

You say you've never played video games, but I would contend this site is your video game. Your little fantasy world where you can think of yourself as admired, funny, intelligent, brave.... Some people have Halo, you've got CC.com.

True enough...I don't know you....your first name, where you live (city or state), nothing. For all I know you are the inflammatory avatar of an actual climber on this site - which acutally makes sense seing as how I've never seen you mention anything of climbing in your posts.

You say you've never played video games, but I would contend this site is your video game. Your little fantasy world where you can think of yourself as admired, funny, intelligent, brave.... Some people have Halo, you've got CC.com.

Gosh, that really hurts. But it is flattering that you want to get to know me better. I'm new, but I've posted a few TRs on this site, you just haven't read them. As for my anonymity, I've gone climbing and had beers with other folks here, and plan to meet and climb with more, so I really don't know what your point is. Perhaps you don't, either. As for what I think of myself, or whether I'm admired, you might be the only one here who cares. In the end, the audience decides. And I'm sorry that I'm funnier, braver, and more intelligent than you. Blame God for that.

Is "His Mickey" euphemistic as in "his Jimmy"?

Clearly you're not following along with this thread. If you were, you'd know what 'Mickey' refers to.

Yep....you've got 35 pages to wade through you BM sucking troll

Clearly you're not following along with this thread. If you were, you'd know what 'Mickey' refers to.

Yep....you've got 35 pages to wade through you BM sucking troll

I don't know, but it sounds like 'Mickey' is becoming part of the CC lexicon. That constant reminder's gotta hurt.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Yeah, the next canyon over, a piece of heavy equipment cut the phone lines sometime last Tuesday. discovered late last night when I got home from a gig the phone line for my computer was repaired, but not the line for my phone.

If I get bored, which is unlikely, I'll read through the dozen pages i missed in this thread... in hopes my boredom would find relief. Hope springs eternal.

Yeah, the next canyon over, a piece of heavy equipment cut the phone lines sometime last Tuesday. discovered late last night when I got home from a gig the phone line for my computer was repaired, but not the line for my phone.

If I get bored, which is unlikely, I'll read through the dozen pages i missed in this thread... in hopes my boredom would find relief. Hope springs eternal.

Dare to dream good man, dare to dream